The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 229 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 7 of 16 < 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 15 16 >
Topic Options
#101174 - 01/12/07 04:43 PM Re: Let's Walk Daily [Re: Anno]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Errr, I got an excuse because of my darn heal. I'm getting treatment for it, but till it's better I can't walk longer than 20 minutes. To tell you the truth, I love this excuse. I'm being soooo lazy!

#101176 - 01/15/07 11:49 PM Re: Let's Walk Daily [Re: ]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
Well, girls, I got a weeks worth of exercise in today. It snowed here, in Minnesota, so I shoveled the sidewalk and driveway. Then I went skating with D and friends (I count this as two times, since I had to pick D up 3 times from the ice) and I just returned from a 15 minute walk. It is COLD outside.

Like Anne, all the cold makes for a lot more walking than we are giving ourselves credit for.

Keep trucking!

#101177 - 01/16/07 02:47 AM Re: Let's Walk Daily [Re: Anno]
Phyllis0618 Offline

Loc: Oakland County, Michigan
I need inspiration to keep me on track. Comcast cable has a variety of exercise programs including walking. Yoga, pilates, dancing just hurt by back (getting old). They have a few walking programs and I have decided on a 3 mile walk with weights.

So far I have made it through one mile and sometime 2 miles a day. However, keeping up the momentum every day is not easy. The great part is I can start and stop at any time day or night.

#101178 - 01/16/07 03:20 PM Re: Let's Walk Daily [Re: Phyllis0618]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Phyllis, come here for the inspiration. Or picture all your boomer women friends cheering for you to keep the mission.

Anno, skating? What fun. Is it an outdoor arena? I haven't done that in about 10 years.

Anne, I recall years of being determined to get my walk in even if it was icey. Now I go to the mall. I wish I had your stamina and desire to be outside anyway. The fresh air is so good for us.

I got off track a bit because of my wicked colinoscopy I had last week. Always a story. But that dang thing really threw me for a loop. Anyway, back at it.

Sunday I went to the Y and did the bike and cross trainer.
Monday I walked with a friend for 45 minutes outside in the humidity which is so odd for Baltimore in January.
This morning I walked for an hour at the mall with a friend.

It feels good to be back at it.

Hannelore, what's up with your heal? Does the condition have a name?

#101180 - 01/17/07 11:12 PM Re: Let's Walk Daily [Re: ]
Phyllis0618 Offline

Loc: Oakland County, Michigan
Anne 327: Wow about walking 10 miles. Really impressive.

Did some walking indoors today but nothing like you.

#101181 - 01/18/07 02:00 AM Re: Let's Walk Daily [Re: Phyllis0618]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Anne, wow! Good for you. That's remarkable. Was it bitter cold?

I didn't walk today but did go to the Y. Did the cross trainer for 30 minutes and bike for 10. Then did two leg machines to strengthen everything around my knee. I graduate from physical therapy next week. I can't wait!

How is everyone doing with their walking?

#101182 - 01/18/07 08:07 AM Re: Let's Walk Daily
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
My heal treatment is done. It takes another three weeks for it to work. I have one of those glide wad-do-you-call-it- machines...like skiing. Anyway I can do that instead of walking.

#101183 - 01/18/07 05:02 PM Re: Let's Walk Daily [Re: Edelweiss]
Jeannine Offline

Loc: Georgia, U.S.
I'm a firm believer in walking! I've always enjoyed walking, and will opt to walk instead of ride, everywhere I go, if possible. I do at least thirty minutes of brisk walking three times a week. I may be out longer, if the weather is fine. I endeavor to get my husband out with me, though sometimes that's a chore.

I recall on one of our first dates, about a million years ago! we went to the drive-in. We were parked, movie hadn't started, he said, 'Let's get something from the snack-bar'. I agreed, and started to reach for the door handle, and imagine my surprise, when he replaced the movie-speaker on its stand, and started the car. We drove to the snack-bar!

[i]'It's never too late in Fiction-- or in Life to Revise.'
---Nancy Thayer

#101185 - 01/18/07 11:03 PM Re: Let's Walk Daily [Re: ]
Anno Offline

I like comcast on demand exercise, too. I keep forgetting about it, so thanks for the reminder.

Tuesday I did yoga, yesterday sat on my little tush and today yoga again. I did manage 2 mini=walks, but it has been sooooo cold here. Suppose to warm back up with more snow this weekend, so I will add in some cross-country skiing or some snow-shoeing.

Dots - it was an outdoor rink and not too smooth, but it was fun. Very tiring!

#101186 - 01/20/07 01:27 PM Re: Let's Walk Daily [Re: Anno]
Anno Offline

I walked with a neighbor this morning, a very strange man who likes his guns and his cars, trucks and bikes (all 6 of them). He lives in a world that I know nothing about and it is interesting to hear how he views the world. Best part is, I don't have to agree with him at all, but I am enjoying listening to his POV.

Tommorow cross-country skiing with my sister. Have a great weekend ladies.

Page 7 of 16 < 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 15 16 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved