The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 205 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 10 of 16 < 1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 15 16 >
Topic Options
#101213 - 02/06/07 11:01 PM Re: Let's Walk Daily [Re: Anno]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
Hannelore - I so envy you. Golfing in January! Way to go, girl.

Dotsie - I wish I liked mall walking better. I admire you for finding a way to work around the weather.

Phyllis - are you still house walking? I tried to find the program on comcast, but they have pulled some of our stations lately and I have not been able to find the workout station.

Who else has found ways around the weather?

#101214 - 02/09/07 04:00 PM Re: Let's Walk Daily [Re: Anno]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Anno, I went to the Y last night and did the cross-trainer for a half hour. I cut back to exercising every other day becasue I don't think every day was good for my knee. I can't wait until this dang thing is all better. I see the doctor next week. I'm anxious to hear what he has to say. I'm sure it will be something along the lines of...you're not as young as you used to be. I might have to throw something at him.

#101215 - 02/09/07 07:11 PM Too cold now, Re: Let's Walk Daily [Re: Edelweiss]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
I was walking once and sometimes twice a day. The windchill has been below zero. I havent' walked in a couple weeks. I can't wait for the temps to get above 20 degrees again.

#101216 - 02/09/07 07:25 PM Too cold now, Re: Let's Walk Daily [Re: jabber]
Anno Offline

Dotsie - bring along a spare tennis shoe to throw at the doctor. Be prepared.

Bonnierose - Minnesota is in double digits finally. My round tummy and thighs are begging me to get out and walk. Maybe this weekend it will warm enough for me to get back to my own routine.

#101217 - 02/11/07 11:56 PM Re: Let's Walk Daily [Re: Anno]
ktri Offline

Hi, just found this forum, and wanted to give my support. I walk my dog twice a day everyday unless there has been an ice storm. We walk at 5AM and again when I get home around 5PM. The last couple of weeks have been challenging. It's been below zero every morning and mostly single digits at night, plus snow and wind. So we haven't been able to do our regular walk, but we have been out there every day walking. They say exercise is cumulative so even a couple of short walks help out a lot.

And think of all the admiration you will get at work or from your friends when you tell them you braved the cold Just remember to dress warm, in layers, and don't be reckless when it's really cold! Stay close to home.

See you around the block,

ktri

#101218 - 02/12/07 09:02 PM Re: Let's Walk Daily [Re: ktri]
Anno Offline

The weather here warmed up to a balmy 11 degrees today, so I finally got out for a short walk after 2 weeks of being house-bound. It felt sooooo good.

I was thinking about whittlewoman this morning and how she is doing in upstate ny. I heard they had up to 2 feet, or more, of snow recently. Don't suppose anyone there is doing any walking - just lots of snow removal!

#101219 - 02/12/07 09:37 PM Re: Let's Walk Daily [Re: Anno]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Snow removal is great exercise. From the sounds of the forecast, I may get a little practice this week.

ktri, my gracious it's cold where you are. I feel so sorry for the animals when it's that cold. Welcome tp the forums. I'll be looking for you in the other forums.

#101220 - 02/17/07 02:10 PM Re: Let's Walk Daily
Anno Offline

Let's party! The weather is finally in double digits here in Minnesota. I can walk outside again! Today - I will walk in the neighborhood, but hopefully, by next weekend, it will be warm enough to do the 3 mile lake walk again.

Hooray!!!!

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#101221 - 02/20/07 10:27 PM Re: Let's Walk Daily [Re: Anno]
Anno Offline

I walked twice today. The weather is warmer (not warm!) and snow melted yesterday and froze over last night. So it was an interesting walk - dodging both ice patches and puddles.

It feels sooo good to be able to walk outdoors again. I love the sun and a blue sky and we had both today.

ktri - what area of the world do you live in?

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#101222 - 02/20/07 10:51 PM Re: Let's Walk Daily [Re: Anno]
SharonE Offline

Loc: Australia/ U.S. websites
My partner and I have begun walking after dinner each evening as the temperature drops to something bearable (I live in Australia).
It's a great opportunity to discuss the days events, plans for the future, the kids careers, the kids debts, the kids cars, world peace, politics, work problems, and to say Hi to a few people in the neighbourhood sitting out on their verandas in the cool evening breeze.
This is a new activity for me, I have been a lounge lizard most of my life. However I am really enjoying feeling fitter, it even helps me sleep much better. I love it, Highly reccommended!
Take care,
For U.S. Baby Boomers: www.babyboomerexpress.com

Page 10 of 16 < 1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 15 16 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved