The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 227 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 12 of 12 < 1 2 ... 10 11 12
Topic Options
#105792 - 03/17/07 05:26 AM Re: Younger men [Re: Anno]
Melanie46 Offline

Loc: Connecticut USA
I think Ylang Ylang does contain indole, Anno. Most of the white flowers do. It's what helps make them so wonderfully fragrant.

It kind of shows just how base the human animal really is, doesn't it?

The guy I date has a fit when I bring this up in my lectures on natural fragrance, or if I happen to be doing a media interview. But I think it's pretty interesting. And it definitely gets everyone's attention.

www.BaileyMcMillanPerfumes.Blogspot.com

#105793 - 03/17/07 07:53 AM Re: Younger men [Re: Melanie46]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
I just love the smell of fresh cut wood. Now if they could make a fragrance for men that smells like that…WOW! There would be no holding me back. Do you know if ther is a scent all ready like that Melanie?

#105794 - 03/17/07 11:39 AM Re: Younger men [Re: Edelweiss]
Melanie46 Offline

Well, the thing that comes to my mind immediately is Virginia Cedarwood (it's also called Red Cedar). It's an evergreen tree that's native to North America. The scent from this tree is obtained through the process of steam distilling its wood. The ensuing essential oil is lovely. It's very mild and sweet. Kind of balsamic. Some people say that it smells like a pencil. This is in a lot of commercial colognes and perfumes--men's and women's. And, in fact, it's a key ingredient that I just used recently for the creation of a natural, artisan perfume for Valentine's Day last month: Pink Champagne with Cedarwood .

In addition to Virginia Cedarwood, there's also an Atlas Cedarwood. But I prefer the former. To me, at least, the oil that comes from the Virginia Cedarwood is a little more "crisp." The Atlas is nice, too, but it's more amber-like. I like them both, but the "Virginia" is more like the fresh wood cut smell that you say you would like on a man, Hannelore.

#105795 - 03/17/07 05:34 PM Re: Younger men [Re: Melanie46]
Jane_Carroll Offline

Loc: Alabama
Maybe the indole is what keeps poop from smelling any worse... LOL

#105796 - 03/17/07 08:07 PM Re: Younger men [Re: Jane_Carroll]
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
lolllllll very funnie jane i wouldn't of thought of it like that...

well HL now you know the name of your scent....go get em girl

#105798 - 03/20/07 01:00 AM Re: Younger men [Re: ]
Melanie46 Offline

I have smelled Muget Des Bois, and you're right. It does smell lovely (which is difficult for me to admit because I am an artisan perfumer who works with only natural scents).

Here is a little recipe to try at home--perhaps before one's next date with a younger man since grapefruit, when we wear it, helps men see us as six years younger than our actual age. :

Take 15 ml. (about a half an ounce) of jojoba oil, and into that blend one drop of ylang ylang absolute (a very powerful oil; a little ylang ylang goes a very long way), plus 36 drops of essential oil of pink grapefruit. Shake it to break up the scent molecules, and let it sit in a dark closet for a couple of days. It's quite nice. Very refreshing. It's not a true perfume oil because it doesn't have staying power--but it's a nice fragrant oil and is subtle and soft. And you can reapply it as needed if you want more scent. Just be careful and watch for any skin sensitivity. Maybe try just a scant drop on your skin at first if you're prone to allergies. Also, grapefruit essential oil may make your skin more sensitive to the sun--so be careful. And of course keep it away from the kids, grandkids and the pets. I think the term to use is common sense caution.

Page 12 of 12 < 1 2 ... 10 11 12

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved