The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 206 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 6 of 20 < 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 19 20 >
Topic Options
#104705 - 02/12/07 12:43 PM Re: Update on my Brother [Re: Jane_Carroll]
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Eagle, I was so glad to read this post. I wish there was some way they could have put the catheter back in, instead of waiting til Tuesday. Seems like too long to me.
Still holding all in prayer.

chick

#104706 - 02/12/07 12:49 PM Re: Update on my Brother [Re: chickadee]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Oh yes Eagle Heart! Hallelujah!
I feel genuine joy with you.

#104707 - 02/12/07 07:27 PM Re: Update on my Brother [Re: Edelweiss]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
Hooray for the good update! An appetite is always a good sign. And with Gary in the hospital again, I assume you are getting more rest, too.

#104708 - 02/12/07 10:22 PM Re: Update on my Brother [Re: Anno]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I don't know how I missed this post. Celebrating the bits of good news with you. I'm sure there's another update by now. I hope it's good news.

#104709 - 02/12/07 10:27 PM Re: Update on my Brother
Saundra Offline

Loc: Daytona Beach, Florida
Wow, an appetitie and energy! What good news. Eagle, are you sleeping?
www.gotteethguide.com for your Free Tips

#104710 - 02/12/07 10:55 PM Re: Update on my Brother [Re: Saundra]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Well, it's one of those "three steps forward, two steps back" things. He WAS feeling so much better the other day, but in the past two days has been wrestling with what appears to be a gastrointestinal bug. Most of us could handle it okay, but he's already so weak, that this is zapping him big-time. The doctor today was very concerned, but it being a holiday (but only a holiday in the hospital - we haven't yet figured that one out!!!), everything's in slow-motion. I'm really looking forward to tomorrow when the regular staff gets back and can investigate this further.

You know, I thought that his being in hospital would be a break for me too, but it's ending up being more tiresome. At least when I was living at his place, I was able to rest a lot more, because he napped a lot, and I could just lie on the couch and watch TV or get online and come here. But now I'm spending 3-4 hours with him every day, meaning hubby has to drive me back and forth - well, he doesn't HAVE to, but he insists on driving me, because it's too cold to wait for the bus! So it's probably harder on hubby than on me...and then that makes it harder on me, because I'd like to give hubby a break now and then.

Anyway, I'm okay. I can't sit here at home all day knowing he's lying there all alone, bored, anxious, feeling so unwell...I'd much rather be with him than here.

But all of us are looking forward to taking him home, though we have no idea when that will be now. Tomorrow they're putting a "piq-line" in. The nurses have been having a terrible time finding a vein to draw blood and give him IV's, so we're ALL looking forward to getting that piq-line in!!!

I'm sleeping well, better than at Gary's place. He lives right across the road from the Wal-Mart parking lot - and it's always very noisy there, especially at night with all the trucks beeping and unloading, not to mention the snow-plows at 2am! It's much quieter here at home, except when hubby snores. LOL. And hubby likes me being home more too. Especially on these long cold nights...

Chick, I wish they could have put the catheter back in too. He's already looking about 5 months pregnant again, and back to feeling very crappy again, though it's not clear if it's the fluid-retention or the suspected bug that's at play, or perhaps both.

Anyway, one day at a time. Hopefully, this too shall pass and we'll get back to the positive side.

(Maya Angelou)

#104711 - 02/12/07 11:29 PM Re: Update on my Brother [Re: Eagle Heart]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
I'm so sorry to hear this. You must be exhausted but what a wonderful sister you are!

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#104712 - 02/14/07 11:01 PM Re: Update on my Brother [Re: Dianne]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
I need an infusion of hope. The past couple of days have been so brutal, and my heart is so heavy with anxiety and helplessness. My brother's just encountering one regression after another. He's not able to eat at all now. This morning he fell in the bathroom, and was unconscious for a few moments, coming around just in time to hear the nurses debating about calling a code-blue. He drained over 12 litres of fluids from his stomach in less than 24 hours, and the last half-litre of was red...we don't know if it's a good thing that his catheter fell out just about the same time that they discovered the red.

It's so hard to watch him grapple with all of this. He's still alert, with a good sense of humour, but clearly scared from passing out, the blood and the inability to eat. They've put him on oxygen and a feeding tube, but have had to postpone the chemo for a day or two (the longer it's postponed, the more chance the cancer has to grow back).

Sigh. I know you're all praying, sending warm thoughts and all, and it means the world to me. I just don't know what to do with myself these days, I'm so disheartened and scared. I want to be a beacon of hope and light for my brother, but I myself am suffocating from the helplessness and fear. I can't seem to find my equilibrium. So I thought I'd come here and rest awhile and find some solid ground and hope to carry me through another day of this. I know I'm not alone.

(Maya Angelou)

#104713 - 02/15/07 12:04 AM Re: Update on my Brother [Re: Eagle Heart]
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Oh dear Eagle Sharon, I am so sorry to hear how your brother is suffering, and how hard it is for you. The cancer can not grow back in the short time between chemo treatments. Your brother's body needs time to rest between treatments, and so do you. Love and Light, Lynn

#104714 - 02/15/07 12:15 AM Re: Update on my Brother [Re: Princess Lenora]
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Eagle, i am going to spend the rest of my evening praying for your brother. Hang in there kid.
luv,
chick

Page 6 of 20 < 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 19 20 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved