The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 153 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#108951 - 02/26/07 03:17 PM Re: What did you do today ? [Re: NewLeaf]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
I just got home last night from three days at the Booming Women Conference - it was awesome and I'll write more about it later today.

Kathy

#108952 - 02/27/07 06:02 AM Re: What did you do today ? [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
NewLeaf Offline

Loc: Deland, Florida
I'm so happy today. Its been a wonderful day. I live in FL and it was close to 80. I slept until noon then opened the windows to let in fresh air, gave my grandaughter a bath and combed her beautiful long hair, washed dishes, did laundry and cleaned my home.

I cooked steak and creamed potatoes, peas and corn and fed the kids. Their friends came over and enjoyed my home and played video games. It felt so good to see Dublin and Aaliyah happily playing.

Then I went to work and one of my customers asked to speak to my supervisor to tell him what a wonderful job I had done in helping him. Its been a good day and I'm thankful for it.

#108953 - 03/01/07 04:32 PM Re: What did you do today ? [Re: NewLeaf]
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
I enjoyed our nearly 80 degree weather yesterday. It made taking my dog, Jack, for his walks so pleasant. Today is windy, but still warm.

I slept in just a bit, nearly 9, then got up and did some low back exercises and took my dog for a walk. We waved to neighbors as we passed. Jack brought in the newspaper and I ate my breakfast while my bird, Bailey, ate some pellets.

A great way to start off the day. Spending time with my favorite companions. Puts me in a good mood to start writing.
Your Writing Coach
Writing Coach Blog

#108954 - 03/01/07 06:06 PM Re: What did you do today ? [Re: Vicki M. Taylor]
NewLeaf Offline

Yesterday was the strangest day for me. I finally got to bed at 4:30 am, woke at 5:30 am, made breakfast for the kids, bathed Aaliyah and fixed her long curly hair, picked outfits out for the two of them, made sure they had all their "things" then sent them on their way to school.

Fed my piggy family, went back to bed and slept until noon. The whole rest of the afternoon and evening I was a bear!

Have any of you ever been angry and out of sorts for no seeming reason? I was just raw and even selected a desk at work off all by myself where it wouldn't rub off on anyone else.

Today I'm off and going to buy a good pair of tennis shoes and start walking again. Maybe that will help.

I was so grumpy that I apologized to Dublin and Aaliyah and they both said, "Like we didn't notice". They both have a wry sense of humor...don't know where they got that.

#108955 - 03/02/07 04:56 AM Re: What did you do today ? [Re: NewLeaf]
Mercy09 Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD
Today 3/1/07
I had a joyful day! I spent the day with my 82 year old mom, Lola. We drove about an hour to settle on her new home. She is moving to a Lutheran Village home which is a retirement community in PA. This whole process has been a long planned move. The folks at the Village-we jokingly call them-the village people- are all so sweet, sincere and nice. Our family, is so happy to see mom making her own decisions. We talked, settled-she let me write the BIG check and she signed it! We went to lunch, had a great meal and met a personable waitress! We shopped at Wal Mart for a shower curtain and mirror. She bought me stuff! It was just a smooth loving happy day! I feel secure about her plans and am happy for her!

#108956 - 03/02/07 05:05 PM Re: What did you do today ? [Re: Mercy09]
NewLeaf Offline

Sounds like a wonderful day, Mercy. I'm happy for you and your mom. I'm sure she will be very happy there with the "Village People" (I love that!)

My dad is 81 and my mom is 75. They are a hoot! I love spending time with them, but they're so funny and young at heart that sometimes they make me feel like the older one.

What a blessing to get to spend quality time building memories with our parents. I hope my kids feel that way about me when I'm older..if I make it that long.

#108957 - 03/03/07 01:27 PM Re: What did you do today ? [Re: NewLeaf]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Mercy, love the village people comment. What a hoot. Your post made me miss my mom. I recall dong the running around stuff with her too and it was such a treat. Treasue these days girlfriend.

While you were out running around with Mom, I was with my dad for part of the day. I took him to get his eyes examined by Ross while I had my teeth cleaned right around the corner. Then we went to lunch with Ross. It was sweet. I absolutely love spending time with my dad. H'es so easy to be around. Sometimes I call him when I'm running errands to Sam's Club or wherever and he'll come along for the ride. Heaven help all of us when something happens to him. All five of his kids call him almost every day becasue he's such a pleasure. Some people think it's weird but why not? I think I'll start a topic about how often we speak to our parents...

#108958 - 03/03/07 06:03 PM Re: What did you do today ?
NewLeaf Offline

Dotsie, I have tmobile with the five favs feature, unlimited talk time with five people you talk to most, each with their own icon and ringtone.

Anyway, mom and dad are among my five and I talk to them on my way to work almost every day. They are so funny and just hearing their voices makes me happy.

My dad still wears Sketchers. Seems no matter what I do or say or fix I get myself into, they always love me and encourage me. I listen to their daily happenings and their trips to the Dr., the antics of their dogs and they keep me up on all the other bros and sis and all their kids.

I don't know what I would ever do without them.

#108959 - 03/03/07 09:29 PM Re: What did you do today ? [Re: ]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
Squeezed in a semi-short (16 kms.) fitness bike ride, long way up a 10% hill ...to eventually get to the market where we did some weekly grocery shopping. Had freshly baked rosemary focaccia and $1.00 coffee while I heard my partner's bike trip from Seattle to Vancouver these last few days.

Fortunately rain held off during bike ride. Temperature was around 5 degrees Celsius..I guess that's under 38 degrees F.

#108960 - 03/03/07 09:32 PM Re: What did you do today ? [Re: orchid]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
Once again, I shoveled. ARRGGG! "#$@@!!#"

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved