The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 130 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#107517 - 02/13/07 05:44 AM Re: so why do they love you? [Re: orchid]
Dee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Because I'm good to him. Because I show him respect and we share the same values. Because I'm opposite of his two ex's...he never has to prove himself with me. He never goes a day without being told he's loved and adored and that he is the man of my dreams. I never say no...unless I'm sick or really, really tired. Because he knows he can trust me completely in every sense of the word. Because I don't take him for granted. Because I make him feel desirable. Because he knows I would give my life for him. Because I love him back.

#107518 - 02/13/07 06:20 AM Re: so why do they love you? [Re: Dee]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
He's told me many times that what he loves best about me is that I'm a fighter. I'm true to my convictions and don't back down for anyone. And if I really want something, I never give up.

I'm fearless, smart, fiercely independent, and painfully honest -- what you see is what you get. I don't give a whit for social constricts if I can't find the logic in them. We can talk about bio-mechanics or world politics.

And at this point in time, I'd have to say that he loves me more than I love him.

Poet and essayist

#107519 - 02/13/07 02:27 PM Re: so why do they love you? [Re: meredithbead]
NewLeaf Offline

Loc: Deland, Florida
My husband says he loves me because he believes some day we will find common ground and will be together. He says he love s me because when he is near me his heart goes pitter patter and he is overwhelmed.

He says I'm the smartest and most beautiful woman he has ever known.

#107520 - 02/13/07 02:32 PM Re: so why do they love you? [Re: meredithbead]
Laurel Offline

Loc: Oklahoma, USA
I boost his ego, make him feel special, tell him how handsome he is, cook his favorite foods, wash his dirty clothes, make him laugh and put up with his procrastinations.

I love him because he puts up with my tacky opinions, bad moods, loves me unconditionally, makes me feel special, makes me laugh.

I think most relationships work if both people are made to feel special and loved.

#107521 - 02/13/07 11:00 PM Re: so why do they love you? [Re: Laurel]
Poppie Offline

Loc: London
A great wee question indeed Celtic.
I used to have a very persistant nagging worry which would tell me that I could not be so loveable....then I would and do now see that the love I feel is reflected back in many different ways.
'unashamedley' .....well, I have a big, soft open heart....and it is allowed to be so, without my core vulnerabilities(which I chereish I might add), being crushed by deed or word. Such freedom is a great gift to give as much as it is to receive.....and we both give of ourselves in this way.
I also used to think that I could never break the constraints of my past....watching Celtics' determination to evolve has been inspirtional. I now know I can do the things I only used to dream of.
What do I bring in return?? Emotion without shame, desire to shine and be the best I can. To give every ounce of all that is good within me.
Well, that's about as mushy as I am prepared to be in public.
I am a dreamer.....Celtic is a realist
Celtic is a do-er.....I might if coaxed some.
I bring niavety to protect....Celtic crys..allowed.
Money burns a hole in my pocket, Celtic saves like a goodun.
I sing....we laugh.....we compliment eachother and accept such compliments with good grace(I had to practice with that one)
I am more obvious with my shyness...Celtic is more sure footed. I can imagine our lives may years from now as does she.

Popea

ps....I also feel amazonian/closer to my god/godess because of how and why I am loved.
''Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love

#107522 - 02/13/07 11:07 PM Re: so why do they love you? [Re: Poppie]
Poppie Offline

Loc: London
Oh aye....she is absoloutley gorgeous
agus ta mo chroi istigh ionat......(and my heart lies within)

Popea
''Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love

#107523 - 02/15/07 12:16 AM Re: so why do they love you? [Re: Poppie]
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Hello CF & POP, I hope you two are doing well. I suggest individual computers to reduce fighting over the keyboard! Newleaf, I am confused by your comment that someday you will find common ground. What about now? My H & I are best friends, which is how our relationship started. And we stayed BF for 22 years now. We've gone through periods of unemployment, 8 moves, cancer, trauma recovery, etc. etc. I don't know how we made it. But he loves me because I am "shelter from the storm." Yup, that's what he says. Although sometimes I am perfectly capable of creating the storm! Pop, I like that about being a goddess. That's a great way to feel in a relationship. My H & I do not have sports, books, or movies in common. what we have in common are the shared values. I too struggled with feeling unloveable. Why would he love me? Because he appreciates the unique!

#107524 - 02/15/07 12:35 AM Re: so why do they love you? [Re: Princess Lenora]
Emyjay Offline

I just asked my husband why he loves me. Now, keep in mind that at this writing, he is engossed in the Maryland/N.C. State game.

He says he loves me cause he "doesn't know any better." Then he added that we've been together for 38 years today (anniversary of our first date), because he has been "emotionally terrorized!"

One of the reasons I love him and have been in love with him is for his great sense of humor!

Happy Valentines Day!

Emily in Maryland (where it is iced over outside, but cozy inside!)

#107525 - 02/15/07 04:46 AM Re: so why do they love you? [Re: Emyjay]
NewLeaf Offline

enora, my husband and I are polar opposites. I'm attracted to the way he smells and his crusty, Johnny Depp personality and that he is very gregarious.
He is attracted to me as stated above. Right now our situation is that we can't live without each other against all odds. About a year ago my 4 yr. old grandaughter came to live with me along with her mommy who subsequently went to jail for a year not long after Aaliyah came. We were expecting my daughter to wind up in jail as she was facing trafficking charges so it really came as no surprise.

As a result of my grandaughter coming to live with us, my husband moved out into a huge home on his own saying he was just trying to preserve his sanity while my grandaughter and I moved into a tiny one bedroom apartment downtown which was the only thing I could afford on my $10 an hour job. That he wasn't going to be responsible for or support anyone else's child. He withdrew his financial support and pretty much went his own way saying, "You know where I am if you want to find me."

He also had a violent temper and was abusive to me. Now he is on Prozac and has really mellowed out.

Meanwhile, God provided money and a home for my grandaughter and I and now her 7 yr. old brother. We have 3 bedrooms and two full baths and a huge sunroom. We have 4 Guinea pigs who live in a "condo" and the kids have lots of playmates in the neighborhood.

I see my husband as often as I can. I'm not sure what will happen in the future to our relationship. No one in my family likes him. Some of his friends say they understand why someone about to retire wouldn't want to take on the responsibility of two small children but I love them and wouldn't hurt them or desert them for anyone.

That's why my husband holds out hope that someday we can find common ground meaning he wants the two of us to be together and have the grandkids to come and visit occasionally.

Ideally, that's the way it would be, but that's not the case in my life and my life is MY life.

#107526 - 02/15/07 04:48 AM Re: so why do they love you? [Re: NewLeaf]
NewLeaf Offline

Oh, and our sex life is off the charts! In this day and age, another good reason to stay together, married.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved