The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 200 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 12 of 16 < 1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 >
Topic Options
#101236 - 03/07/07 02:52 AM Re: Let's Walk Daily [Re: Anno]
Melanie46 Offline

Loc: Connecticut USA
My nutritionist claims that walking is best. She may have just said that because she knows I'm not very athletic. Well, let me correct that: I'm not one bit athletic. But I'm really trying to do the 10,000 steps a day thing in order to give myself a goal. Otherwise, I might just slowly meander along--like Prissy did when Miss Scarlett sent her to fetch the doctor for Miss Melly in the movie, Gone With The Wind.

It is really difficult, though, to get all of those steps in. Especially with weather like we're having here in Connecticut today (below zero in March, of all things!).

But I bought a pedometer before Christmas and am really trying to keep to the program.

I have a funny story about the pedometer, though. I wear the thing all the time, and in December I had it on when I went to a local radio station to be interviewed about a project I'm involved with.

Well, before I went on the air, I naturally used the ladies' room. While I was in there, my pedometer detached from the waistband on my panty hose and ended up down in my underpants. I had no idea that had happened until I sat down in the on-air studio.

During the radio interview, I felt like I was laying an egg. It was most uncomfortable, to say the least. (I'm just glad it was television.)

I've since thrown that pedometer out and now have a new one.

In any event, I'm trying really hard to keep a sense of humor about my lack of athletic prowess as I continue to walk, walk and walk some more.

www.BaileyMcMillanPerfumes.Blogspot.com

#101237 - 03/07/07 09:02 AM Re: Let's Walk Daily [Re: Melanie46]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
What a hoot! Well I'm sure it kept you on your 'toes' during the interview.
Or while you were being interviewed did you keep wondering what that 'egg' is?
Very funny...things like that always happen to me.

#101238 - 03/07/07 02:46 PM Re: Let's Walk Daily [Re: Edelweiss]
Melanie46 Offline

Loc: Connecticut USA
I had NO idea what was going on in my underpants during the interview. I just knew that something was amiss down under. The discovery was made when I got home!

www.BaileyMcMillanPerfumes.Blogspot.com

#101239 - 03/07/07 04:14 PM Re: Let's Walk Daily [Re: Melanie46]
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Too funny! Oops, I think I laid an egg.

chick

#101240 - 03/07/07 11:22 PM Re: Let's Walk Daily [Re: chickadee]
Jane_Carroll Offline

all this butt humor just cracks me up!

#101242 - 03/09/07 08:30 AM Re: Let's Walk Daily [Re: ]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Boy Anne could I use some of your energy. I have enough to work but not enough to get myself out the door to walk. I need a partner bad....

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#101244 - 03/16/07 04:01 AM Re: Let's Walk Daily [Re: ]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
Okay Ladies. It is spring, sort of, in most of the world now. How many of you are getting back to walking on a regular basis?

I have been out more and more this past week or two. Tonight, in Minnesota, there was a small sprinkling of really wet snow. As I walked home from yoga, it looked like powdered sugar had been sprinked over the land. Then I thought of powdered sugared donuts, and, darn it anyway, I got a craving! Walk, eat, walk, eat . . .

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#101245 - 03/19/07 11:45 PM Re: Let's Walk Daily [Re: Anno]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
Tommorow is the official start of spring. Who is out walking? I saw JJ post she had walked.

Today, 30 minutes during the workday. It felt so good to move those legs for more than 15 minutes at a time. And I had a "meeting" with a colleague at the same time. Out of my chair, out of my car and talking and walking!

How about you?

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#101247 - 03/20/07 01:04 AM Re: Let's Walk Daily [Re: ]
chickadee Offline

#101248 - 03/20/07 10:33 AM Re: Let's Walk Daily [Re: chickadee]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Leave it to our chick to locate them. What a hoot.

Congrats to all those who continue to keep the pace. I walked from 6:20 to 7:10 yesterday and am walking again today. I am so grateful the winter and the knee surgery are behind me.

Page 12 of 16 < 1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved