The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 191 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 10 of 20 < 1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 19 20 >
Topic Options
#104745 - 03/04/07 01:33 AM Re: Update on my Brother [Re: Eagle Heart]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
Oh, he must be an amazing man, Eagle. God must see that light. His strength and your strength are amazing. And your husband - I will remember him in my prayers too. Keep strong, keep love.

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#104746 - 03/04/07 03:28 AM Re: Update on my Brother [Re: Eagle Heart]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
Thanks for the update Eagle. Isn't humor just wonderful? It can keep us going and keep our spirits up through so many things.

Please remember to take care of yourself; are you feeling better lately? Any more dizzy spells?

#104747 - 03/04/07 06:07 PM Re: Update on my Brother [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
TVC15 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
You and your brother are amazing people Eagle!
I'm glad he's able to joke. I'm praying for you both to have many more smiles in the coming days!

#104748 - 03/04/07 06:34 PM Re: Update on my Brother [Re: TVC15]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Can I be #8? As much weight as I've gained, make that 8, 9 and parts of 10.

Eagle, I'm not a bit surprised to hear that your brother is a sweetheart. I'm also not surprised but am totally warmed by, your description of him. If that isn't the kettle calling the pot black, I don't know what is. You are both such wonderful, caring people.

I'm continuing to care about your both and love you from a distance.

JJ

#104749 - 03/04/07 11:02 PM Re: Update on my Brother [Re: jawjaw]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Eagle, thanks for the update. I'm so glad you are enjoying GIrzone's books. Never Alone is one of my favorites. I just gave it to a friend who lost a young daughter. I thought it might lift her up at this awful time in her life.

I'll be praying the blood counts go up for Gary. I recall how important that was from when Mom was sick. Are you getting any rest? What are you doing for yourself?

#104750 - 03/05/07 12:22 AM Re: Update on my Brother
Louisa Offline

Loc: MA
I'm 11. Hang in there, Eagle. You and Gary are both amazing. (Your husband too.)

#104751 - 03/05/07 02:11 PM Re: Update on my Brother [Re: Louisa]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Thanks all. Yesterday was such a low day for me. The weekend doctor wasn't very hopeful for Gary, and it pulled the rug out from under my feet. It took me HOURS to stop crying, and you won't believe who ended up helping me put that rug back under my feet. It was the woman in the room beside Gary's. Her name is also Sharon, and she's an amazing woman, on the healing side of her own brutal battle with cancer. She's making awesome advances in her recuperation.

Anyway, she caught me out in the hallway trying to compose myself, took my arm (pushing her pole full of dripping blood and other assorted IV's in her other hand) and took me for a long walk around and around the floor. We found a quiet niche with some comfy chairs in a secluded part of the hallway and talked for about an hour. She was so strong and assured me that there's more to the human spirit than the doctors can ever imagine. It ain't over, she said. Gary's got a lot of fight and commitment left in him. So she told me that I had to take that rug and put it back under my own feet and walk with faith that Gary WILL pull through, because it's the only way we can tolerate the daily trudge through this hell - the belief that there IS a light at the end of the tunnel and we're getting there one step, one setback, one blood transfusion, one day at a time.

Put that together with my overwhelming sense of being lifted up here at BWS, and I was able to find my solid ground again.

Dotsie, I finished Never Alone yesterday, and only have a few pages of Joshua left. Will re-start Never Alone later today, it was such a perfect companion over these past weeks.

As far as taking care of myself, there just isn't much time or opportunity right now. Gary's totally incapacitated right now, can't even reach for a spoon or glass of water off his tray. So I'm there 8-10 hours every day now, though I do get up and walk around, chat with other patients' caregivers, do some Tai Chi exercises, pray A LOT (and not just for Gary, for others that God brings to my mind as well; and I often just spend time with Him not even saying anything at all, just resting my spirit in His Presence), chat with the nurses, etc. Hubby takes amazingly good care of me, making sure I eat, and snuggling me well when I get home and finally nestle into him in bed at night. So it's a rough course, but lots of little lights and love along the way. This too shall pass. Short term pain for long term gain. And God knows the way through, so I'm in good hands and great company. And with all of the prayers lifting me/us up, I do feel well-wrapped in love. And that makes all the difference.

(Maya Angelou)

#104752 - 03/05/07 02:31 PM Re: Update on my Brother [Re: Eagle Heart]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
We miss and love you and I will be adding my prayers as well.

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#104753 - 03/05/07 09:51 PM Re: Update on my Brother [Re: Dianne]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
Sounds like, once again, the exact right person was there for you Eagle. I admire the way you reach out to others. Your conversations and quite time with God seem to be an amazing comfort to you also.

Keep focused on whatever good you can find - and it sounds like you do. Peace be with you.

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#104754 - 03/06/07 12:43 AM Re: Update on my Brother [Re: Anno]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Chick, You'll enjoy this one. You have to understand that my brother is fairly heavily drugged - morphine, narcotics, etc, to help alleviate the pain so he can rest. So he sleeps most of the time and when he's not asleep, he's very "discombobulated" (his word for it) and can't think straight.

Today the nurse came in to hang yet another bottle of medicine on his pump...she told him it was Albumen (a blood protein). Gary's eyes opened up wide and he said, "My God, am I kissing the cod now?"

My immediate reaction was fear, that it was a euphemism for "am I dying?" So he looked at me, and shrugged his shoulders and said, "Well, albumen IS a fish, isn't it?"

Then I realized he was talking about the Newfie "screeching" tradition - you kiss a cod and then get "screeched" (it's a Newfie drink, supposedly reserved only for those who have actually kissed a codfish).

Well, I howled with delight. So did the nurse. I'm telling you, though he's never even been to Newfoundland, his Newfie blood (humour) is "screeching" out in the most delightful way these days!!!

(Maya Angelou)

Page 10 of 20 < 1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 19 20 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved