The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 152 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#107109 - 02/11/07 02:52 AM Get Well...Re: Update from Chatty [Re: Anno]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Chatty, have you seen a doctor? Maybe you need an antibiotic to shake this thing before it gets worse. If you lived closer, I'd bring you some of my home made chicken soup. Are you drinking lots of fluids?

#107110 - 02/11/07 04:39 AM Re: Update from Chatty [Re: Sadie]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
...and drink lemon juice, fresh squeezed. A couple of tablespoons (about 1/2 lemon) in 10 oz. water (purified if possible). Sweeten to taste by adding Grade B maple syrup (organic if possible). Drink 6 lemonades a day, if you can. My mom uses lemon juice and raw honey, and not as much water. Lemon is a natural cleanser and eliminates disease causing germs from our systems.

#107111 - 02/12/07 08:13 AM Re: Update from Chatty [Re: gims]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Hey Chatty,

Get well soon! We miss you!

Poet and essayist

#107112 - 02/12/07 09:19 PM Re: Update from Chatty [Re: meredithbead]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
Hi, Chatty. Get well soon!!!

#107113 - 02/12/07 09:21 PM Re: Update from Chatty [Re: Lola]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
gimster, I've heard of lemon and honey in tea, but never like this. What is Grade B maple syrup?

#107114 - 02/12/07 09:27 PM Re: Update from Chatty
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
I was feeling a bit worn down and purchased a box of emergen-C. Small packets of vitamin C and other vitamins and minerals. 2 or 3 packs a day, disolved in water and in 2 days I was feeling much better. Great stuff.

#107115 - 02/12/07 09:49 PM Re: Update from Chatty [Re: Anno]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Good afternoon, yes its 1:00 PM and I just dragged my butt out of bed. I have been literally living on tea with lemon and honey and also fresh squeezed lemon and organic honey mixed in a jar and when the coughing starts up I take a couple of tablespoons. I am taking enough vitamin C and other supplements, to vitamize an entire football team. The coughing seems to be slowing down a bit but still have the fever although its out of the 100's, also its very hard to breathe when walking just a few feet....
I'd pop in and read your messages and that helped alot as well. Plus the cards and private messages. Got a phone call from Janis (Smilinize) yesterday checking on me and heard how I sound, not a pretty sound (or sight) either. I swear I could carry a weeks worth of groceries in the bags under my eyes. Pray they go back to normal soon please, LOL! I may stop in later today and see whats cooking but for now off to make more chicken soup....Love you all and thanks for thinking of me....it truly helps.
Celtic I hope you and your son feel better soon as well.

Edited by chatty lady (02/13/07 01:24 AM)

#107116 - 02/12/07 10:05 PM Re: Update from Chatty [Re: Anno]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
Early season saps are used for Grade A light and medium ambers and have less mineral content.

Midseason saps are used for Grade A darker ambers and have more mineral content.

End season saps are used for Grade B, which have the most mineral content.

Lemon is God's cleansing fruit. My mom eats lemons or grapefruits daily, if she can. She'll eat a lemon, rind and all. The rind contains other essential vitamins that are beneficial to the body, so it's better when the whole lemon is used.

#107117 - 02/12/07 10:51 PM Re: Update from Chatty [Re: gims]
Jane_Carroll Offline

Loc: Alabama
Chatty,
Glad you were able to post an update. It's lonely without your words of wit and wisdom! Hope you feel better soon!

#107118 - 02/14/07 06:54 AM Re: Update from Chatty [Re: Sadie]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Spoke to Kathy who called from California and am hoping to feel well enough to meet with her on the 15th. but right now my fever is up again to 102*. I feel kind of like someone hit me with a bus, so it doesn't look good. Please pray for me, I need the Boomers in my corner to get past this, whatever it is, no one seems to know for sure....Thanks!

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved