The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 164 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#106626 - 02/11/07 03:47 AM Re: Your name, sign of the decade? [Re: Jane_Carroll]
Mercy09 Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD
glimster, Now that you've revealed Ramona...here is more info from the secret universe of names book. RMN's have a zest for stimulation, love the outdoors! Are adventurers who love to travel. Yet they never stray too far form their emotinal nests. They are tightly bound to their loved ones!
In their careers they are natural educators and coaches. They have a childlike sense of wonder!

#106627 - 02/11/07 05:09 AM Re: Your name, sign of the decade? [Re: Mercy09]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
If that doesn't hit the nail on the head, nothing does!
zest of stimulation
love outdoors
adventurous, love travel, yet NEVER STRAY far from emotional nest
tightly bound to loved ones
natural educator
childlike sense of wonder

This probably covers so many people, but it sure does describe me.

#106628 - 02/11/07 01:23 PM Re: Your name, sign of the decade? [Re: gims]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Wow, Gimster, that's powerful - and beautiful - stuff.

(Maya Angelou)

#106629 - 02/11/07 04:16 PM Re: Your name, sign of the decade? [Re: gims]
Laurel Offline

Loc: Oklahoma, USA
Hey Gimster,
I love that name; Ramona. Have you read the children's books character Ramona Quimby? She's a fun character.

Laurel

#106630 - 02/11/07 04:19 PM Re: Your name, sign of the decade? [Re: Mercy09]
Laurel Offline

Loc: Oklahoma, USA
Mercy09
Quote:

We have a great book, The Secret Universe of Names by Roy Felinson.

That sounds like a great book. I'll have to check it out. What does it say about the name "Pam"?

Laurel

#106631 - 02/11/07 05:05 PM Re: Your name, sign of the decade? [Re: gims]
klmr13 Offline

Loc: Stars Hollow
Isn't it funny how everyone has a different feeling about a name? I LOVE the name Ramona! And I agree with Laurel...the Ramona books, by Beverly Cleary, were wonderful! I always read them with my daughter when she was little.

#106632 - 02/11/07 09:14 PM Re: Your name, sign of the decade? [Re: gims]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
Quote:

I go by "Mona"...which is a shorter version of the full, which I hate with a passion! Mona is not so bad.

I knew of a family that named their daughters, Mona and Lisa. Yes, it was deliberate by the parents.

I have a set of cousins in 1 family, where out of 5 daughters, 3 were named Pauline, Arlene and Marlene.

#106633 - 02/11/07 09:37 PM Re: Your name, sign of the decade? [Re: orchid]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
Well, I'm warming up to the name...
NOT! OK, maybe a tid. I like what mercy's book had to say about RMN's, too, Eagle. But, it might just be emotional wishing on my part. Are you going to have her look up Sharon? Mercy, how do you look something up, by the full name or by just the consonants in a name?
I am familiar with the Cleary series. Our girls read them and, I've gotta say, I got ribbed because of Cleary's characterization. They could help but poke fun - like their father! Pam (I have a sister named Pamela), can't wait to see what Mercy has to report on that name. I'd like to compare it to how I feel about my sister.
Quote:

Isn't it funny how everyone has a different feeling about a name?

Isn't that the truth?

#106634 - 02/13/07 06:04 AM Re: Your name, sign of the decade? [Re: gims]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Ramona sounds just fine to me. There's a town not too far from here called Ramona.

I have to say, I really hate some of the girl names from the past 10 years. Taylor??? Hunter??? What's next, Butcher? I really don't understand why parents purposely give their kids ugly names, or names that no one can pronounce or spell.

Poet and essayist

#106635 - 02/13/07 09:53 PM Re: Your name, sign of the decade? [Re: meredithbead]
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
not being able to spell a name comes in handy if you get stoped by the police lol just thinking aloud lol...

dose anyone know how long it takes for a name to come into fashion, be everywear then diea down....i get confused when every second kids called by the same name and they are all 2 yrs old and it turns out to be something as insperasional as a new caricter out or eastenders ( a TV soap)

I like RMA its got caricter and unique in a good way and it feels nice in your mouth when you say it.

MERCY09 do you know what michelle means or dose anyone else for that matter. Either no one knew or botherd to tell me at home lol with all the meanings i was just getting curiouse

celtic

Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved