The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 152 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#106606 - 02/06/07 08:50 AM Re: Your name, sign of the decade? [Re: Laurel]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I am Charleen Catherine. Its okay, rarely ever use the middle name. Have no idea what either name means.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#106607 - 02/07/07 02:48 AM Re: Your name, sign of the decade? [Re: Laurel]
klmr13 Offline

Loc: Stars Hollow
I was sort of ahead of the pack with my name. My parents named me "Kimberly"...my mother had just read a book about the Kimberley (different spelling) Diamond Mines in S. Africa. All throughout school, I was the only "Kim". Then when it started to become popular in the Nineties, my head would whirl around when a mother would call her young daughter at the mall. I was never used to there being any other Kim!
My middle name was my mother's first name...Louise. It's a German name (she was of German descent) and it means "glory at war". THAT doesn't match my mother! She was kind and loving and peaceful. I believe my name means "leader".

#106608 - 02/07/07 03:39 AM Re: Your name, sign of the decade? [Re: klmr13]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
Chatty, Catherine means Pure. Charleen means Man; it is derived from the name Charles.

#106609 - 02/07/07 06:08 AM Re: Your name, sign of the decade? [Re: orchid]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
I like the French version of my name, Jeanne. However it sounds wrong with my last name. My last name would make it end like a thud.

A sister of mine would have been named Cynthia. However my mother who barely speaks English, could not pronounce the TH blended consonant, which is a common problem among native Chinese language speakers. So baby sister became "Sylvia" instead. Her Chinese name is "Ling Ling", which sounds like a tinkling bell to me.

Later my father had the pleasure of helping recommend English language names for children of relatives who immigrated to Canada. He (and their parents) agreed children might feel more included if they had an optional English language names. So he named 4 children in 2 families. The children did keep their names. And yes, my father wanted to make sure the parents liked the sound of the names, even if they didn't know what the words meant at that time.

#106610 - 02/07/07 07:45 AM Re: Your name, sign of the decade? [Re: orchid]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
I think my parents expected something else when they named me Angelika. If that's supposed to mean angel- like;...then oops, I think we all got a wrong conception of those devine angels up there.

#106611 - 02/08/07 01:35 AM Re: Your name, sign of the decade? [Re: Edelweiss]
Saundra Offline

Loc: Daytona Beach, Florida
Ho, ho, Hannelore. A cosmic joke on your parents! What does Hannelore mean?
www.gotteethguide.com for your Free Tips

#106612 - 02/08/07 01:53 PM Re: Your name, sign of the decade? [Re: Saundra]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Hannelore is actually my mother's name, and it means "God is my light."

#106613 - 02/08/07 04:21 PM Re: Your name, sign of the decade? [Re: Edelweiss]
starting over Offline

Loc: Illinois
My name is Patricia Ann (good Catholic name) Patricia means 'Noble' and Ann means 'Full of Grace'.

The year after I was born the Pope said people didn't have to name their kids after patron saints so my sister was named Kim.....I always envied her and thought it was so much cooler to have a trendy name.

I only go by Patricia for formal or legal things, I go by Patti on a daily basis and my initials spell by name!
P-A-T! (I think that's much cooler than my sister's initials which spell KAT!)

How we handle change determines our Destiny. P. Trapp
www.pattiswriting.com
www.marykay.com/ptrapp777

#106614 - 02/08/07 05:31 PM Re: Your name, sign of the decade? [Re: starting over]
Jane_Carroll Offline

Loc: Alabama
Jane...always plain Jane...means God is gracious...I've always liked my name...I think it suits me...Carol means powerful...so I guess Carroll means really POWERFUL! LOL

#106615 - 02/08/07 11:13 PM Re: Your name, sign of the decade? [Re: Jane_Carroll]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Gimster, I noticed in another thread that you signed your name "Mona"...and remembered what you had said in this thread about disliking both your first and second names.

I just have to say that I've always LOVED that name Mona...it was the name of the mother of one of my life-long best friends (we played in the playpen together 50+ years ago and still exchange Christmas & birthday cards and occasional emails) and I used to love how her name rolled off my tongue. If I recall correctly I named at least one of my dolls Mona. It's still one of my favourite names.

I know it's different when it's your own, and it also depends on how people either threw your name at you or caressed you with it, but I just had to throw in my two-cents worth...I have a beautiful Christian-based name book, and the spiritual connotation for Mona is "Reflection of Wisdom" and the inherent meaning is "Moon", so that's a mighty powerful name you have there...bringing light and wisdom to those around you...I for one love the special light that the moon brings to the night sky. The moon is considered to be a very special gift from God, designed to light the way for those who have to wrestle and journey through the darkness of night, a vibrant sign of eternal hope that we never walk alone, even in the darkest night of the soul.

Edited by Eagle Heart (02/09/07 12:21 AM)

(Maya Angelou)

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved