The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 98 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#10390 - 06/07/04 05:36 AM Re: Cat being exiled for allergies
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
Well, it was a difficult choice, but neither husband or cat went outside. It not only rained, we had tornadoes and hail. So guess who was scared and had to snuggle up with the cat and the husband when the thunder happened?
After the storm we moved the cat to the garage, but a stray cat broke in and beat him up. Poor guy. He had to come in til he recovered. We put him out again, but he cried. Now he only comes in when we need to smell urine on the carpet or if we need to sneeze which is actually pretty often. We're taking allergy meds and looking for wood flooring. Damned cat!!
smile

#10391 - 06/07/04 08:20 AM Re: Cat being exiled for allergies
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Strange, cats are some of the cleanest animals around and hate to not use their box or pan or whatever. How old is Phatt? Maybe he's heard the complaints against him and he is upset and afraid. I wouldn't say this or stick my nose in but you did ask. Perhaps this poor cat needs to be put away, its obvious he's in the way and unloved now that he's old and incongruous. I wonder why your husbnds alergys didn't bother him before all the years he owned this cat, or what he did about it before. It seems that the new flooring means more than the cats life. I only wish I were closer I would take him in and he would live out his natural life in comfort, loved, and with no stress or danger. I have all tile floors purposely and small throw rugs that I wash often. Yes, I am an animal lover and respect their rights and understand there failings....I could no easier unlove an old animal than I could an old person. I hoped this situation works out for everyone, especially Phatt the cat. We are their guardians after all....

#10392 - 06/07/04 05:32 PM Re: Cat being exiled for allergies
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
Cats in general are probably clean, but you can see Phatt's dander in the air and his hair is everywhere, not to mention the stains on the carpet. It will cost thousands to replace the flooring and the allergists say get the air ducts cleaned of hair and dander. The vet says Phatt has a bladder stone that causes incontinence and he is too old for surgery. He's probably in pain.
My husband rescued him less than a year ago after he had been evicted from several homes. We didn't know the source of our allergies until recently and I never had allergies til the cat arrived.
It may sound cruel, but we have to do something with this cat. We just keep feeling sorry for him and avoiding it.
smile

#10393 - 06/08/04 03:14 AM Re: Cat being exiled for allergies
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Smile you know my feelings about animals in general and I back up my feelings with my actions as a care giver for sick, abused and homeless animals so its not just talk with me. I think you have done all you can in this situation and since the cat can't be taken to Best Friends etc. and is undoubtedly in pain. Its time to put him to sleep, painlessly and quietly. I'm sure he would thank you for removing him from his wordly, old pained body. Please, think of him now and let him go. Its the kind thing to do for all involved. Do it now...

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved