The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 55 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#101386 - 01/02/07 09:34 PM Re: do you have any experience or knowlage about t [Re: celtic_flame]
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
lola
good point about the precedure date and wedding being so close. I have a bad habit of thinking oh well won't be that bad and forgete that bodies take time to heal etc. I know if they do the scheduled procedure i be soar and bleed for about 6 weeks. Not the nicest of states to be in for wedding. I admit i haden't thought of them doing anything else while i was knowed out and how that go's time wise for healling. I just keep thinking it all be fine a good and bad behaviour or habit i have got. Two days after a the C-section with lucien i went a wee walk, for a few miles....stupid yea but i was just that relived to be free of a big lump and the hopital, besides babys need fresh air don't they....i got a bad row from the midwife who then told all the other midwifes, so i wasen't allowed to live it down.....it really didn't think of the dangers to myself.

I can't postpone the wedding this time (i know you wern't suggesting it and just calling my attension to shortness of time between the two) but it brake po's hart and we all set and booked for it and i am even in a psychological marrieying space in my head lol.

ohhhh should i have bought those ivory trousers, might have to rethink my outfit lol
celtic-flame

#101387 - 01/02/07 10:20 PM Re: do you have any experience or knowlage about t [Re: celtic_flame]
celtic_flame Offline

thanks june for the links, i am away to die my hair blond now

i am not sure if theirs a conection but thatsa whatama gonna doa, nowa!! lol

celtic_flame

#101388 - 01/03/07 07:04 AM Re: do you have any experience or knowlage about t [Re: celtic_flame]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
Hi, Celtic: Here are links to websites which helped me during my post-op recovery period. The first one is American and the other British.

www.hystersisters.com
www.hysterectomy-association.org.uk

Both have forums where you can enquire and share experiences with other ladies-in-waiting and hyster sisters. However, the British forum bears discussions with regard to NHS experiences and because of it, provides a wider scope of shared information. Hope it helps.

#101389 - 01/03/07 04:48 PM Re: do you have any experience or knowlage about t [Re: Lola]
celtic_flame Offline

thanks lolay appriate the links c-f

#101390 - 01/17/07 06:53 PM Re: do you have any experience or knowlage about t [Re: celtic_flame]
celtic_flame Offline

JOY and BLISS and more importantly WOMAN/SISTER POWER

a nurse the wee sweetest angel out the whole of the city hospital.

it was pre-opp day the first thing she agreed upon was to ensure no surgerie in the wedding week. So i don't need to refuse a date and waite 6 mounths..........

secondly she arranging or to best of her power gonna arrange and push my case with the consultants on a number of issues.........
hystocopy and laproscopie (cervex and keyhole belly button) to be dun same time ie 1 general anasthetic for the 2 things.....BUT AND IF THATS NOT ALL....aske for a consultant to consultant transfaire( saving me 1.5 yrs waiting list) from my gynie to dr falls.....he main the man for IVF and tries his hardest to keep women fertile and able for kids as safly and as long as possible. Their more choices as it seems (procedure wise)than the ones i have been given....this man will exost all possibilities and keep me healthie and only uses hysterectomy as a last resort not as a can't quite be botherd or that too much fuss lets take it out attitude i have been experienceing soooooooo you got one very happy po and celtic this side of the pond.........and why a bit of hope and WOMAN POWER, thanks you god for that woman taking my sitasion and desire for a child seriously....now thats humbling.....

so thanks ladies for advice, links, support and informasion hence going to her armed with a bit more knowlage.....ps my family doc attitude was/is appoling...they a "well if it has to go it just has to go" view and by time i spoke to them i know a wider range of pro's and cons for the offered treatment naaa naaa na, so again thanks for the links

WOMAN POWER HEHHEHE, HEAD NURSES ROCK HEHEEH

celtic_flame i have choice

#101391 - 01/17/07 07:41 PM Re: do you have any experience or knowlage about t [Re: celtic_flame]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
That's wonderful news, Celtic! Now full steam ahead for 1st February!!!

#101392 - 01/17/07 11:31 PM Re: do you have any experience or knowlage about t [Re: Lola]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
That's great news Celtic_Flame!! Now you can balance down that ails on your wiggly high heels!!!!…And the operation can be postponed! Sounds like you got yourself a good doctor; one of those that "uses hysterectomy as a last resort". How wonderful if your child can have a brother or sister. Will send a prayer your way!

Head nurses rock!! Can feel you whooping and partying it up with happiness and relief all combined. Sooooooooooo happy for you too (two)!

#101393 - 01/18/07 06:40 AM Re: do you have any experience or knowlage about t [Re: Edelweiss]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Celtic Flame, this is great news! Sometimes the health care system seems just that -- a system -- and then a real person steps in and makes things happen the way they should.

Wedding days are stressful enough without worrying about pain and bleeding. Glad this is taken care of.

Poet and essayist

#101394 - 01/18/07 08:41 PM Re: do you have any experience or knowlage about t [Re: meredithbead]
Poppie Offline

Loc: London
Hannalore...wrap up that cute moo and post it to us..... could do as brides maid...eh????
We are sooooo happy about that particular bit of news..... a wee pink bundle may even be on the cards soon enough.

Popea

Edited by Popea (01/18/07 08:42 PM)
''Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love

#101395 - 01/19/07 07:09 PM Re: do you have any experience or knowlage about t [Re: Poppie]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Celtic and Popea you have countless bridesmaids. US! And we will be there with you both, in spirit. Feel our love that surrounds you as you stand before the minister to be united in love...

Edited by chatty lady (01/19/07 07:39 PM)

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved