The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 151 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#108087 - 02/19/07 05:47 PM Re: Women's magazines-your likes-chick, non-chick [Re: Daisygirl]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
Yes, and Oprah has information about other things besides beauty. Try it for a year - it's not that much and certainly more interesting than some.

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#108088 - 02/19/07 07:11 PM Re: Women's magazines-your likes-chick, non-chick [Re: Anno]
mrs_madness Offline

Loc: Moscow
The New Yorker.

Easily the best magazine in America for editorials, in-depth journalism, cultural commentary, freedom of speech in print, contemporary cartoons, photography, fiction, movie/theatre/arts reviews. The best magazine in print in America today. Period.

And I've never even been to New York so there is no local prejudice here.

Edited by mrs_madness (02/19/07 07:12 PM)

#108089 - 02/19/07 08:01 PM Re: Women's magazines-your likes-chick, non-chick [Re: mrs_madness]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I get More. I have to keep up with the competition. HA!

I just subscribed to a magaine I subscribed to 20 years ago and then dropped. I love it. It's Southern Living. Anyone get that? The recipes are to die for.

#108090 - 02/20/07 06:46 AM Re: Women's magazines-your likes-chick, non-chick [Re: Daisygirl]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
I browse through back issues of Oprah at my favourite cafe about 15 min. away. I'm trying imagine some of my partners' female relatives in Germany, being interested in Oprah. She would be considered truly exotic from their experience.

The thing about More magazine is that usually the front page star woman that they interview, is literally an actress.. Now they are accomplished, but aren't there many other front cover-worthy women for More? That's why I don't subscribe to the magazine, just nibble here and there throughout the year.

#108091 - 02/20/07 06:54 AM Re: Women's magazines-your likes-chick, non-chick [Re: orchid]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
I love Cottage Living and use to like Southern Living but the ads overtook the magazine and I lost interest. I got really tired of wading through all the ads.

I take Reader's Digest and Taste of Home. I love those and will probably always subscribe to them. There is another one I'm interested in and I think it's called Birds N Bloom??? Anybody know? I love looking at "backyard" magazines, gardening, and also recipe magazines. For someone who doesn't cook and doesn't garden, I sure do have a lot of them around. I save all of mine.

I think I'll have the Mother of All Paper Drives, one of these days and back a truck up to the recycle center.

I think O is too pricey for the content and the only way I'll read it is to do so at the library. Free.

I love Martha Stewarts though, and would/should/probably WILL subscribe to it.

JJ

#108092 - 02/20/07 12:07 PM Re: Women's magazines-your likes-chick, non-chick [Re: jawjaw]
Louisa Offline

Loc: MA
I don't subscribe to any. I just buy them when I feel like it. I like Woman's world, The Writer, Writer's Digest and often pick up any magazine that has a story that looks interesting to me when passing through the checkout. I don't really read a lot of magazines.

#108093 - 02/20/07 05:06 PM Re: Women's magazines-your likes-chick, non-chick [Re: Louisa]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
I love the articles in Vanity Fair.

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#108094 - 02/20/07 06:49 PM Re: Women's magazines-your likes-chick, non-chick [Re: Dianne]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
To tell you the truth, I don't think I'll subscribe to any magazine. I'm glad if I have the time to just read the cover... Thanks for your tips anyway. Maybe someday, when I have nothing to do. Ha! I wonder if Hubby can put a slot in my grave stone to shove the magazines down?

#108095 - 02/21/07 04:26 AM Re: Women's magazines-your likes-chick, non-chick [Re: Edelweiss]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
I buy them when I feel like reading something. When I did subscribe it was to Time and Newsweek. I enjoy thumbing through the home magazines, like Southern Living and the one Better Homes puts out. Not much of anything else interests me. We use to subscribe to a marketing magazine, which wasn't so much about how to market, but about what was happening in the market place. Found some really interesting articles in them. I still have a great many of the mags stashed away... why, I don't know, but I do.

#108096 - 02/22/07 05:35 AM Re: Women's magazines-your likes-chick, non-chick [Re: gims]
NewLeaf Offline

Loc: Deland, Florida
I don't subscribe to any magazines. Used to, but I often buy Looking Good or Women's magazine for little blips of beauty or weight loss articles.
For heavy duty reading I enjoy the National Geographic and Science Digest.
Around the holidays I enjoy McCalls and Women's Day for the recipes.
I look at Elle and Vogue for fashion ideas and love to scratch and sniff the new perfumes...
Better Homes and Gardens for decorating ideas and finally-Psychology Today and used to read Omni Magazine befor they quit publishing it just because I could...

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved