The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 151 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#104957 - 01/27/07 04:53 AM Re: How often in contact with your partner during [Re: celtic_flame]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
I had an employee who's newly wedded hubby checked on her every few hrs. at work. Once, he dropped by at her workplace. It scared her. He must have driven 250 kms. to see her. He kept badgering her to drop the job, because he needed her to cook dinner, clean house. She felt guilty. So she quit. I found out shortly she got pregnant.

I feel sorry for her. She barely knew her hubby, I think she met him via letters. Though she is university educated from Philippines and already over 38 yrs. when she married, it was amazing she got herself in this situation....

He sounds abit creepy to me, stalking her, badgering her, etc.

#104958 - 01/27/07 04:08 PM Re: How often in contact with your partner during [Re: orchid]
NewLeaf Offline

Loc: Deland, Florida
My husband and I talk on the cellphone at least 3-4 times a day. I call him on my lunch break at work and he calls me when he is on the road from work.
We just want to hear each others voices, I think and hear those words, "I love you."
I think we are evolving as a couple and learning so many things about each other. We've sort of made a decision to stay together but not live under the same roof.
He is on medication now and it seems to have made a major difference in his life.
I love him very much and I know he loves me, yet there isn't a day that goes by that I don't think of leaving him. Its a strange relationship and certainly doesn't fit anyones norm, but I love him and check on him daily as he does me.

#104959 - 01/27/07 04:21 PM Re: How often in contact with your partner during [Re: NewLeaf]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
My husband and I call each other several times a day while I'm living at my brother's place. He calls me every morning to see how I am, if I slept well and what my score was on the online daily quiz that we both take. I might call him during the day if I need him to bring me something from home the next time he comes over, or to ask him to pick up groceries on his way over. On the days he doesn't come over, he'll call again in the evening to chat and to kiss me good night. I couldn't do this without him.

(Maya Angelou)

#104960 - 01/29/07 01:51 PM Re: How often in contact with your partner during [Re: Eagle Heart]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Eagle, what's the daily quiz? Is that something in the newspaper?

Hubby and I speak to one another a couple times a day. I call him, he calls me, whatever. We are often in touch. Can't help it.

My sister and her hubby are worse though. Mom used to say they couldn't go to the bathroom without calling one another.

#104961 - 01/30/07 01:58 PM Re: How often in contact with your partner during
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
We talk about three times a day. He just checks in to see how I'm doing.

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#104962 - 01/30/07 02:03 PM Re: How often in contact with your partner during [Re: Dianne]
Eagle Heart Offline

Dotsie, the quiz was mentioned here about a year ago, and my hubby and I have been doing it almost every day since. Lately it's been very difficult and frustrating with bizarre and obscure questions.

Here's the link if you want to give it a try...http://my.funtrivia.com/tournament/-35088.html I think it's open to newcomers. And I think there are a couple of other Boomer women who participate now and then as well...

(Maya Angelou)

#104963 - 01/31/07 12:46 AM Re: How often in contact with your partner during [Re: Eagle Heart]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

I see that Eagle's winning with +9 points. Is that you?

#104964 - 01/31/07 02:43 AM Re: How often in contact with your partner during
Eagle Heart Offline

Yes Dotsie, I'm Eagle, but I only got 7 today...did you sign up? Lately, they've had very difficult questions, but it's still fun to get the brain working. It's interesting that hubby and I rarely get the same answers wrong...I don't do well on the questions about American presidents and history, he doesn't know much of the pop culture stuff. If we did the quiz together, we'd probably get 10 every day!

Edited by Eagle Heart (01/31/07 02:44 AM)

(Maya Angelou)

#104965 - 01/31/07 10:03 PM Re: How often in contact with your partner during [Re: Eagle Heart]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

No, I didn't sign up. I was just checking it out.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved