The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 195 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 11 of 20 < 1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 19 20 >
Topic Options
#104755 - 03/06/07 02:25 AM Re: Update on my Brother [Re: Eagle Heart]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Eagle, reading those books is one way you are taking care of yourself. Whenever I'm in hospitals or traveling, I always have some type of devotional book with me. It helps trememdously to be able to read verses and God's promises exactly when we need to hear them. Do you have such a devotional?

#104756 - 03/06/07 08:59 PM Re: Update on my Brother [Re: Eagle Heart]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
Both the lady with the IV poles inspirational conversation with you and the funny moment about Gary, "kissing the cod", have both got to go into your next book, Eagle.

I wish I had your address.

#104757 - 03/07/07 12:15 AM Re: Update on my Brother [Re: gims]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Dotsie, I'm actually not sure I actually have a "devotional" book. I have several of those "thought per day" books, but they're just not providing much inspiration these days.

This morning I started rereading "Hind's Feet on High Places". It's a very old book that I read when I was a teenager. It's not quite as rich as Never Alone was for where I'm at right now, but I'm enjoying anyway. What would you suggest in the way of devotional books, Dotsie?

Mona, I can't even imagine writing another book right now - with 30+ boxes of "Eagle" still sitting in my basement and my children's book manuscript sitting on the publisher's desk (going on 8 months now) waiting for the illustrator to do something (can't go ahead without her), I'm so not interested in getting all caught up in that whole nightmare again. (Though I still love to write, I detest the whole administrative end of it).

Anyway, we'll see what comes out of this whole cancer thing. Once this is all over, I'll have to decide what to do with my time. Having been so busy all these months, I won't be able to go back to doing "nothing" again. So something new is bound to evolve out of all of this in terms of my future endeavors.

(Maya Angelou)

#104758 - 03/07/07 12:56 AM Re: Update on my Brother [Re: Eagle Heart]
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
eagle love i not much more to add that the other woman havn't added but i just want to tell you we haven't forgotton you and miss you popping up in the threads...hold you in praye as always

celtic

#104759 - 03/07/07 04:29 PM Re: Update on my Brother [Re: celtic_flame]
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Eagle, loved your post on Kissing the Cod. Gary has quite a sense of humor. Tell him we'll screech him in via internet one of these days when he's feeling better. Finding a Cod might be pretty hard these days, but the Screech is still around.
chick

#104760 - 03/08/07 12:48 AM Re: Update on my Brother [Re: chickadee]
Eagle Heart Offline

Chick, what really gets me is his Newfie accent - he's never even been to Newfoundland! But every so often, it's very distinct and unmistakable...and hilarious. Sometimes he sounds just like my Mom's brother, who Gary only met once about 10 years ago. This uncle was born and raised in St John's/Brigus Newfoundland, spent summers sailing with his uncle, Capt Bob Bartlett, and was a passionate Newfoundlander to the core of his being his entire life. So to hear Gary speak just like him - accent, wit and all -is baffling and delightful.

(Maya Angelou)

#104761 - 03/09/07 02:11 AM Re: Update on my Brother [Re: Eagle Heart]
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
its great that theirs humer in the little things...iv no idea about kissing the cod and screaching....over and above what i read in the post. I can imagine how your shock turned to hummer when you cought on to what he ment. I can appriate its funnie and must be a relife to see your brother in good spirits and make the day go quiker at the same time. Sometime hummier and joy so much underated in healing and i am all for it, saved my life and brightend many a day....long may you both laugh lol

celtic

#104762 - 03/09/07 02:57 AM Re: Update on my Brother [Re: celtic_flame]
Eagle Heart Offline

If anyone's sleepless and needs something to do tonight, could you spend a few minutes sending positive energy and prayers for Gary...he's in a great deal of pain and distress tonight. I really wanted to go and spend the night but am already utterly depleted right now, and can barely function. Hubby and I decided (after tearful prayer) that I'd be better to stay home and have a few hours of sleep, then go in very early tomorrow morning. I know he's in God's TLC, but I know that our positive energy and caring prayers will help too. So if you have time, could we make one of those extra-powerful prayer/care circles that ripples positive healing energy to Gary throughout the night tonight? Even if we do so from our beds (as I must do)...

Thank you my sisters...

(Maya Angelou)

#104763 - 03/09/07 03:04 AM Re: Update on my Brother [Re: Eagle Heart]
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Eagle, I will continue prayer until sleep comes to me. You get some rest and be fresh for the morning. Joining you in the circle, my friend.

chick

#104764 - 03/09/07 12:36 PM Re: Update on my Brother [Re: chickadee]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
My pleasure. Eagle, take care of yourself. Where is Gary's pain if you don't mind sharing?

Page 11 of 20 < 1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 19 20 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved