The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 195 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 12 of 20 < 1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 19 20 >
Topic Options
#104765 - 03/09/07 10:19 PM Re: Update on my Brother
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Quick update: Gary was put in ICU early this afternoon because of increasing difficulty with his breathing. Last night was very rough for him, but this morning he seemed in good spirits - his white blood count is rising, which is excellent proof that the stem cell transplant "took" and is working. But the breathing has been steadily becoming very laboured, so finally they took him to ICU and put him on a ventilator.

Very scary. I'll be back here later this evening.

(Maya Angelou)

#104766 - 03/09/07 10:28 PM Re: Update on my Brother [Re: Eagle Heart]
yonuh Offline

Loc: Arizona
Eagle Heart, I continue to keep you and your brother in my prayers. Sending you lots of hugs and comfort.
http://sablewings.wordpress.com/

#104767 - 03/09/07 11:15 PM Re: Update on my Brother [Re: yonuh]
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Still here and using this day for Prayer for you both.

chick

#104768 - 03/10/07 11:57 PM Re: Update on my Brother [Re: chickadee]
Eagle Heart Offline

A "Gratitude Moment" happened today, big-time. I was sitting with my brother in ICU today, talking with him, praying for him. I started out hopeful, positive and strong, but the grief overwhelmed me and I started crying. Just then, the nurse called out to me that somebody had left a book at the front desk for Gary last night. I got up and started toward the door. He held it up for me to see, and then I REALLY started crying - but this time they were tears of GRATITUDE. The book was "The Secret", a book I have REALLY been wanting to get and read, but never had the time to get out to buy it or order it online. The nurse was clearly baffled, so I told him that these were tears of gratitude. I asked him "Do you believe in God?" He said, "I sure do", and I said, "Well, this book might have Gary's name on the cover, but it's definitely a gift to me from God this morning!" For me, the appearance of that book at that precise moment was an awesome unmistakeable declaration of His TLC and Presence in that room and in this situation with Gary.

I started reading it by myself, but ended up reading the entire 1st chapter out loud to Gary too. Awesome stuff, and it fits in with everything my own spiritual path has been teaching me over the past few years. Power. The awesome power of our positive thoughts.

So, as desperate as this situation seems right now, I'm choosing to think and focus on - and ONLY on - a positive outcome. I told Gary that from that moment on we will be envisioning him walking out of that hospital in time for the long weekend in May (if not sooner).

I cannot focus on any other outcome, and am now refusing to cross any other bridges until I absolutely have to. I'm not being unrealistic, just choosing to focus on what I want, and what I want is for Gary to live a long, healthy, abundant life. And I have NO doubt whatsoever that God wants him to live too (remember that verse in the Gospel: "of COURSE I want to heal him")

I don't know if this "secret" stuff works on behalf of another person, if my thoughts can empower another person's outcome, but I'm going to focus on that anyway, and pray that my voice and vision will be proxy for Gary's voice and vision right now...Gary walking out of that hospital in May and walking into his new full, healthy abundant life.

Has anyone else read/seen "The Secret"? Any changes in your life since then?

Edited by Eagle Heart (03/10/07 11:58 PM)

(Maya Angelou)

#104769 - 03/11/07 02:00 PM Re: Update on my Brother [Re: Eagle Heart]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
I have the DVD. If anyone can practice The Secret, it's you, my dear friend. I will be praying for both of you and will also visualize Gary walking out of the hospital.

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#104770 - 03/11/07 04:41 PM Re: Update on my Brother [Re: Dianne]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

THE SECRET is love. And you have plenty of that for everyone, Eagle.

We're staying by your side and Gary's.

#104771 - 03/11/07 05:19 PM Re: Update on my Brother [Re: jawjaw]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
You have been running into God-incidences, as Dotsie calls them, quite often Eagle. The Secret is also about opening your eyes to possibilites. As JJ said, you have plenty of love for everyone, and that means you get so much more back, too.

I have the dvd and have watched it quite often. Love yourself, love others and believe. It will return to you tenfold.

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#104772 - 03/12/07 11:19 PM Re: Update on my Brother [Re: Anno]
Eagle Heart Offline

I am SO excited...since starting this book, things are HAPPENING! Today, while he looks the same on the outside, in fact things are happening on the inside. His pneumonia is under control, his white blood count is rising, the doctors FINALLY identified the mystery infection and are administering anti-biotics to target that specific infection. He was breathing on his own most of the morning, he's opening his eyes more. They tend to sedate him more in the late afternoon/evening and put him back on the ventilator in order to not exhaust him, but he's doing very well. The doctors were excited - their words "he's not out of the woods yet, BUT..." This is one of the rare times that I love that word "but"!

So many people are shining into my life with vision and faith - it's amazing, and exciting and awesome. We're calling Gary our "miracle man" now, and have just finished putting together our vision board for his ICU cubicle tomorrow, full of pictures of him with the words "This is Gary, this is what we want, we want GARY".

Last night I had a very vivid dream of Jesus standing by Gary's bedside, whispering in his ear "Gary, I want you to live." His voice was so powerful and absolute that I woke up laughing with joy and was so excited I couldn't get back to sleep for an hour, I just had to keep saying "thank you, thank you" and visualizing the love pouring into Gary's being, flooding him with healing power and new life.

I can feel the power, and the hope and the celebration already going on in the depths of my being.

(Maya Angelou)

#104773 - 03/12/07 11:23 PM Re: Update on my Brother [Re: Eagle Heart]
Jane_Carroll Offline

Eagle,
What an awesome dream! I know it's no coincidence that all of these wonderful things are happening for you. Keep the celebration going!

#104774 - 03/20/07 09:49 PM Re: Update on my Brother [Re: Jane_Carroll]
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
yea let that life you very high at the minuet eagle...
i think at a level holding someone else in a positive energie feild for want of a better word definatlie dose work. You can sence atmopheres entering a room, well their just thoughts and the energie that being given off...

you do it to garie in a lovingly positive way holds and bathes him in that energie...if he's also doing it then its an inside and outside job, a two fold effect...The mind and thoughts are amazine powerfull living things. Use them to your advantige.

Page 12 of 20 < 1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 19 20 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved