The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 215 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 4 of 20 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 19 20 >
Topic Options
#104685 - 01/31/07 07:51 PM Re: Update on my Brother [Re: Eagle Heart]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
Hi, Eagle: I have not posted much in this thread but rest assured that I continue to have you and your brother in prayer. I am glad that Gary is holding up well to his treatments. Please keep well yourself. God bless.

#104686 - 02/01/07 02:16 PM Re: Update on my Brother [Re: Lola]
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
Eagle,
Just wanted to chime in with all the others who are praying for you and your brother.

Love and prayers coming your way.

smile

#104687 - 02/01/07 07:30 PM Re: Update on my Brother [Re: smilinize]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
Thank you for the update, Eagle. It is odd that the dizzy spells happen only at your brother's house.

Love continues to be sent in your direction.

#104688 - 02/01/07 07:40 PM Re: Update on my Brother [Re: Anno]
Jane_Carroll Offline

Loc: Alabama
Eagle,
So glad both of you are feeling better!

#104689 - 02/02/07 02:14 AM Re: Update on my Brother [Re: Jane_Carroll]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Eagle, while reading your post I thought of the song from the 70s - Lean On Me. Here are the lyrics:

Sometimes in our lives we all have pain
We all have sorrow
But if we are wise
We know that there's always tomorrow

Lean on me, when you're not strong
And I'll be your friend
I'll help you carry on
For it won't be long
'Til I'm gonna need
Somebody to lean on

Please swallow your pride
If I have things you need to borrow
For no one can fill those of your needs
That you don't let show

Lean on me, when you're not strong
And I'll be your friend
I'll help you carry on
For it won't be long
'Til I'm gonna need
Somebody to lean on

If there is a load you have to bear
That you can't carry
I'm right up the road
I'll share your load
If you just call me

So just call on me brother, when you need a hand
We all need somebody to lean on
I just might have a problem that you'd understand
We all need somebody to lean on

Lean on me when you're not strong
And I'll be your friend
I'll help you carry on
For it won't be long
Till I'm gonna need
Somebody to lean on

Lean on me...

Sung by Bill Withers

#104690 - 02/02/07 04:14 AM Re: Update on my Brother
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Dotsie, that brought tears to my eyes and profound gratitude to my heart. Thank you.

Tonight my brother had his CAT scan scheduled for 10:20pm. We had to go early to replace his hospital card, which only took a few minutes to do (we had allowed enough time for any admission line-ups, traffic, etc). So we meandered over to the waiting room for the CAT scan, about 30 minutes early. The CAT technician recognized my brother and greeted him like an old friend, then took him right into the CAT room and gave him the scan right away - we were out of there in less than 10 minutes!

So I've been feeling such gratitude for all the people God is placing in our lives to make this journey easier...all the people He's given to us to lean against when we're not strong, when we need help to carry on, when we just need a kind smile and a sign of recognition that we're on a tough road but we don't walk it alone - others do care and walk with us in whatever capacity they're able to, either through prayer and inspirational notes, or kind smiles, quick CAT scans and funny jokes (thanks Chatty!)...our lives are full of those people and those smiles and signs. You all make this journey an amazing adventure in trust and leaning against the awesome bounty of God's love shining through the caring kindness of others.

Like I've said before, I detest this cancer, but since there's no other way but to plow through it, I'm grateful for being a part of this journey, and for all that I'm being taught along this way.

Edited by Eagle Heart (02/02/07 04:22 AM)

(Maya Angelou)

#104691 - 02/03/07 08:03 PM Re: Update on my Brother [Re: Eagle Heart]
Mountain Ash Offline

These people who show kindness like the technicial make the world go round. I do so hope all turns round for the best for you all.
Mountain ash

#104692 - 02/08/07 08:10 PM Re: Update on my Brother [Re: Mountain Ash]
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Hi Eagle, I haven't been here on BWS much in the last month. But I wanted to check right away on an update about your brother and your journey with him through cancer. They sure schedule CT scans late in Canada! 10 PM? Anyway, I'm glad to hear that you two are encountering angels along the way. L, L

#104693 - 02/08/07 09:32 PM Re: Update on my Brother [Re: Princess Lenora]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Eagle, a week has passed. Any news?

#104694 - 02/08/07 10:57 PM Re: Update on my Brother
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Well, I just got home after a 9-hour day at the hospital. My brother had his post-CAT scan appointment at 8am, and he was so weak that they decided to admit him. The scans showed that the lymph nodes have shrunk a little bit, but not enough. They also showed an inordinate amount of fluid in the lungs and stomach, so they want to investigate and fix that. But the main reason for hospitalizing him is to try and bolster his strength so he can withstand another chemo and the stem-cell transplant. The doctors all think he's far too weak to risk it right now, so they're going to do everything they can to boost him up in preparation for the transplant.

I had a lot of input and say in the decision - I guess my exhaustion and concern was evident, because there was no hesitation when I suggested that they admit him for a few days...and I strongly suspect that I was part of the equation. They know it will be a much-needed break for me, as well as a much-needed rest/booster time for my brother.

The system moves very fast when you're finally right into the thick of it...I couldn't believe how fast a bed became available for him - even the team was flabbergasted - when they left to make the arrangements, they gave little hope of getting a bed today - so I said a fervent little prayer - 20 minutes later they came back, amazed, saying they'd have a free bed before 11am!!! Praise God! He might not be healing my brother's cancer as quickly as I'd like, but He's sure filling our lives with angels and proof that He's with us every step of this journey.

Anyway, that's the latest. The news was rather sad today, because for the first time in six months, the doctor admitted that my brother may not survive this. That was brutal, but I think that both Gary and I have already faced that possibility, but will resolutely keep going until there's nowhere else to go.

Thank you for your continued prayers. Please don't stop. This ain't over, yet, nothing is impossible for God. If it's His will that my brother live, there ain't nothing that can stand in His way. And if there's some higher purpose involved in allowing my brother to not make it through this, then we all need courage and faith to make it through as far as we can, as best as we can.

Edited by Eagle Heart (02/08/07 11:00 PM)

(Maya Angelou)

Page 4 of 20 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 19 20 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved