The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 172 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 5 of 16 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 15 16 >
Topic Options
#101154 - 01/06/07 05:26 PM Re: Let's Walk Daily [Re: klmr13]
Jane_Carroll Offline

Loc: Alabama
My hip is whinny...it was yesterday and I walked anyway but I think it needs a couple of days rest...so I'll enjoy being in the house this weekend.

For me, I usally walk time because I know how much time I have...the fun comes in seeing how much further I can go during my time...that also allows me to pace myself according to how I feel...some days I can speed along and some days it's a saunter...but it's all good.

#101155 - 01/06/07 06:55 PM Re: Let's Walk Daily [Re: Jane_Carroll]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
Anything to get you walking, JJ. But, if you're walking in circles...then Sam can't get to say, "meet you at the corner,JJ."

#101156 - 01/07/07 01:14 AM Re: Let's Walk Daily [Re: Lola]
denanz Offline

Loc: Tempe Arizona
Today I did something that I haven't done in a while. I walked to the Frys shopping center. Its about a 15 min walk from my house to the store. The weather here is in the 60s with a few clouds floating around. In the plaza I stopped by the furniture store and found a couple of bookcases I so desperatly needed. I went to the bank and deposited some cash. I stopped and got my nails cut down and repolished. On my way home I realized that my neighborhood wasn't looking as run down as it has been the past couple of years. Some of the houses are looking pretty nice. I must have new neighbors. I should talk to them one of these days. It was a nice walk.

#101157 - 01/07/07 06:14 AM Re: Let's Walk Daily [Re: denanz]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I'll check it out klmr, and thanks to all of you..

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#101158 - 01/07/07 08:57 AM Re: Let's Walk Daily [Re: chatty lady]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

I haven't walked in two days. I'm a toad. My bursitis in my hip is killing me. Any suggestions? Anyway, I'm getting back out there tomorrow.

#101159 - 01/07/07 09:59 AM Re: Let's Walk Daily [Re: jawjaw]
klmr13 Offline

Loc: Stars Hollow
The usual course of treatment for bursitis is steroid injections, and those aren't good for our immune systems. That must be very painful for you...sorry you're suffering! Have you considered acupuncture, Jawjaw? I'm beginning a search for a board certified acupunturist for the arthritis in my ankle...gosh, I hate talking about arthritis! Makes me feel O L D!

#101160 - 01/07/07 02:30 PM Re: Let's Walk Daily [Re: klmr13]
Jane_Carroll Offline

JJ,
My hip is whinny, too. I think it's the pounding the pavement that gets it. I do the jogging in place at Curves but it's on a spring board that absorbs some of the impact.

My hip is feeling better today...it liked the day off...I'm looking for somewhere to walk that isn't paved to see it that makes a difference...

#101161 - 01/07/07 03:18 PM Re: Let's Walk Daily [Re: Jane_Carroll]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
Alas, I was a wimp yesterday, too. Today, I promise to make it out and about.

What's with all the hip problems? I am so sorry to hear so many of my girlfriends are in pain. Here is to healing and living without pain.

#101162 - 01/07/07 05:02 PM Re: Let's Walk Daily [Re: Anno]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Oh dear, I can join you ladies on the ache and pain department. I have a calcaneal spur.
That's a bone fragment in my heal. Tomorrow I'm starting a lazer massage therapy. Anyone else ever have this?

I know those aches in the hips as well. For some reason, the pain went away and never came back again. That was about a year ago. I take vitamin E and calcium…maybe that's the reason. Hope it goes away for you soon too JJ and Jane. I've been there.

I just weighed myself and discovered I lost two pounds this week. My granddaughter is the best diet couch anyone could have. Walking back and forth through the house, holding a toddler's hands in a half stooped position, sure works those pounds off! Jeez, I'm exhausted, and my heal is pounding. Yuck

#101163 - 01/07/07 11:49 PM Re: Let's Walk Daily [Re: Edelweiss]
klmr13 Offline

Loc: Stars Hollow
Hannelore...YES, I had a heel spur - such PAIN!
What helped me was a couple shots of cortisone, over a few weeks. Before that I was limping in agony...tried the rubbery heel orthotics in my shoe, exercises, everything. The only thing that helped was the shots. Oh, and every once in a while I still do the exercises... in a sitting position - put a tennis ball on the floor and roll your foot over the top of it.
The good news is that the pain WILL go away! Hang in there...

Page 5 of 16 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 15 16 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved