The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 172 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 8 of 20 < 1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 19 20 >
Topic Options
#104725 - 02/17/07 03:18 PM Re: Update on my Brother [Re: Wisdom&Life]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
We're with you and your brother, eagle . . . in spirit. We're surrounding you with love and prayers and holding you close to our hearts. All the best,

Kathy

#104726 - 02/17/07 11:29 PM Re: Update on my Brother [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Well Cathi, you're right about the bouncing back and forth. Gary was in much better shape this morning than when I left him yesterday! We were both still very scared about the chemo though, because he was still so weak. But the doctor who had ordered the chemo had 'forgotten' to sign the order, so they couldn't go ahead with it until today's doctor okayed it. He had to sign before 2pm or it wouldn't go through. He finally saw my brother at 1:50! After some questioning and prodding, he decided that he would NOT order the chemo, but instead ordered two days worth of a medication that we've called Gary's "magic pill". It's a steroid that has worked wonders in the past. It boosts his appetite, energy and morale every time he takes it. So the doctor decided to put him on that for a few days until he could talk with the entire transplant team. His hope is to bypass this "interim" chemo and go directly to the stem-cell transplant procedure.

I was sitting there stunned at the good news (i.e., magic pill versus deadly chemo)...and then it hit me, this was the best answer to our prayers. It was no accident that yesterday's doctor "forgot" to sign the order! A beautiful warm peace flowed right through me and I knew, I just knew, that this was God's was of yet again assuring me that He was in on this whole journey (I love you, we're going to make it, I know the way).

What a boost of energy, power and peace that was! That's OUR prayers at work here. He's listening. We don't know what the outcome will be, but it's clear we're not walking this alone!

PS. I could use a fun game of cards right now.

Edited by Eagle Heart (02/17/07 11:31 PM)

(Maya Angelou)

#104727 - 02/17/07 11:43 PM Re: Update on my Brother [Re: Eagle Heart]
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
glade you shared the good news eagle, god-incidents (dotsies word) worked out for the best agin...

i would love to play cards or something with you at the minuet just for the fun of it, hopefully a wee support and destraction for you...

i know a lot of people heer are praying for you and your brother isen't it humbling to get some evidence that they are being listend too and answered. Long may it continue

love celtic

#104728 - 02/18/07 01:40 AM Re: Update on my Brother [Re: celtic_flame]
diamond50 Offline

Loc: Honolulu, Hawaii
Eagle, I will continue to hold you and your brother
up in prayer. It is hard with all the ups and
downs, for sure.

#104729 - 02/18/07 09:14 AM Re: Update on my Brother [Re: diamond50]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
Thanks for sharing the good news. As celtic stated, Long may it continue.

How are you doing these days? Is your health in better shape? Want to play a game of vitural cards?

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#104730 - 02/18/07 02:24 PM Re: Update on my Brother [Re: Anno]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Eagle, you belong in the Featured Author forum with that response. It's about giving thanks in all things. I'm tickled by your response to the news. I'm praying for that magic pill to build him up!

#104731 - 02/19/07 12:05 AM Re: Update on my Brother
Louisa Offline

Loc: MA
Great news, eagle!!

#104732 - 02/24/07 10:11 PM Re: Update on my Brother [Re: Louisa]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
Your story made my spine tingle. What an amazing story. I'm so happy for both of you.

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#104733 - 02/28/07 01:35 PM Re: Update on my Brother [Re: Dianne]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Very quick update. After a week of intense chemo every day last week, Gary finally had his stem cells "reinfused" (transplanted) yesterday afternoon. He's very weak. The next ten days are the most critical, since this is when he'll be most vulnerable to infections/complications. His blood counts will probably be down to zero today, and won't be expected to start rising again until 10 days from today. So he's in the most fragile condition of this entire cancer journey thus far.

I'm spending about 8 hours at the hospital with him, so life is hectic. Even when we're not at the hospital, we're running around doing errands for him, sending out email updates to everyone or filling out reams of paperwork for him, so we're 200% immersed into this cancer thing! It's such a brutal disease in every way imaginable.

Anyway, I do manage to get here to read posts almost every evening, but just don't have the energy or brain-power to post any responses. But I do keep everyone in my prayers and thoughts while sitting those long hours in the hospital. At least he's in an isolation room now, which has a lot more space (even his own fridge), a beautiful view and a really comfy chair for me (much easier on the old tailbone!)

My 6-year-old granddaughter went out on Sunday(with my hubby) and hand-picked a beautiful tea cup for me to use at the hospital, so I wouldn't have to use styrofoam cups all the time. So I make sure I steep myself a good hot cup of Earl Grey every morning at the hospital, and think of all my boomer sisters while sipping my tea.

Now if my granddaughter only knew how to play cards...

(Maya Angelou)

#104734 - 02/28/07 02:46 PM Re: Update on my Brother [Re: Eagle Heart]
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Eagle, I was trying to PM you this morning and I got the message, "can't search again at this time".

I was wondering how Gary was doing as we hadn't heard in awhile.We are keeping you in prayer.

Hopefully the next 10 days will go by quickly for both of you, without complications.

If I was closer, I'd be glad to beat you at cards.

chick

Page 8 of 20 < 1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 19 20 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved