The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 58 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#100847 - 12/31/06 03:33 PM Re: Hussein executed...... [Re: celtic_flame]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
I do not believe in the death penalty and was very disappointed when our states began to reinstitute the death sentence into our system. However, for most states, the sentence has been imposed only in very extreme situations. Does this make it right? Not for me, but perhaps a bit more palpable.

Saddam was a horrific man. I believe, in this instance, I can reconcile my feelings and see his hanging as just.

Ann

#100848 - 12/31/06 04:11 PM Re: Hussein executed...... [Re: Anno]
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Alas, we have another "Hot" topic here at BWS.

I have read and respect all your opinions. Pretty strong on both sides I would say.

I am hoping that there won't be any name calling or ill reference to what anyone has expressed.(Yes, it happens on occassion)

Remember, we are entitled to what we believe and that is the bottom line

This won't be the first or last issue that we agree/disagree on, let's just keep the debate clean, respectful and informative.

Remember...encourage, connect, and support.

And don't pick on me for this post...I'm weak

chick

#100849 - 12/31/06 04:28 PM Re: Hussein executed...... [Re: Anno]
Wisdom&Life Offline

Loc: Chesapeake, VA
Quote:

i am shaking with distress at what iv just read from good god loving indivduels that do a compleat schizoid u-turn regarding certine topics, ya take my breath away........

I am sorry you feel this way. However, it hurts me that I would be labeled a schizoid. Freedom of speech works both ways, and I didn't call anyone names that disagree with me. We can still be friends even if we disagree on certain topics. I don't like any of you any less because of this disagreement. I even have debates with my husband about these issues, but I am not headed for divorce court.

Further, allow me to apologize for the kumbaya remark. It's just that I know muslim's, I grew up with them on the Island of Rhodes. The Turk's once occupied the Island and I grew up hearing some horrific stories from friends and relative's personal experiences with them. They are not peace loving people. Perhaps I should've stated it that way instead of using the kumbaya statement.

As for questioning my Christianity, I will allow God to make the Judgement call.

I want to respond to the comment about keeping them in prison for the rest of their lives would prevent them from committing these crimes. I agree with that and I wouldn't have a problem with that if there is a guarantee that they will not be let out a few years later on "good behavior". Perhaps I wouldn't be an advocate on the death penalty if this system would work. But I cannot emphasize enough that it is far more important, IMO, that innocent people are safe. It breaks my heart more to hear of another child being molested and murdered. It's worse when one learns that the murderer had been released on "good behavior". That has happened many times.

Hannelore, I watched those videos and it is sad. War is not pretty, I never thought it was. Watching the 911 footage was not pretty either. There was some raw footage on the 5th anniversay of this tragic day. I could hear the thump of the bodies of those that ended up jumping out of the tall buildings. BTW, we haven't been attacked since then. I know that there are bad soldiers out there, I lived in Germany for 17 years. During that time there were crimes committed by soldiers there, and the victims were usually young German women. I care more for these victims than I did for those soldiers. As for the innocent being put on the electric chair. Unfortunately, that has happened, and I am not condoning that. Let me narrow this down for you, there have been murderers and rapists that have gotten away even if the evidence was 100% there, for just anyone to see. Even as much as a confession. The evidence was there with saddam, not a single doubt he was guilty. If there was one single shread of doubt of his guilt, then no. That is where further investigation would be needed. I hope I am explaining my position on this clearly now.

As for the Vietnam war, IMO and from what I have learned about it, we shouldn't have surrendered. There was a General in the N. Vietnamese Army that stated years later that they were ready to surrender. The reason they didn't was because all the protest gave them empowerment. I don't know how true that was, I haven't checked that out for myself to be honest.

Once again, I want to emphasize that I love and respect each and everyone of you sisters. I believe in freedom of speech, and I would fight for the right for each and everyone of you to say what you have to express.

Peace out,
Cathi

#100850 - 12/31/06 07:49 PM Re: Hussein executed...... [Re: Wisdom&Life]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
There is a BIG difference between "punishment" for your crimes against humanity and someone running around "murdering" people because he is a dictator, a bully, and because he can. MY God people, wake the hell up...If we had no laws and there was no punishment for ones crimes, this world would be even more savage than it already is. There is a place for everything. Some of the worlds 'bleeding hearts' need to walk past the cold damp holes in the ground where thousands, thats right, thousands of Saddams victims, men, women and children lay rotting and for no other reason than he was insane with power...If youy want to feel all warm and fuzzy, feel that way for his thousands of innocent victims. Hes dead and so be it, he earned his fate. Now the last thing, WE HERE IN BWS DO NOT CALL NAMES!!! Everyone is given a forum in which they can spout their own opinioin BUT we respect one another and do not get personal, CLEAR, good!! I for one think this subject has run its course and we need to move onto happier subjects, it is after all the NEW YEAR.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#100851 - 12/31/06 08:06 PM Re: Hussein executed...... [Re: chatty lady]
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
Freedom of speach for all is to be admired if it's held as a true principle.....However why are you chosing to contradict and readress a few people who don't agree with your logic?

for your informastion and just so we are clear that i was describing GENERALLY an observasion i unfounded and held within the board by a variety of people and not singling any one indivuel out. Since you chose to take my remark personally then i will provide a definasion dictonary of schizoid personality treats for you

Schizoid: a term describing a personality that suggests inner conflicts and exhibits outer contradictions.

Your inner state i would't comment on. Outwardly clamming a god loving christion "peace out" stance while baying for murder of hussam and the common jo thats commited a crme is a fundemental contridiction.....In this manner the quoted word fits

As you stated no one judges us but god yet you see fit to judge and support the murder of indivduels, who have commited criminal acts. Is that not acting as if you have the right's of a diety?

Congratulasions on a life lived without sin or need for god's judgement. I haven'tlived such a life an for one i am thankfull god is forgiven and mercifull.

In all off your posts you wholesale attack the muslums
let me quote a few of your remarkes:........It's just that I know muslim's, I grew up with them on the Island of Rhodes. The Turk's once occupied the Island and I grew up hearing some horrific stories from friends and relative's personal experiences with them. They are not peace loving people......(second post) These are fanatics and if it takes them 300 years to accomplish something for the glory of allah, they are okay with that. We are infidels to them, and they want to get rid of or convert all infidels. We are the infidels to them........(end quote)
How many of the woman on this sight might be muslum, or married to a muslum man........Moreover, not all muslium peoples have this view. The fanatics that you have quoted and then chose to reprisent as ALL MUSLEMS everywear is prediduced and a misreprisentasion of ALL muslum people.... Their are peace loving muslums. I for one hate to see any one persicuted for their god or religion or race. Secondly know the history of your religion and country, see it for what it is.(I used the examples of both our countries and religions). Don't hide from the reality of anything or anyaction....... Then still hold true to your faith from an informed choice, if thats your decision.

Many religious stances see their religion as the only path to god and all others should be converted or erradictaded again examples of the inquisquistion and the conntinioong missonary work, replacing existing religions and cultural ways. Their is nuthing new in this totallity of belife in a rightchess pathway or in one dominating the other, in the name of god (ever wondered how god might feel bout wholesale slughter and tourcher in his/her's name.

Lastly i never yet to say i dislike you or anyone else on this board for this topic or any other.

I do feel strongly about murder anyones and if i not mistaken this board a descusion board, for descusion. Not needing you to agree with me or vice versa i am sure, so no personal offence ment and nun taken on my part.

please read eagles post on this topic, it's full of the loving spirite of the universe....and reminds us that we just instriments throw the devine energy to act and work throw once our ego's get out the way....now thats humbeling

happy new year
celtic_flame

#100852 - 12/31/06 08:19 PM Re: Hussein executed...... [Re: celtic_flame]
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
chatty ladie

no one said hussain was right for what he did or didn't deserve punishment. Or generally crimanals and certine crimes. I thought the debate was about what type of punishment is right for "us humans" to chose to do legally or not.......why if we don't agree with the death penalty for any reason are we bleadding hart's and don't agree with any laws.......is that not derogatory in the context that you have used it in....If i am mistaken then please explane. Why can't we feel for hussane and his victums why dose it have to be only one or the other?

As the such an emotive subject don't you think the members will decide when the descusion is over or not. That we are all adult and mature enough to have this debate without offence being taken as it's all just one persons oppinion after another oppinion, which is the meat of descussion. Nune of thats wrong, the pro's and the agenst death or murder penalty nune of it's wrong and all of it's entitled to space and airring isen't it.

If the name calling about the schizoid remark then cheek out the definision, (in the last post) it fit's in this context. If it's about something else well i am sure you'll yake your own steaps regarding it.

and happy new year to you

celtic_flame

#100853 - 12/31/06 10:07 PM Re: Hussein executed...... [Re: celtic_flame]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I would love to live in a world where there was no need for a topic like this one, no one murdering anyone, thus no one else murdering the murders...I ASKED for an end to this unpleasant topic as a courtesy to the many that are made uncomfortable by it. I have been here a very long time now and have seen women come and go, and I know that these kinds of post are not in the spirit of this kind and gentle site. Nothing said here will change anything anyway so why upset ourselves?? Let politicians and rule makers worry about things like that. I tried to put an end to this topic in keeping with the spirit of BWS, where we think of the good of all, not just of ourselves wanting our own words to be heard above all others. I would hope this is the reason we are all here, to show our love, respect and comraderie for, and to one another and leave our politics outside the door. There are many other sites that relish this type of debateable topic, this isn't one of them. Please lets all just have respect for Dotsie and all the members that come here to enjoy the "peace and safety" this site was founded for...

Edited by chatty lady (12/31/06 10:12 PM)

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#100854 - 12/31/06 10:26 PM Re: Hussein executed...... [Re: chatty lady]
Louisa Offline

Loc: MA
Thanks Chatty. I left this site for a time a while back because of that. Recently, it's been very pleasant here. I don't come in here to debate politics. I come here to get away from the bad things in the world and enjoy the company and friendship of boomer women. I agree. There are plenty of places on the web for that. I much prefer the peace and commaradarie of this site.

Louisa

#100855 - 12/31/06 10:37 PM Re: Hussein executed...... [Re: Louisa]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I'm aware that everyone is not going to agree with me on this. Some may think I'm weak for doing this but I am going to close this topic before it gets out of control. I don't like it when people feel offended at BWS and I can see that happening. Onward with other topics.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved