The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 199 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 5 of 20 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 19 20 >
Topic Options
#104695 - 02/08/07 11:39 PM Re: Update on my Brother [Re: Eagle Heart]
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
Eagle, I am sorry to hear your brother is hospitalized. I hope both you and he can use this time to regain your strength and nenew your spirit.

I know this illness must have taken so much of your life's energy, but no matter the outcome, please know what a blessing it is that you are there, not only for your brother, but for all the rest of us who know of your enduring love and faith.

I hope you can find rest in the love and prayers surrounding you and your brother.

smile

#104696 - 02/09/07 12:29 AM Re: Update on my Brother [Re: smilinize]
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Eagle, I'm glad to see you back here in the forums. I continue my prayers for your brother and you. Get some rest and look after yourself.

chick

#104697 - 02/09/07 12:44 AM Re: Update on my Brother [Re: chickadee]
Saundra Offline

Loc: Daytona Beach, Florida
Eagle, I'm praying for you and your brother. No one could do more for him than you have been doing. You are a heroine! Please keep yourself strong and healthy. Take time to take care of you. I know that's hard now, but you must.
www.gotteethguide.com for your Free Tips

#104698 - 02/09/07 04:03 PM Re: Update on my Brother [Re: Saundra]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Eagle, thanks for the update. Bless you for finding the good within the sadness. You're an amazing woman of faith. You don't know the seeds you plant just by living and sharing your life with us.

Praying everyone gets their well deserved rest.

#104699 - 02/09/07 04:14 PM Re: Update on my Brother
gims Offline

Loc: USA
Quote:

Eagle, ...You're an amazing woman of faith. You don't know the seeds you plant just by living and sharing your life with us.

I second what Dotsie said, and

Would it be alright with you if I sent your brother a card? I can send it via any address you provide me.

More prayers coming your way.

#104700 - 02/09/07 04:52 PM Re: Update on my Brother [Re: gims]
TVC15 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
Eagle,
A stay in the hospital for Gary will provide you both with some much needed additional strength. I know the visiting hours can be grueling, but at least you can sleep peacefully for a few nights. As I know how hard those nights can be.
If they put Gary on IV you will be amazed at how fast he will pick up.
You certainly have the faith that you need and I'm sure you can muster up the strength for whatever is needed of you whenever you need it. Right now just concentrate on getting some much needed rest! And that's an order!
Hugs and prayers being sent your way.

#104701 - 02/10/07 12:13 AM Re: Update on my Brother [Re: TVC15]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
I spent the afternoon at the hospital with Gary. They had put a catheter in his stomach this morning and by noon had drained 6 liters of fluids (translates to about 4-6 pounds worth)! And there was still more fluid in there, but the catheter accidentally came out and they couldn't get him back in to see the ultrasound techs this afternoon to replace it. It's the Friday of a long weekend (bizarre, the long weekend is ONLY at the hospital, not a provincial or federal holiday!) Anyway, they're on minimal staffing all weekend, so he won't be able to get the catheter fixed until Tuesday. By supper time, his stomach was already bloated again. So that's a little frustrating to see that little bit of progress come to a screeching halt!

Mid-afternoon, I went to the vending machine to buy myself a bag of munchies. Gary started eating them too, and then said, with great surprise, "I'm hungry" - that's the first time in about five months he's felt hungry and actually enjoyed eating food.

They gave him a walker, and he did three full walks "around the block" this afternoon, then walked me to the door of the ward when I left this evening. That's the most exercise he's done at one time in months too.

So 1 day in hospital and we're already seeing amazing progress!!! Hallelujah!

(Maya Angelou)

#104702 - 02/10/07 02:16 AM Re: Update on my Brother [Re: Eagle Heart]
klmr13 Offline

Loc: Stars Hollow
Eagle - It was a joy to read your encouraging post. Yaaaaay, Gary!

It figures, doesn't it, that it's a long weekend, just when Gary needs that procedure.

At any rate, hope his appetite and his energy to exercise continue!

#104703 - 02/11/07 09:02 PM Re: Update on my Brother [Re: klmr13]
TVC15 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
Glad to hear the good news about Gary's appetite!

#104704 - 02/11/07 09:15 PM Re: Update on my Brother [Re: TVC15]
Jane_Carroll Offline

Loc: Alabama
Glad for the 'glimmer' of better...look forward to more!

Page 5 of 20 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 19 20 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved