The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 112 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 5 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12 13 >
Topic Options
#105576 - 02/02/07 12:43 AM Re: ga ga goo goo [Re: Lola]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
Okay, I have to brag a bit here, too. Seems, I too, am a new Grandmother. Celtic and Popea have graciously allowed me to adopt Lucien as his wonderful Grannie Annie.

Don't be jealous here, girls. I know that I did not have to give birth first, but, I believe, that I have adopted the most beautiful grandchild ever! And, to think, I adopted him on the day of his parents wedding. What a lucky woman I am today.

Okay, I need lots of advice! Like I said, I have never had my own kid, so how does one spoil a grandkid without pissing off the parents?

#105577 - 02/02/07 01:57 AM Re: ga ga goo goo [Re: Anno]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Lola, he's precious.I love his little expression. He looks like he's full of surprises.

Anno, This is so cool. Have you heard anything about the wedding? I have to go search the other forums to see what I can learn about their big day.

#105578 - 02/02/07 06:30 AM Re: ga ga goo goo
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
Ann, you can start corresponding with Lucien who now attends school. That way, you'll get to know him and all that he is fond of. I am sure you will be a doting grandmother to Lucien. How lovely it is for Celtic and Popea to share their bundle of love with you.

Yes, Dotsie. My grandchildren are my blessed treasures and my world stops for them.

#105579 - 02/02/07 06:54 AM Re: ga ga goo goo [Re: Lola]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
For lovely ANAIYA who celebrates her first birthday today!!!

#105580 - 02/02/07 08:23 AM Re: ga ga goo goo [Re: Lola]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Lola, what a surprise. You just made my mouth greet my ears.

Anaiya will be getting her first chocolate cake today. Oh boy...picture taking time. Dil has invited 27 people to come over on Sunday. She'll learn too...that little Anaiya won't give a hoot how many people are coming...as long as Mommy and Daddy are there.

Ann, you got to have a wallet of pictures of your grandchild to show. And it's the little things that count...the inbetween things that make you more special than others. Send him his favourite candy. Or a special pencil, book or crayons for school. Oh this is so exciting...a wedding and an adoption right here at the forum!

#105581 - 02/02/07 11:10 AM Re: ga ga goo goo [Re: Edelweiss]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
All of the grandchildren pictured are just beautiful. We are so fortunate to have healthy grandbabies.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#105582 - 02/02/07 06:06 PM Re: ga ga goo goo [Re: chatty lady]
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Anno, who cares about pissing off the parents? It's your grandchild, what's better than that? LOL Seriously, though. Indulge. Indulge. Indulge. On a reasonable level. Don't spoil him rotten, just spoil him a little. How old is he? Find out his likes, dislikes. Favorite teams, things like that.

That's about all the advice I can give you at the moment. I'm a brand new grandma and am still learning the ropes.

Always have pictures handy to show off your grandchild. I bought a small photo album that I can put in my purse, then a big one that I'm going to start for Dominik and go through his life with it. They grow so quickly.

It's Celtic and Po's responsibility to make sure you get regularly updated photos. Either electronically or through the mail. That's important in keeping the grandma happy.

Good luck and Congratulations!
Your Writing Coach
Writing Coach Blog

#105583 - 02/02/07 06:18 PM Re: ga ga goo goo [Re: chickadee]
Dee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Here's our first...little Adrianna. Turned 1 in January. This was taken on her birthday. She has the most precious giggle.

#105584 - 02/02/07 06:18 PM Re: ga ga goo goo [Re: Dee]
Dee Offline

Obviously, it didn't work..here I go again...

#105585 - 02/02/07 06:21 PM Re: ga ga goo goo *DELETED* [Re: Dee]
Dee Offline

Post deleted by Dee

Page 5 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12 13 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved