The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 92 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#105238 - 02/01/07 12:18 AM Re: Anyone read Suzanne Somer's "Ageless?" [Re: Daisygirl]
CrosstitchQueen Offline

Loc: Sanford, Florida
I skimmed thru this book today, but just couldn't get into really reading it. I tried bioidentical HRT after my hyst and couldn't take it -- it made me feel horrible. Some of us actually do better on synthetic HRT and I'm one of them. When I read that she was on birth control pills for 22 years, that kind of turned me off. I mean.......I don't know about anyone else.....but 22 years??!!?? The book includes interviews with a couple of women who are "success stories" but it seemed that they were miserable until they met Suzanne Somers and there's a lot of self-promotion in this book. I'm sure there are lots of women this book has helped, but I'm not one of them. I agree with some of the things she has to say (about eating right and exercising and doing what you can to stay healthy and strong) but I think it's all about finding what works for you. I haven't read any of her other books, and probably wouldn't have looked at this one twice if a friend hadn't loaned it to me. Don't plan on wasting my time with any of the other books she has out. The last chapter of this book was all about how to dress, wear your hair,makeup, etc., to look younger.....and I was totally turned off by her promoting a facial product that she just happens to sell.
I did lots of research about hormone replacement therapy back when I was involved with Hystersisters.......and might have gotten into this book more if I was still trying to find my own balance and answers......but I've been doing well for years now. If I were still struggling I'd probably have found this book more informative. Maybe it's a matter of it coming along at the right time in your life, but right now it wasn't for me.

#105239 - 02/01/07 11:33 PM Re: Anyone read Suzanne Somer's "Ageless?" [Re: CrosstitchQueen]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
Gimster, what does csq mean?

I have nothing for or against any treatment of any kind. There are many, many medicines, ideas and practices that work for each of us in many different ways. I happen to be one who listens to my doctors, but that is because I am too lazy to be my own researcher. I know they have a biased slant, are pushed by drug companies and tell what they know. It is just that I personally trust a doctor's knowledge, but also I question my doctors constantly.

Many of my closest friends are believers in natural healing and I applaud them for the time they take to find out information on what they know works for them.

SS is not someone I trust. Maybe the information she is sharing is 100% reliable, I just would rather hear it from someone other than SS.

#105240 - 02/02/07 12:26 AM Re: Anyone read Suzanne Somer's "Ageless?" [Re: Anno]
CrosstitchQueen Offline

Loc: Sanford, Florida
I believe that CSQ is short for Crosstitch Queen......me!!

#105241 - 02/02/07 12:35 AM Re: Anyone read Suzanne Somer's "Ageless?" [Re: CrosstitchQueen]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
Ah, thanks. The abbreviations used sometimes confuse me.

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#105242 - 02/17/07 05:13 PM Re: Anyone read Suzanne Somer's "Ageless?" [Re: Daisygirl]
Josie Offline

Loc: NJ
Did anyone see the expose on SS last night by John Stossel of 20/20? It was quite revealing: Some of the doctors who are mentioned in her books lack credentials and some of the information proved completely inaccurate.

As a nurse, I am appalled at how this self-admitted botoxed former actress can be given credibility as any sort of medical spokesperson.

Regarding HRT, I went off it gradually after the reports came out. The result was that all my symptoms returned with a vengeance. Plus, I lost most of my hair. So now I'm back on my HRT regime (with a complete return of my hair thank God) and stay closely monitored by a physician. To me, quality of life means so much.

#105243 - 02/18/07 12:51 AM Re: Anyone read Suzanne Somer's "Ageless?" [Re: Josie]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Josie, I saw the 20/20 episode and I'm not very fond of her. Not everyone can afford a personal trainer, dietician and botox!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved