The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 147 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#101795 - 01/06/07 12:41 AM Re: toilet woes [Re: jawjaw]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
In Mexico, you are not suppose to flush the toilet paper in the toilet. Can't get Dennis to understand this, so he managed to plug the toilet. Tried to flush and flush and finally the dang thing started to overflow. I called the receptionist and she said she would report it right away.

Pretty soon the room was covered in water as we scrambled around to pick all of our stuff off the floor (it was a hotel and we tend toward sloppiness in hotels). Then we we moved out to balcony. We hung around there waiting for someone to come, and pretty soon the water was sloshing around our feet. I hadn't even brushed my teeth yet!

We swam through the water, over the threshold, which was raised, by the way, so the water did not flow into the hall, and down to the lobby. I reported it again and she just nodded at me. We walked out to the pool, and looked up at our room and water was POURING out of a pipe into the pool.

There were lots of people working around the pool, and of course, there were vacationers scrambling to put their towels on their favorite chairs for the day, and everyone was staring at the waterfall. No one did much of anything but stare.

We finally left, unbrushed teeth and all, and went out for breakfast. We returned a few hours later, and voila! it was all just one more toilet nightmare to remember.

#101796 - 01/06/07 01:08 AM Re: toilet woes [Re: jawjaw]
Pam R. Offline

This is an education for me and just at the right time! We have 2 1/2 bathrooms in our house and have decided it is time to update them. We have begun getting estimates (which is a chore in itself to get these guys to come!!) but we are presently looking at the new pieces we want. Guess you just talked me out of the no-flush toilets. After spending all the money they are talking about I want to at least be able to flush!!! Thanks Meredith, and feel better too!

#101797 - 01/06/07 01:10 AM Re: toilet woes [Re: Anno]
Sadie Offline

Loc: MD
Anno,
That is a funny story is this true ? For if so it would make a nice short story . I love it and made me laugh . I get upset when the toliet does that and can't find the turn off . I call it the stupid toilet Haaa..... Gave me a good laugh today. Even funnier when they flush by themselves as they did in my house the one upstairs , that was spooky , my haunted toilet .

Edited by Renee (01/06/07 01:14 AM)

#101798 - 01/06/07 01:46 PM Re: toilet woes [Re: Sadie]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
Anno, that is so funny! I'm sure you didn't think so at the time.

In France, they have these toilets where the seat moves in a circle before you sit, to sanitize it. Too cool.

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#101799 - 01/06/07 01:55 PM Re: toilet woes [Re: Dianne]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
Yes, it is true and actually I had a minor tantrum for a bit and then went on my way. It was the fuzzy teeth that was bothering me most.

Oh, the toilet stories I could tell. Jamacia, China, Guatemala, can't forget the one in Ecuador . . . another time, tho.

#101800 - 01/06/07 03:15 PM Re: toilet woes [Re: Anno]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Anno, are you saying the the OVERFLOW from the toliet was going out a pipe directly INTO the pool that people were swimming in? Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww....

#101801 - 01/07/07 10:23 PM Re: toilet woes [Re: jawjaw]
Saundra Offline

Loc: Daytona Beach, Florida
I know it's not funny when it's happening, but I sure got a laugh from your toilet stories.

Meredith, not only do you look like my cousin, Ida, she had a hip replacement years ago and still has pain from it. So sorry to learn you're suffering.
www.gotteethguide.com for your Free Tips

#101802 - 01/09/07 07:15 AM Re: toilet woes [Re: Saundra]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Saundra, I listed family names in another post. And the oddest coincidence to this is -- I look most like my paternal grandmother who was named -- you guessed it -- IDA Barr. She came from Odessa ~1915. I have her original old tintype sepia wedding picture from 1916!

Poet and essayist

#101803 - 01/09/07 02:10 PM Re: toilet woes [Re: meredithbead]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
Ohhhh, dodedoodoo, dodedoodoo.... this is like the Twilight Zone!!

I bet you all are related, somewhere down that ol' family tree - it has lots of branches!

#101804 - 01/09/07 02:56 PM Re: toilet woes [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
TVC15 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
Sorry about all your trouble Meredith but the toilet stories had me laughing too.
We are looking into getting new toilets here also so I appreciate the warning on the low flush bowls.
Hope you hip heals soon Meredith.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved