The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 185 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 8 of 16 < 1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 15 16 >
Topic Options
#101188 - 01/20/07 09:25 PM Re: Let's Walk Daily [Re: Anno]
Phyllis0618 Offline

Loc: Oakland County, Michigan
Did not exercise much this past week. Our power went out which was a good excuse for not getting back on track. However, today I walked two miles with hand weights today. What a challenge but I did it. Using Comcast cable walking programs allows me to walk in the house at any time. Took the South Beach Diet survey online and found I was at the high end of normal. Must lose 10 pounds or get to 145 which is not thin. Hope eating right and walking helps me.

#101189 - 01/20/07 09:48 PM Re: Let's Walk Daily [Re: Phyllis0618]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Phyllis, tell me about the Comcast walking system. How do you walk in the house? I feel stupid cause I don't get it.

I went to the Y yesterday and today. I did the two leg machines, the cross trainer and bike both days. I much prefer walking with a friend but I'm making the most of it.

#101190 - 01/20/07 09:49 PM Re: Let's Walk Daily
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Anne, I'd love to sit and chat with you in that coffee shop. Wouldn't that be fun? Heck, I'd even walk the two miles to the library with you.

Anno, have fun cross-country skiing...and with your sister? What a bonus.

#101191 - 01/22/07 12:27 AM Re: Let's Walk Daily
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Went to the Y again today. Did the leg machines, cross-trainer and bike. That's how I justified the Mini Oreos I just ate. I knew I shouldn't have bought them.

#101192 - 01/22/07 02:44 AM Re: Let's Walk Daily
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
It was snowing here all day, and made for perfect cross-country skiing. Unfortunately, the rental place was closed - someone had called in sick, I guess - so my sister could not ski. So we walked instead. And it was so beautiful

The snow was coming down lightly, and dry, and it was warm enough to not be bundled up to look like the michelin man. We walked around the lake, about 3 miles, and back and forth from my house, about another mile, and had a great chat.

By the way, she may be moving to London - seems she is truly in love for the first time in years, and he lives in London. I am so happy for her, but will miss her so much.

#101193 - 01/22/07 04:27 AM Re: Let's Walk Daily [Re: Anno]
denanz Offline

Loc: Tempe Arizona
I have been going to curves for the past several months but now that I have started working again I can't fit the time in to drive over there, work out and drive back. So today I pulled out my treadmill and walked for half an hour. I worked up a good sweat which I don't at curves. hmmm I should of stuck with my treadmill.

www.denisesgiftshop.com

#101196 - 01/23/07 09:43 PM Re: Let's Walk Daily [Re: ]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Anne, I can't wait to garden. It's one of my favorite activities. Sounds like it's one of yours too. We have quite a bit in common.

Graduated from PT yesterday. YAHOO. Walked almost an hour at the mall early this morning with a friend.

#101198 - 01/27/07 03:06 PM Re: Let's Walk Daily [Re: ]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Yes, that's about right. Due to the cold, I've been going to the Y. Went yesterday and did a half hour on the cross trainer and 10 minutes on the bike.

Where are all our walkers. What's going on here?

#101199 - 01/27/07 04:43 PM Re: Let's Walk Daily
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
It is sooooo cold here in Minnesota. I have given into the couch for the past few days.

Today, the sun is out, but the temp is hovering in the single digits. I am going to brave the cold and try for at least 15 minutes.

Yoga, tho. Have been keeping up with that!

#101201 - 01/29/07 08:50 PM Re: Let's Walk Daily [Re: Anno]
Phyllis0618 Offline

Loc: Oakland County, Michigan
Losing track of all the responses. When the weather is nicer (a few more months) I can walk outside. If you want to talk about what we see when walking that is great. However when I walk outside my mind seems to travel places yet to be explored. No outside influence to stop the mind.

Page 8 of 16 < 1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 15 16 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved