The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 157 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#102756 - 01/16/07 03:06 PM Re: Heather [Re: Dianne]
TVC15 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
I agree with Dianne, Heather's spirit is amazing. I don't think I'd be as generous with my prayers.

#102757 - 01/17/07 07:03 PM Re: Heather [Re: TVC15]
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
heathers got a great soul to be praying for this chap already, i glade to hear she got a fighting spirite. A real insperasion

celtic_flame

#102759 - 01/17/07 08:03 PM Re: Heather [Re: ]
Poppie Offline

Loc: London
JJ..how awful for all concerned!! Heather sounds like a fighter and all our thoughts and prayers will be with her..as Hannalore said once 'the power of forum prayer'.

Popea

Edited by Popea (01/17/07 08:03 PM)
''Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love

#102760 - 01/17/07 08:34 PM Re: Heather [Re: Poppie]
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
JJ, Any news of Heather's surgery?
I hope she becomes a walking miracle of beauty. A billboard proclaiming God's glory.
What a horrible thing. What is happening to our world? And to the people in it?

smile

#102761 - 01/19/07 01:05 PM Re: Heather [Re: smilinize]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Yes, I'd love an update too.

#102762 - 01/19/07 03:09 PM Re: Heather
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Actually TODAY (Friday) begins the string of surgeries. They are going to build her a jaw/chin, and reattach her tongue. They are also going to reset her eyes. I've never heard of that but my sister explained it in detail. I won't go into the particulars right now. Heather doesn't have any bone left to allow her to have teeth, or dentures, I should say, so I don't know what they are going to do to enable her to have some, even implants, but the good news is that she works for a dentist, MY DENTIST, and he is the best in the world, so I'm sure they will work it out somehow. He is also a surgeon for some things so I know she is in capable hands.

I would appreciate more prayers today for Heather as she goes through all of this. I thank you in advance for giving of your time and self to her.

My sister and I are talking about hosting some kind of benefit for her since she will be out of work for about a year. Her benefits and the money that's been raised so far will see her through about six months worth, plus what Doc (the dentist) is paying (you wouldn't believe it! He is wonderful)....but there's still more therapy, time off work, etc...anyway, I'll let you know if we come up with something AND what it is...

#102763 - 01/19/07 03:27 PM Re: Heather [Re: jawjaw]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
You better believe I will be praying for her.

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#102764 - 01/19/07 04:38 PM Re: Heather [Re: Dianne]
TVC15 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
Thanks for the update JJ.
I'll be praying along with you.
That is such a nice idea about the benefit. You and your sister are angels to do that !
I still can't get over the amount of damage she has lived through. God bless her!

#102765 - 01/19/07 04:56 PM Re: Heather [Re: TVC15]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
JJ, does Heather have a family that can take care of her? What a wonderful idea to organize a benefit. Maybe even an on-line fundrasing page would be good. The poor thing will need every support in every way. She's in my prayers as well.

#102766 - 01/19/07 10:18 PM Re: Heather [Re: Edelweiss]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
Thanks for the update. How is Heather doing, emotionally? And the rest of her family and friends? And how are you doing?
While I know it is really to early to know, but I just want you to know that we are all here for all of you way beyond the physical part of the story.

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved