The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 177 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 7 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Topic Options
#104382 - 01/30/07 07:14 PM Re: Holy cow... outlandish thing... [Re: Dee]
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
DEEEE your an air vetrain how brave or darring is that ladie. The first time i did read the end bit about you i did get excited!!!
celtic_flame

#104383 - 01/30/07 07:19 PM Re: Holy cow... outlandish thing... [Re: celtic_flame]
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
opps this not outlandish but it one of the one's that still makes me blush couse i embarrised him so much....

my dad was at a family wedding me and a cuson or mate was beside him chatting, got the end of his kilt and tucked it into his underwaire,(yes he not a true scot) wondered off and forgot about it.....hours later he noticed....he was cross and didn't know who had done it and i didn't tell him for years....i am almost forgiven now....

come on ladies i know you all got more to say for yourselfs on this topic, don't be shy. but don't get fired either

celtic_flame

#104384 - 01/30/07 08:24 PM Re: Holy cow... outlandish thing... [Re: celtic_flame]
bonnierae Offline

I don't know if outlandish is the right definition for this but dumb,dumb sure is.

I was out in JacksonHole,WY visiting my parents and brother.During tourist season they have a mock bank robbery and shootout. Dumb bell here was going to get some supper for my dad,mom and myself. I was in the commons area and all the little souviner shops were open. I was watching a glass blower and then this beautiful Japanese woman walked by wth the most beautiful etnic red outfit on. Snoopy had to get close enough to her to really check this out.
I still swear I was not drunk or high, but I never say the post coming for me. I know some sneak moved it in my path.
I walked smack dab, head first into the pole.

I hit it so hard I thought I had fractured my thick skull. I was somewhat dazed when this woman behind me started screaming. My God,My GOD,someone help her.
I kept thinking that stupid woman had best shut up or I would reach out and touch her.
Then I looked down because my hands were wet. They were full of blood and I realized it was running down my face. I rather loudly told the woman to leave me alone and I would go wash up in the bathroom.
I couldn't get the bleeding to stop so figured I better get back to my brother's flower shop. I went out the alley way as I was really feeling like a twit by this time.

As I walked out the back door one of the men in the mock shootout had raised and shot in my direction. He had not seen me and then all he saw was this lunatic woma covered in blood.
He thought he had shot me . He said later he thought someone had put real bullets in his gun.
He hollered for his friend a nd the mock gun fire was over. The poor guys were so shook up they kept waving the stupid guns around instead of putting them away.
Then one tried to carry me and I kept yelling at him to let me walk as I was perfectly capable of doing so.

When I got to the shop my mother took one look and called her DR.
When I heard her say, No, DR Butcher, my daughter doesn't drink, I thought that is it, just let me on a plane so I can go home
The name really did it for me. Dr. Butcher put 10 stitches across my eyebrow

Bonnierae

#104385 - 01/30/07 08:32 PM Re: Holy cow... outlandish thing... [Re: bonnierae]
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Wow, Bonnie. You would have given me a scare too, if I shot a gun then saw you bleeding in front of me.

I did two things that I wouldn't normally do, but did because my dad said I couldn't or that I wouldn't last.

The first was I joined the Marines. He said I couldn't join. I waited until I was 18, then he said I wouldn't make it through boot camp. I did.

The second was I married my first husband. He said it wouldn't last six months. It did. Nearly 10 years. But, we did end up getting divorced.

My dad had this habit of trying to predict/run my life. I definitely wasn't having any part of it. I guess I should be more careful though of the decisions I make in life based on what my dad says.
Your Writing Coach
Writing Coach Blog

#104386 - 01/30/07 09:07 PM Re: Holy cow... outlandish thing... [Re: Vicki M. Taylor]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
My sister (from OK) called while I was in the forums Friday. As I was speaking with her about her computer needs, my DH walked in all muddy from helping one of our neighbors pull her truck out of a mud hole (we've had so much rain here in the last few weeks, even those of us with "webbed feet" (those of use born and reared near the gulf) need tractors to stay above ground... Anyway, my DH is an IT Tech, so I handed the phone off to him. Within 30 minutes, we were both showered - him for the mud and me for the smell (J/K) - and were heading for OK. It's close to a 7 hour drive, so we had a lot of time to talk. I told him about this topic and we started revisiting our yesteryears. He reminded me of a trip similar to the one we were taking at the time, a spur of the moment trip.

In our early married years, but after our girls had been born, we borrowed a motorcycle, employed a babysitter, and headed to the lake approx. 60 miles from home. His mom and stepfather had a good sized boat, which they left in the water at the lake most of the time, during boating seasons. We did not take food, a change of clothes, or even a toothbrush. Once near the lake, he stopped and called his mom and ask permission to use the boat - NOT to take out on the lake, but to SLEEP ON. She gave us her blessings and we did just that - slept on it. It was one of the most uncomfortable nights I've ever had, while I was young and hard floors didn't bother me when sleeping on them. But, the night was a keeper!!!

#104387 - 01/31/07 03:51 AM Re: Holy cow... outlandish thing... [Re: gims]
Dee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Celtic...I flew a desk...not a plane so I didn't do anything heroic or brave.

Bonnierae...what a day you had...good grief...the doctor's name would have really freaked me out.

Vicki...I feel your pain. I'm proud of you, though, for what you did for your country. I think it takes real guts for a woman to join the Marines...it must have been even harder when you joined up.

Gimster...what a lovely sweet story. Isn't it wonderful to have memories like these? Maybe you can still find a boat (only take a couple of air mattresses next time).

#104388 - 01/31/07 09:34 AM Re: Holy cow... outlandish thing... [Re: Dee]
Poppie Offline

Loc: London
This one is very naughty!!! I was only sixteen.
I was in my first year of study for my jewellry at a trades and crafts centre.
We had a very snooty supevisor who was a bit of a jobs worth, who would come into our jewellry workshop nearly every day and make some banal comments about safety...bla bla! (He had very long nasal hair and big ears...and was a bit of a leer!) One thing he also used to do daily was to lift any chocolate that some of us gals would have sitting close to our workspace.
I finally had enough of him one day...so hatched a very yucky plot!
One the morning of one of his very tedious safety talks...which ate into our recreation time...he appeared in our section as per. I had chocolate sitting in front of me...in tantalizing gold wrappers..cute little squares of the stuff. He grabbed about four or five chunks...I protested as usual...then pretended to concede the battle and be generous..telling him that this particular chocolate was special and from my cousins in Canada...he munched through it all in no time.
We were then summoned to the rec roo for the safety talk.
I watched with my mates as he blethered on and on and on....labouring over silly points.
As time went on...he started to look a little pale....then a little uncomfortable.....then the colour rose in his cheeks quite rapidly.
He then abruptly excused himself...and ran in the direction of the gents!!!
Ha...I had been there before the safety talk and covered the loo bowl with cling film!!!!
We all raced down and listened outside the loo's.....first came releif....need I say anymore!!!! The choc was indeed nylax.
I know...it is soooo awful...but it did put an end to his letching...and I was a high spirited teenager!!
He never came into our section again.

Popea
''Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love

#104389 - 01/31/07 02:20 PM Re: Holy cow... outlandish thing... [Re: Poppie]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
Oh, Po, you little Brat!! But he needed a lesson I guess. That reminds me of the scene in the movie "Wedding Crashers" where they put something in the guy's wine to make him run to the bathroom and be sick all the time.

#104390 - 01/31/07 09:33 PM Re: Holy cow... outlandish thing... [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
Dee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Popea...you were naughty.

Page 7 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved