The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 196 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#108981 - 03/07/07 04:31 PM Re: What did you do today ? [Re: orchid]
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
I wonder if biking can remove cottage cheese legs or are they here to stay?
Orchid, what do you think?

chick

#108982 - 03/08/07 02:40 AM Re: What did you do today ? [Re: chickadee]
NewLeaf Offline

Loc: Deland, Florida
CrossStitch, that would be great. I love flea markets..so hard on the pocketbook, but fun!

Sounds like a good idea. I'm off Thursdays and Sundays. Sundays are best, I go to church then take the kiddies to the flea market for "stuff", you know how that goes...

EM me if you'd like to meet up sometime.

#108983 - 03/08/07 01:08 PM Re: What did you do today ? [Re: NewLeaf]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Orchid, please hurry and answer chick's post.

With love,
Another cottage cheese sufferer

#108984 - 03/08/07 01:21 PM Re: What did you do today ?
CrosstitchQueen Offline

Loc: Sanford, Florida
Hey New Leaf --
sounds good to me! I'm tied up this weekend and the following one (headed out of town to one of husband's fishing tournaments) but I'll email you when I get back and maybe we can meet up one Sunday at the Flea Market.

Don't know what Orchid's reply will be, but from what I've read, regarding the cottage cheese legs........if you're talking about cellulite, nothing really gets rid of it. Toning up the muscles underneath and losing weight helps to tighten the skin and makes the cellulite not as noticable. (Kind of the same thing the lotions that are supposed to remove cellulite do.....tighten the skin and fill in the gaps) If by cottage cheese legs you just mean no muscle tone......well yea biking would definitely build some muscle!!

I'm headed to the gym for half an hour on the elliptical and half an hour on the treadmill.....going to go get rid of some of my own cottage cheese......

#108985 - 03/09/07 04:51 AM Re: What did you do today ? [Re: chickadee]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
I'm sorry to be tardy...just finishing up supper.

It would take cycling 5-6 times per wk......about 1/2 hr. to 1 hr. each time where you are cycling during the ride with some sweat. My first bike ride after not being on bike for 12 years...was painful. It was 9 kms. long. My first bike trip was Vermont. 500 kms over 10 days..and whole time I didn't understand how to use my 18 speed bike gears to make life easier.

It is true that jogging requires more effort. But for me, I like cycling, because no matter how SLOW you ride, you go farther than jogging..and you can carry weight on your bike rack without damaging your back.

Helps to do overall floor exercises for flexibility, balance and strengthening. I do a boring 1/2 hr. stretching routine (which I'm forgetting to do now) that I've thrown together exercises over the years that cover: some simple yoga (Sundog stretch, mediation-1 leg stand, etc.), tai chi warm-up exercises, 1-2 pilates movements for abs, and other stuff. I don't even sweat...it's helpful to keep stretched and balanced. I did this series ...before we went snowshoeing in the mountains for a few hrs. each day over Christmas holidays.

EAch person is different about cottage cheese cellulite...but think dimpling can be reduced with lots fun workouts.

I have known several people whose figures and lives changed completely as a result of cycling nearly every day AND changing their diet.

It's probably easiest to do this gradually. Just go on the bike..to get a loaf of bread or go to the bank. Keep it simple and explore farther and farther each tiime at your own pace. And in exploring, you FORGET you are exercising.

That's what you want to achieve ...to do something that you love so much, that you forget it's work/exercise. because you're looking at new world/or seeing old world anew, around you...on bike, in jogging shoes, in swimming pool, etc.

Oh yea, since some of you enjoy journalling, keep a bike/walk journal. This is not literature, it's to keep you motivated. Jot down your mileage walked/cycled/swam. And whatever else. You will be surprised by your annual cumulative mileage. I did this for first few years. Parts also became a travel memoir. Learn to cycle by yourself for an hr. or less. You will become a stronger cyclist and will appreciate group rides better, ie. by keeping up with rest of the crowd OR not feel hurt just because you can't keep up. Big deal. Go your own pace.

Yes, at times it's a drag not to have a car, especially when weather is stormy/rotten. But then, I would have other problems.

#108986 - 03/09/07 08:21 AM Re: What did you do today ? [Re: orchid]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Nothing but worked, no movement but that of my red pen on manuscripts. If my butt gets much wider from all this sitting, well don't know what may happen.....

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#108987 - 03/09/07 12:35 PM Re: What did you do today ? [Re: chatty lady]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Cycling seems gentle on the body, sorta like swimming. It sounds like so much fun but Baltimore is not cycle friendly. Orchid, I am most impressed with your exercising routines.

For the record, I've heard lots of water is good for the cottage cheese.

#108988 - 03/09/07 11:57 PM Re: What did you do today ?
NewLeaf Offline

How harmful is alcohol to the skin and health? Two glasses of wine a day for me. Would that harm me or make me age faster?

#108989 - 03/09/07 11:58 PM Re: What did you do today ? [Re: NewLeaf]
NewLeaf Offline

Oh, and has anyone tried Hoodia? Does it work? What about the gojo berry juice? Does anything work to cleanse the body of toxins, act as an antioxidant and boost energy?

#108990 - 03/10/07 10:49 PM Re: What did you do today ? [Re: NewLeaf]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Someobody open the window! Poooolease!!!!!!

Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved