The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 154 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#108971 - 03/04/07 08:39 PM Re: What did you do today ? [Re: Anno]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Gawd...I love that pic. Now I'm hungry for something sweet...and I'm out of Oreos. Dang!

#108972 - 03/04/07 08:53 PM Re: What did you do today ? [Re: jawjaw]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
Actually, did not want to tell you this, but they are pictures of truffles made of OREOS! Now, aren't you feeling the need to run to the store?

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#108973 - 03/04/07 08:55 PM Re: What did you do today ? [Re: jawjaw]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Oh wow JJ; did you do the broken--toe-jig? And that silently...not to wake your granddaughter? I've done that...looks sort of like the mask; scream

#108974 - 03/04/07 11:31 PM Re: What did you do today ? [Re: ]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
Started off fitness cycling ride at around 8:30 am..it's a frequent 40 kms. route that we do which includes 3 long hills with beautiful ocean, mountain and soaring temperate rainforest areas.

Goes through by water shoreline where one can see kayakers and dragon boat teams practicing, through gorgeous residential areas with lovely gardens, past 3 large signature botancial gardens that tourist attractions (1 is free and magnificent), and sweeps through the University by the ocean, high dropping down with mountainviews ahead, past several beaches.

It is my favourite ride and one for visitors to show best views of city.

then grocery shopped at market. Had a lovely piece of Italian grape bread, which is a healthy focaccia baked with grapes and pine nuts. My bike pannier was breaking from food pkgs...

#108975 - 03/06/07 06:57 AM Re: What did you do today ? [Re: orchid]
NewLeaf Offline

Loc: Deland, Florida
I laughed out loud at work reading your posts Hannelore and Anno. I could just see the little ones and the family.

WoUlD anyone..like to adopt a slightly used husband who really isn't good for much, but he's potty trained and doesn't eat much.

He needs obedience training and hasn't had all his shots and has been known to go out and howl a little too frequently.

He tries to bite the postman and small children. Chases anything in a skirt and hasn't learned yet not to whizz on the electric fence.

Anyone interested please post here and I'll get back to you right away, believe me.

#108976 - 03/06/07 07:00 AM Re: What did you do today ? [Re: NewLeaf]
NewLeaf Offline

Loc: Deland, Florida
Ps. Cross stitch, OMYGOSH, you live in Sanford? Whereabouts? My daughter lives there too. Do you know about the shoe warehouse next to WalMart? My favorite place to buy shoes, and shoes and shoes...

The flea market is my next favorite place and Amoura's and Hops. Ever been to Bill and Frank's Brickhouse Grill in Deland?

#108977 - 03/06/07 12:05 PM Re: What did you do today ? [Re: NewLeaf]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
orchid, your outing sounds out of this world. I hope you don't take your surroundings for granted. Oh how I'd love to repeat that morning with you. It sounds perfect, doesn't it ladies?

Queenie, praying that's the first of many overnights with the princess. Have you thought about writing about your get-togethers to give to her one day? What a gift that would be. Even if you just take notes for now and write more later.

Hannelore, I love dancing children. My sister recently showed me pictures of her granddaughter dancing and she looked so innocent, sweet, and full of life. I would definitely have gathered to share in the joy had I been in the area. Sounds like a lovely intergenerational gathering. I hope you took pictures of the four generations of women.

#108978 - 03/06/07 12:44 PM Re: What did you do today ?
CrosstitchQueen Offline

Loc: Sanford, Florida
Hey New Leaf -

Yes I live in Sanford, close to the intersection of 17-92 and Lake Mary Blvd. Very close to the flea market!! Are you talking about the shoe warehouse close to the Walmart over by the Seminole Town Center Mall, the one near the Super Target? Yea I know that store! Have you checked out the shoe dept in the Marshall's there? It's big and they have a great selection of shoes too! I live closer to the Walmart on 17-92 and that's the one I usually go to.
I've been to Hops, but not to any of those other restaurants you've mentioned. Although I went to lunch with a friend in Deland a couple of weeks ago and it might have been the Brickhouse Grill......I can't remember the name of the place. Had to go down steps past a neat mosaic mural and fountains to get to it, and the food was fabulous.
We ought to meet up and spend a day wandering the flea market.........

#108979 - 03/06/07 12:51 PM Re: What did you do today ? [Re: CrosstitchQueen]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
NL - don't you love it when you can laugh out loud at work?

Orchid, I so admire your biking. I wish it was something that I enjoyed more. What type of bike do you ride? I have been thinking a recumbent bike might work better for my knees. Do you know anything about them?

I see another potential BWS hookup in the works. Is it possible?

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#108980 - 03/07/07 04:54 AM Re: What did you do today ? [Re: jawjaw]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
I've never tried a recumbent bike -yet.

Cycling is actually a sport that runners take up..after they have damaged their knees. Cycling is kinder on the knees but gives you still a cardio workout. But you need to do it on a properly fitted bike for you and also proper use of gears (do you know how to use 12,12,21, 24 speed gears?) to allow you to cycle more relaxed but faster on flats vs. proper granny gearing to help you get up those hills.

Many aches, pains on a bike are due to improper bike fit. Also saddle height and the geometry/length of bike.

Alot bikes are too long for many women's torsos. So a person is too stretched out.

Your knee problems...maybe are bike fit, saddle height and pushing your legs way too hard on your pedals (not using gear properly?). If your thigh/leg muscles feel too tight while biking, then loosen your gearing, if loose, tighten up.

One should shop around in a bike store or 2 and spend some time trying out bikes and asking lots of questions. And walk out if the bike mechanic doesn't treat you well.

Spend a few months and don't get discouraged to find the right bike. It took me 2 years...before I bought my 3rd bike. It finally fitted me. Made such a difference..now I go 20% more mileage and can climb hills better.

Cycling is a sport that women take up from their mid-20's up. I do think it's related to being a solo sport that relies heavily on your mental strength, endurance...and desire to be freed..qualities that women gain over the decades. It is harder for a 17-yr. old girl to cycle 100 kms. vs. a 40 yr. old woman. Trust me. If you have been pregnant and felt all those other natural physical aches...then come on, girl,...you can bike FAR.
Of course, I've never given birth in my life. But you get what I mean.

I was involved in running a women's cycling group for a few years. We had workshops on bike sizing /geometry for women, cycling nutrition, long-distance trip touring by bike, using your bike gears properly, etc. Also had monthly bike rides for women, ranging 30-60 kms. per trip. Some times we ended up at the beach, art gallery or picking strawberries.

Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved