The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 199 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 7 of 20 < 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 19 20 >
Topic Options
#104715 - 02/15/07 12:19 AM Re: Update on my Brother [Re: Princess Lenora]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
Eagle, I wish I had some words to comfort you. Just know, keep knowing, that our hearts are with you and you can rest with us. We love you, we care for you and your brother and empathize with you. You are not alone.
Love, Anno

#104716 - 02/15/07 12:28 AM Re: Update on my Brother [Re: Anno]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Well, I just got off the phone from my evening chat with my brother, and he's actually in fairly good spirits this evening. We even had a few chuckles. The doctors removed the oxygen, and took him off bedrest. He even managed to keep down some of his lunch (but couldn't eat any supper). (I had to leave the hospital before lunch because of the big snowstorm here.)

So after we hung up, I sent off my nightly update to my other two brothers. Just as I hit the 'send' button, Gary phoned back to tell me another joke. So that left both of us feeling much lighter as we said our good-nights.

Lynn, Chick and Anno, thanks for being here. Your words bring much gentle comfort and encouragement, just what my spirit needed tonight. I know your light and care will stay in my heart throughout the night and help carry me into a new day tomorrow. Thank you for being so patient with me in all of this...

Edited by Eagle Heart (02/15/07 12:31 AM)

#104717 - 02/15/07 01:30 AM Re: Update on my Brother [Re: Jane_Carroll]
Louisa Offline

Loc: MA
Eagle, Glad to hear Gary wanted to eat. That is amazing. The walking is a good sign too. Hopefully, his strength is coming back.

#104718 - 02/16/07 04:25 AM Re: Update on my Brother [Re: Louisa]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Prayers and love for you and Gary. Keep hanging in there, Eagle. We're all holding you in our hearts.

Poet and essayist

#104719 - 02/17/07 02:47 AM Re: Update on my Brother [Re: meredithbead]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Thanks Meredith. Gary has been declining with each passing day. He's pretty much stopped eating (they put a feeding tube in him today); he hurt his back when he fell the other day so can hardly move now, and he's clearly demoralized and scared by his own increasing weakness.

The doctors decided to go ahead with his new chemo regime, starting tomorrow. It's very risky given his level of weakness, but they're afraid he's not going to get any stronger, and without the chemo, he has no chance at all. So we're heading into a very precarious week. 6 gruelling days of intensive chemo. But they'll be monitoring him closely, and I'll be spending every possible moment with him to keep his spirits up as best as I can, so I can only pray with hope and faith that we will make it through to this time next week.

I need us to be held in your hearts, and I'm eternally grateful to know that you all do carry us in your loving care...you cannot begin to imagine how vital your support has been and continues to be. I don't have to be here on-site to feel it - your warm care surrounds me at the hospital, and your prayers lift my heart to a stronger place so I can be fully present to Gary and help lift him to a stronger place too. We are safe thus far because of God's grace radiating through each and every one of your prayers and thoughts...thank you. I carry you in my heart too...many long and quiet hours just sitting in an uncomfortable chair - lots of time to think and pray and send caring thoughts back to all of you. (Pamela, you are always especially close to my heart these days).

I won't be here much this week. Gary is so scared and feels terribly alone at night so I may decide to sleep at the hospital one or two nights. He seems to really need that companioning more than ever right now.

(Maya Angelou)

#104720 - 02/17/07 03:07 AM Re: Update on my Brother [Re: Eagle Heart]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
Eagle,I am so sorry to hear that Gary is back to no appetite and not doing so well. You are such a strong woman. Prayers for Gary continue.

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#104721 - 02/17/07 03:17 AM Re: Update on my Brother [Re: Anno]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Oh Eagle, I would give anything to be able to sit with you during some of your long hours in the hospital. Oh how I'd love to grab a cup of coffee and sit and chat. We could share books, stories and even pray together. Wouldn't that be awesome?

I am so grateful you can be there for your brother during this most difficult time for all of you. Please keep holding onto the fact that your boomer sisters are holding all of you in prayer. Please keep yourself rested. It helps.

#104722 - 02/17/07 12:33 PM Re: Update on my Brother
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
its been an up and down ride for you and your brother, I congradulate your stamina and your commitment eagle. I hope the tide turns for you both for the better soon.

rest and keep your own strenth up, rember to eat too...

celtic

#104723 - 02/17/07 01:25 PM Re: Update on my Brother [Re: celtic_flame]
Louisa Offline

Loc: MA
Eagle, I'm sorry to hear Gary has stopped eating and not doing as well. Good luck with the chemo. My prayers are with you and Gary this week.

#104724 - 02/17/07 02:07 PM Re: Update on my Brother [Re: Louisa]
Wisdom&Life Offline

Loc: Chesapeake, VA
Oh Eagle, so sorry to hear this. I pray that God give you the strength to be there for your brother. I really want to encourage you to get the rest you need.

I am so glad to see you haven't given up hope. People can bounce back and forth while battling cancer. I pray the next time you post Gary will be bouncing back, for good!

I want you to know you are loved Eagle. Like the others, I wish I could be there physically to cheer you up, play some cards, and yes pray together!

I love you alot girlfriend.

Cheers,
Cathi

Page 7 of 20 < 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 19 20 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved