The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 167 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#103264 - 01/16/07 01:18 AM Re: First Post [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
Jane_Carroll Offline

Loc: Alabama
Hi Pam and welcome! I've only ever lived in Alabama but I did live on the Gulf Coast for 4 years...I love costal living!

My girls are grown, 27 and 26. I left nursing a couple of years ago to reinvent myself as a writer...it's a lot of fun!

Kathy,
Sounds like the Junior Mints were good for your family!

#103265 - 01/16/07 01:18 AM Re: First Post [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
pawm Offline
stranger

Loc: California
Wow! Meredith and I belonged to the same poetry group. We used to meet in Orange County and share poetry. I stumbled across her name and web site today and we had a short reunion -- she's an awesome person. Do you live in the OC too?

BTW, 1958 must have been a good year! Some might say I'm biased but... and are you facing the same 15-year joys and challenges that I am? Sometimes, it makes me speechless!

And about those Junior Mints -- they're good for you only if they're chasers after chocolate chip cookies... at least that's my professional opinion.

Great to meet you June!

Pam

#103266 - 01/16/07 01:24 AM Re: First Post [Re: pawm]
pawm Offline
stranger

Hi Jane,

Alabama is an awesome place too. I went to school there long time ago. Thank you for the warm welcome.

How was the career move? Are you enjoying writing more than nursing? I admire your leap and I hope that you have landed safely in the world of writing.

It's great meeting you!

Pam

#103267 - 01/16/07 03:35 AM Re: First Post [Re: pawm]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
Hey Pam, my name is actually Kathy. I know, I know, it's confusing. But Rick and June are characters in my baby boomer book "June is Hot" and I was promoting them when I signed up as a member here nearly a year ago.

Yes, 15 year olds are fun. I'm actually home schooling my son which means less stress for both of us. He hated being at the bus stop at 6:00am and I hated trying to get him to do his homework everynight. Now, he just works during the day on his school work and it seems to be going well overall. (with the exception of geometry - we both hate geometry!)

I'm in Wrightwood. Have you heard of Mountain High Ski Area? I'm a few miles away from that resort. About an hour and a half from the OC. Hey, want to have dinner with Meredith and I on Saturday? We don't know where we're meeting yet - we'll both be in LA at the Gift Show.

Talk to you later!
Kathy
aka June

#103268 - 01/16/07 06:03 AM Re: First Post [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
pawm Offline
stranger

Hi Kathy,

Thanks for helping me get the name straight. Sometimes your eyes whiz right by the important info -- i.e. your name -- and you don't see it. Pardon me for that.

To meet you and Meredith for dinner would be nice but it depends where and when. My Saturday is kind of full but I may have a few hours to at least sit and chat for a bit. Please let me know the details and I will try and make it.

Thanks for the invite.

I have heard of the Mountain High Ski Area. It is in the Big Bear area -- correct? You'll be coming a good way to get to LA. However, it should be a nice trip as long as there isn't a lot of ice and snow on the road. It is also beautiful up there -- hopefully a lot of natural inspiration.

I'll listen out for you concerning the details for Saturday and I'll let you and Meredith know if I can make it.

warm regards,

Pam

#103269 - 01/16/07 06:51 AM Re: First Post [Re: pawm]
chickadee Offline

Welcome Pam, glad you found the site. I haven't meet any of my boomer friends yet.I sure hope you get to meet with the girls, if it's only for a few minutes. See you around the boards.

chick

#103270 - 01/16/07 10:17 AM Re: First Post [Re: chickadee]
Poppie Offline

Loc: London
Hi Pawm....glad you have joined us....you will be hooked in no time now you have posted. I was shy to begin with(still am realy!!)...but once I started, it got easier and I became more adventurious.
I sing all the time and have sang in local jazz bands and set up womens choirs.....we had a hoot. I hope to start another this year when I get the time!! The lasses here are a grand bunch so you will find your feet in no time. Look forward to getting to know more about your music and writing.

Popea
''Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love

#103271 - 01/16/07 02:30 PM Re: First Post [Re: Poppie]
Jane_Carroll Offline

Pam,

Yes, I love writing! Where did you go to school in AL? I'm a 1954...so our paths probably didn't cross...I tried several colleges before graduating from UAB in nursing.

#103272 - 01/16/07 02:39 PM Re: First Post [Re: Jane_Carroll]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Hey Pam, another 1958 boomer. How about that? Welcome to the neighborhood. It's great having you here already.

I have a son who is great at Photo Shhop. He's a film major so he totally understand how to do anything and everything with those editing systems. He's created some very funny photos of us by distorting faces and bodies. What fun for you to take time to photograph kids and food!

As far as nutrition goes, do you know any good foods for people with Alzheimers?

Ladies, please do not tell where you are meeting in the forums. Please do that by email. Thanks.

#103273 - 01/16/07 02:50 PM Re: First Post
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
You 1958 girls are still wet behind the ears!

I'm glad you started posting and welcome! I just got a Nikon D80 so maybe you can help me with it! I'm clueless.

Boomer Queen of Shoes

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved