The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 153 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#10817 - 03/23/05 11:37 PM Didn't know where to put this!
lalapaloosa Offline

Loc: Winters, California
Hi Everyone,
I haven't posted in a century but thought I would take a second and say "hello". I sat and read a lot of the forum topics this morning. Haven't taken the time to visit in so long.

I have tennis elbow, so don't know how long I will last at the keyboard.

About two months ago I started going to a homeopath. It has turned out to be a good thing. I originally started going to her because of hot flashes, etc. But, at the first appt. I fell to pieces. She said my adrenals were exhausted. She said that when the adrenals are exhausted the thyroid tries to take over for the adrenals. So, she started remedies for hormones, nervous system, digestive system and thyroid. I didn't realize how emotionally depleted I was. It wasn't until I started doing stuff that I used to do that I realized the regimen she had me on was actually working. For about two years I have been going through one thing after another. Some things have been devastating, some hurtful, some just annoying, and others downright frustrating. I have always been the type of person who calls others to check on them. If you ask me to do something I will do my best to make it happen. But, I haven't had the emotional energy to call people, help other people, participate in this forum or any of that (I still probably won't be participating in the forums for a while until I am on an even keel with the remedies). But, I am making progress. For that I am thankful.

I want to thank you for praying for my granddaughter, Addison. Her skin graft went well and her little hand looks pretty good. More trauma for Mommy than baby, I think, except now Addison is very leery of doctors or anyone wearing a white jacket.

Anyways, I just wanted to say hello and let you know that I love and appreciate you all.

#10818 - 03/24/05 12:01 AM Re: Didn't know where to put this!
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Hi Lalapaloosa,
I'm new here, so we haven't met yet. But your story grabbed my interest and I had to write. How did your homeopath determine that it was your adrenals/thyroid that needed attention? I've experienced much the same emotional exhaustion for over two years now. My doctor just called it *depression* and left it at that, leaving me to pretty much battle it out on my own. But I still think there may have been more to it, although there definitely was a bout of depression in the mix there. But I can't figure out how to get her (my GP) to dig deeper, i.e., specifically into that adrenal/thyroid connection. Did your homeopath do specific tests?

I'm so glad for you that the treatments are working, although that depth of exhaustion will probably need more time to recoup the lost energy, much less build up new reserves. My own exhaustion/fatigue is devastating and seemingly impossible to treat adequately. I'd be interested in how your homeopath worked her way to that diagnosis.

#10819 - 03/24/05 01:55 AM Re: Didn't know where to put this!
DJ Offline

Loc: Ohio
I also was diagnosed with exhausted adrenals about 2 or so years ago and went on a strict diet and vitamin regimin. It made a huge difference. I've written about it elsewhere in the forums. Eagle Heart, the reason your doctor calls it depression and leaves it as that is that some of this is considered "alternative" medicine. Health insurance doesn't recognize it as a condition, for the most part. Probably because you can't fix it with actual drugs, but have to work to change your diet and your lifestyle. I went through a battery of tests, but some of the dead giveaways are that your pupils stay dilated when you shine a light directly on them, and dark circles under your eyes. Others are extreme fatigue, etc. I've given up caffeine and sugar completely, but because I feel sooooo much better, I don't consider it a sacrifice.

#10820 - 03/24/05 02:10 AM Re: Didn't know where to put this!
lalapaloosa Offline

Loc: Winters, California
DJ, You are right about "alternative" medicine not being recognized. My homeopath said doctors throw medicine at things, but homeopathy tries to find why the body isn't doing what it was designed to do.
Eagle, my homeopath just interviewed me and I when I fell apart at my first appointment she said, "I was waiting for that. I could see it on your face when you walked in." (and I thought I looked okay!)

#10821 - 03/24/05 03:54 AM Re: Didn't know where to put this!
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Too many women won't try the homeopathic approach or the natural approach and unless some doctor gives them a bushel of pills that don't even work they refuse to try anything else, likie about the magnet therapy. I have written article after article and read whatever "NEW" comes out and people here and elsewhere just don't take it seriously and believe me its their LOSS!! As the old saying goes: You can lead a horse to water BUT can't make it drink. One never knows where the next miracle is coming from and usually now from any doctor.

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved