The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 134 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#101466 - 01/12/07 06:49 PM Re: Cute Pet Idea [Re: Vicki M. Taylor]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
My beagle is pretty spoiled. He has me trained so that when he gives a little woof by the pantry door I'll usually go get him a treat.

He doesn't sleep on the bed with us, but he does have three different beds all over the house. And even with those, he would rather have you throw some old blankets on the floor that he can scooch around to make a cozy bed.

Luke even has play dates with our neighbor's dog Biscuits. Sometimes Rocco goes over and plays too. Luke gets so excited when I say "Wanna go play with Biscuits?" It's almost as good as "Wanna go for a walk?"

My dog is also psychic, or else is so tuned in to me that he knows I'm going for a walk before I even know! I think he pays such close attention to my habits, that when I put shoes and a sweater on early in the morning, he's pretty certain I'm going out and I'd better bring him along!

How about your pets?

#101468 - 01/13/07 10:11 PM Re: Cute Pet Idea [Re: ]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
Our dog sleeps with us under the covers but they were bred to be bed warmers years ago. Really radiates body heat. We now have a queen size bed so the hub usually gets rooted out of bed and sleeps on the sofa.

Italian Greyhounds cannot stand cold weather so I've trained her to go on pee pads that are in our closet. When I buy them at PetSmart, the clerk always asks me how old my puppy is. Eight Years! She must have a bladder the size of a peanut and pees a lot and if it wasn't for the pee pads, I'd have to go down 10 stories and take her out. Not my cup of tea.

She does have quite a few cute coats and a Harley Davidson T-Shirt that says, "Hog Dog" on the back. I bought her leg warmers and she kept them on for about three seconds.

So Vicki, what do you put on your critters?

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#101469 - 01/14/07 03:04 AM Re: Cute Pet Idea [Re: Dianne]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
You'd all get a laugh. I have a Queen size bed and my two little girls (Yorkies) sleep with me. The only problem thats ever arisen was when one or more of my house guests (rescued dogs) wanted in on that too. So there I was with my two and a huge over 100 pound Great Dane all together in my bed. Actually it went pretty well. Another time it was me, my two, and a family of 5 minature sized poodles. Oh and a cranky tabby female cat. One thing about this place, never dull moment...

Edited by chatty lady (01/14/07 03:07 AM)

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#101470 - 01/14/07 03:36 AM Re: Cute Pet Idea [Re: chatty lady]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

It's 12 degrees outside right now and our neighbors behind us haven't been home all day. Their black lab was trying to knock the door down to get into the house, so I went over and brought him home. My, he's an energetic guy! He's finally starting to settle down.

Not sure where the owners are; left them a note. They seem like responsible pet owners so I hope nothing happened to them. And I'm hoping they don't let this dog sleep with them in bed, because he's sure not crawling in with me!!

#101471 - 01/14/07 03:10 PM Re: Cute Pet Idea [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Jack sleeps with me until he gets too hot then he lays down on the tile in the bathroom. In the mornings, he waits until my husband gets up and then he hops up on his side of the bed and lays on hubby's pillow. That's our snuggle time.

Jack is really fuzzy and long haired, so he looks funny in doggy clothes. When he was younger, we let him wear a Tampa Bay Buc's t-shirt before he got his full coat.

Jack is super spoiled. Whenever I'm making a salad he gets to have tomatoes. When I'm making peanut butter and celery he gets celery then gets to lick out the peanut butter from the cup. He loves broccoli and baby carrots so we keep extra in the refrigerator for him. Whenever he can, he'll take one of us to the refrigerator and stand there until we open it and get him a carrot.

He has his own website http://www.dogster.com/dogs/420968 and loves to ham it up for the camera.

The only thing I can't get him to do is wear something on his head. He refuses. So, no cute hats.

Now, Bailey, he's spoiled too. I'm the one he's bonded to, (probably because I'm the one that's home all day) and he misses me if I'm not around. I give him treats of sunflower seed kernels on occasion and sometimes put them in a pinata for him to find. He doesn't like my husband and will only tolerate him if I'm in the room too. He loves to tease Jack by tossing out pieces of food from his dish to the floor so Jack will come over and eat them. Then he pecks at Jack through his cage. He's not afraid of anything except hands. We have our moments and special night time rituals. He gets only filtered water. Good thing we have a water filter for our house. When I take him to be boarded we bring our own water.

They're my babies. I love to spoil them.
Your Writing Coach
Writing Coach Blog

#101472 - 01/14/07 04:02 PM Re: Cute Pet Idea [Re: Vicki M. Taylor]
yonuh Offline

Our pets have a routine now. Both dogs start out on the bed. Then one of the cats gets on the bed. When we turn out the light one dog leaves and gets on the couch; the other dog gets on the floor next to my side of the bed; the cat stays. The other cat won't get on the bed 'cause the dogs have been there. She thinks dogs are disgusting - you should see the looks she gives them! LOL

Some nights I am "trapped" with one dog on each side of me and a cat on my legs. We're gonna have to get a queen or king-size bed when the renovations are finished so we can at least stretch out in bed!
http://sablewings.wordpress.com/

#101473 - 01/14/07 04:09 PM Re: Cute Pet Idea [Re: yonuh]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Vickie, love Jack's website!

#101474 - 01/14/07 04:30 PM Re: Cute Pet Idea [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Thanks, I have such a good time with it.
Your Writing Coach
Writing Coach Blog

#101475 - 01/14/07 04:55 PM Re: Cute Pet Idea [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

I'm picturing Chatty in bed with all those animals.

Sammie always wakes when I do and I put her on her perch and feed her. Diz waits until she hears me put her food in the bowl. She eats and goes back to bed for her morning nap. I should have such a life.

Diz now roots her way up between hub and I and lays her head on a pillow. Just the three of us, with two of us pretending we're actually getting some sleep.

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#101476 - 01/15/07 12:44 AM Re: Cute Pet Idea [Re: Dianne]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Dianne you've seen Reeta and Rosee in person, so imagine Rosee the littlest one, well she snores. I mean she SNORES. Its hysterical cause the sound she makes is bigger than she is. Sometimes the snoring wakes her with a start, and she'll growl at her sister Reeta, like why are YOU making all that noise??? Like I said, never a dull moment.

Edited by chatty lady (01/15/07 12:46 AM)

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved