The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 139 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#107537 - 02/17/07 10:56 AM Re: so why do they love you? [Re: whittlewoman]
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
good to see you whittlewomen been awhile....
maybee staying together is hard at times (and who hasent had to work at it) but i am sure its worth it for you.
its good to see ya back
celtic

#107538 - 02/17/07 02:06 PM Re: so why do they love you? [Re: celtic_flame]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
Hey Whittle - I was wondering how you were doing and posted a question in some forgotten thread if anyone had heard from you.

Were you hit by the big snowfalls? Doing okay?

Relationships are hard work - and fun work. Like you said, you prepare your whole life to be in a relationship.

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#107539 - 02/17/07 03:27 PM Re: so why do they love you? [Re: Anno]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
I've been with my husband for nearly 32 years. I could guess why he loves me, but I just sent him an email and asked. (He's out of town)

He's not the wordy or romantic type at all; in fact, years ago he said "I love you, and if I ever change my mind I'll let you know". He just can't seem to say those words to me or anyone else, so it should be interesting to see IF he answers and what he says if he does.

I'll keep you posted...

Kathy

#107540 - 02/17/07 04:58 PM Re: so why do they love you? [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
New Leaf, thanks for explaining what is going on. Frankly, IMO, I can't see how he can deny your grandchildren. Kathy, any update for us? Whittle, that's a good point: I too feel as though whatever MH and I did before our relationship was all in good time to get us together. Relationships take work, IMO, at least for the long haul.

#107541 - 02/17/07 07:23 PM Re: so why do they love you? [Re: Princess Lenora]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

No word yet, Princess Lynnie. He's in Hawaii right now so with the time change he's two hours behind me. Howevever, I imagine I've stumped him and he has no clue how to respond. We'll see....

#107542 - 02/17/07 09:12 PM Re: so why do they love you? [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
whittlewoman Offline

Loc: upstate New York
I haven't felt much like talking for the last week. I've been dealing with some family chaos that makes me crazy so I have to take time to really think through what I feel and what is the healthiest, most positive response. I am thrilled to be Lynn's partner, spouse, lover and friend. When we are having difficult times, it is usually about being afraid of something. Doing the work required to name our fears sometimes includes the confusion of conflict but we each rely on the fact that we love one another and together we can work through anything.
We did get covered with 36-40 inches of snow. Luckily we have a very dependable plowman given that neither of us could have moved the amount of snow necessary to get our cars in and out of the driveway. While I am not suppose to be shoveling, the blizzard required pretty regular attention to not get snowed into the house.
Thank you for missing me. My healing is definitely happening inside now. I see the doctor on 2/20 and will probably have to pick a time to return to work.

Edited by whittlewoman (02/17/07 09:29 PM)

#107543 - 02/17/07 09:27 PM Re: so why do they love you? [Re: whittlewoman]
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
wow whittlewoman
i am sure that you are taking it as easiy as you can with the shovelling the (snow)situasion just not the best for you to recover physically from your opp.

Sorry to hear you have had family trouble, hope it gets better in the best possible outcome for those concered

I am sure you know... how blessed you are having love at the centre of your relashionship....I get the feel that many women heer also have that blessing in their relashionships

trouble and conflict is inevitable at times but its that love that pulls one throo everything. Well it dos for me when it matters most.

Can i be cheeky and remind you still to send that e-mail about your wedding and the pics....(i have been quitly hopefull)

cheers celtic

#107544 - 02/18/07 01:11 AM Re: so why do they love you? [Re: celtic_flame]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Okay, so anyone reading this knows my hubby doesn't like to say the dreaded three words "I love you", so I emailed him (he's out of town) and asked him to tell my why he loves me. No reply.... no reply....

...so I emailed him again and said, okay, don't worry about it, I'd hate to put you under stress trying to figure this out.

Then I talked to him just a little while ago. He was so funny, he said he had five whole pages of reasons why he loved me all written up, but when he got the second email telling him to forget it, he just deleted it all.

Well, we all know he didn't write five pages, but I know he loves me and it was cute that he said that. We are who we are, and we're used to it, and maybe I'd worry if he started saying it all the time.

#107545 - 02/18/07 05:07 AM Re: so why do they love you? [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
I think knowing and feeling you're loved is the key.
Going on 8 years and holding for us. We are the (self proclaimed)happiest couple on earth.

chick

#107546 - 02/18/07 09:08 AM Re: so why do they love you? [Re: chickadee]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
I believe he did write five pages, Kathy. If not on paper, then in his mind.

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved