The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 212 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 ... 11 12 >
Topic Options
#105688 - 01/31/07 05:12 PM Re: Younger men [Re: Saundra]
gabrielle52 Offline

Loc: upstate New York
Thanks. I am very much aware of that issue. When I was engaged, my lawyer was very firm about pre-nups. Plus,I learned my lesson well. I had helped pay for my ex-boyfriend's daughter's college tuition (as well as many other things), and was reimbursed for only a very small portion of the loans. While I really believe he never intended to take the money and run, I will NEVER do that again!

#105689 - 01/31/07 05:14 PM Re: Younger men [Re: Saundra]
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
When I was dating in my 30's I went out with a man who was 11 years younger than me.(okay I was 33 and he was 22) We had the time of our lives. Mostly because we knew there was no "long term" commitment because we were both in two very different places in our lives. He'd never been married and I'd already had three children and divorced twice. I couldn't have more children and he wanted to eventually have a family.

Later, I met another man, 6 years younger than me who I fell in love with and married. Yep. Still married to him. We've been through him turning 30, and now this year, he'll be turning 40. heehee. Of course, he wasn't real excited about becoming a step grandpa at 39.
Your Writing Coach
Writing Coach Blog

#105690 - 01/31/07 06:02 PM Re: Younger men [Re: Vicki M. Taylor]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Gabrielle, what kind of business do you have? Would you like to share more about yourself?

#105691 - 01/31/07 10:07 PM Re: Younger men [Re: jawjaw]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Husband #1 was three years older, he was 21, I was 18.

Husband #2 was 18 years older, he was 44, I was 26.

Husband #3 was 7 years younger, he was 47, I was 54.

So I've had it both ways and never thought about their ages one way or the other. To me it depends on the maturity and character of a man.

Edited by chatty lady (01/31/07 10:09 PM)

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#105692 - 01/31/07 10:14 PM Re: Younger men [Re: chatty lady]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Funny, you gals think he's after her money. I think he's after her boomer body!

Oops.

Not the best way to welcome a newbie. Sorry.

Welcome Gabrielle. Thanks for jumping in and sharing right off the bat.

#105693 - 01/31/07 10:43 PM Re: Younger men [Re: Saundra]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
Welcome Gabrielle...
You sure do jump in with the hot and heavy!!!

What's the saying, something about younger men wanting a purse or a nurse? Regardless, a boy toy (in this case a younger guy) doesn't sound bad... that is until he starts acting childish or has habits unbecoming to a mature man. Good luck on whatever you decide to do... might read what the ladies had to say on the thread about dating rules (even tho you sound wise @ 54)... http://www.boomerwomenspeak.com/forums/s...ge=0#Post108453

Again, WELCOME

#105695 - 02/01/07 06:41 PM Re: Younger men [Re: ]
gabrielle52 Offline

Loc: upstate New York
I own an ambulance service and the majority of my management team are younger men. I have seen the mature ones and the immature ones and can almost recognize the "peter pans" in the first few minutes of conversation. But, I must admit, sometimes the immature ones are the most fun to be around. The younger guy I wrote about has been an acquaintance for about 5 years (and he says he's had a crush on me since he met me). He's in law enforcement (which is an issue in and of itself) and seems willing to entertain some unconventional future activities (not pertaining to sex, that subject hasn't been broached yet). A lot of guys my age are either looking for much younger women or are looking for someone to cook and clean for them. I'm looking for someone to "kick it" with as they say....to go to unusual places, do some oddball things, and just to laugh. I've never seen Disney World because I don't have kids, so I need someone who would love to go see Disney World and perhaps stay in the Ice Hotel in Canada someday. That's what I'm ready to do and he seems willing to join me in the adventure. I know he's a little bizarre, but, as Billy Joel would say "it just may be a lunatic you're looking for...".

#105696 - 02/01/07 06:50 PM Re: Younger men [Re: gabrielle52]
mrs_madness Offline

Loc: Moscow
Although I'm married and not in the market.....

The fact of the matter is, that at our age most men are younger than we are. There just aren't that many available men 50+. I've read that by age 60 women outnumber men by 8 to 1.

So I would think that older women dating younger men is just peachy. You gotta fish where the fish are.

#105697 - 02/02/07 02:00 AM Re: Younger men [Re: mrs_madness]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
mrs madness, interesting comment. I wasn't aware of that.

gabrielle, I love Billy Joel. Keep us posted.

#105698 - 02/02/07 06:56 PM Go 4 it gabrielle, [Re: Saundra]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Now here's a subject I could really sink my teeth into.
It isn't just Demi. There's Mary Tyler; Joan Collins; Susan Sarandon, and on and on. I agree with the last two comments: Don't get financially entwined. My hubby is only 3 years younger than me. But I like the way chatty thinks.
Go for it, girl! Most of us are in denial about age, anyhow.
Prayers and blessings,
B. Rose

Page 2 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 ... 11 12 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved