The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 204 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#205614 - 07/10/10 01:29 PM Just ask God to fix it...
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I was recently in the middle of a ridiculous eldercare battle. Within one week, two friends told me to let it go, that it was too big for me to fix, that no one could really fix it except God. "Just pray for God to fix it. Tell him he has to fix it."

That's what I startd praying, and you know what? It's not perfect, but it's so much better than it was.

If you are living with a ridiculous situation that's tearing you apart, why not give it a try?

#205622 - 07/10/10 02:13 PM Re: Just ask God to fix it... [Re: Dotsie]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Dotsie, I'm so glad to hear that things have improved. Nothing is worse than these types of battles or more frustrating because they seem so unnecessary to the health and care of our loved one.

You know sometimes I think God is sitting there looking down on me going, "You know kiddo, I could handle that for you, if you would just trust me."

#205630 - 07/10/10 03:13 PM Re: Just ask God to fix it... [Re: jawjaw]
Mountain Ash Offline

Let it go.
Yes I agree that when we hand over to a Higher power a solution may occur...maybe not the answer we thought was an answer.

Think hanging on with fingertips to the edge of a building..we will fall but may fall softly or be caught..perhaps have injury ...but letting go is the start of a solution

#205827 - 07/16/10 11:26 PM Re: Just ask God to fix it... [Re: Mountain Ash]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Well ladies, I've been praying for God to fix a nasty situation
that has been surrounding me for over 5 years now. I pray morning, noon, and night and in between and He still hasn't
resolved the problem, if anything it's gotten worse. Now what
do you have, that I don't? I live in a rightful manner; give
to the poor; help those I can; and study The Word, daily. Yet, He hasn't turned this problem around or helped my friend. And I know God is the only person who can fix this mess!

#205843 - 07/17/10 03:03 PM Re: Just ask God to fix it... [Re: jabber]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Praying trap-setters fall into their own pit;
so we can see justice in action!
The Word says, God is a GOD of justice!

Edited by jabber (07/18/10 04:34 PM)

#205858 - 07/18/10 05:36 PM Re: Just ask God to fix it... [Re: jabber]
Edelweiss2 Offline

Loc: American living in Germany
Jabber,...maybe he can't fix everything. If he could, do you think we would have so much misery in this world? Just a thought.

#206440 - 08/04/10 10:36 PM Re: Just ask God to fix it... [Re: Edelweiss2]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Sometimes Gods fix is to remain quiet and allow us to fix it, whatever it may be ourselves.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#206446 - 08/04/10 10:50 PM Re: Just ask God to fix it... [Re: chatty lady]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
We just got home from a week away on the other side of the country. We arrived at our home airport around 8am, and were supposed to be picked up by our neighbour. To make a long story short, he was waiting for us on the departures level, and we were waiting for him on the arrivals level. After about 40 minutes, hubby went to look for him. Meanwhile, his wife showed up looking for us...then went back into the airport to look for hubby, at the same time that hubby returned to me to report that he hadn't seen anyone. Well, it would have been hilarious if we hadn't been travelling for the past 14 hours and were exhausted. But for the next 20 minutes, I stood still in one spot with the luggage while everyone else kept missing each other while looking for each other. During that time I kept praying that the Lord would somehow bring us altogether in the same spot at the same time.

At one point, hubby came back just in time to help a very elderly woman lift her heavy suitcase into her friend's car. Both looked like they were ready to collapse any minute, and I wondered later if hubby might have saved the oldest one from a heart attack (it was hot and muggy even that early in the morning). Then I wondered if maybe that was why we hadn't all found each other yet, that it had been no accident that we were there right at the moment when those ladies needed help.

I was even more convinced that that was the case when about two minutes after he helped the elderly ladies, all of OUR people converged at the same spot and we merrily went on our way home.

I think it's neat when God can use us to fix other people's problems at the same time that He's using other people to fix OUR problems.

(Maya Angelou)

#206662 - 08/09/10 01:19 AM Re: Just ask God to fix it... [Re: Eagle Heart]
Anne Holmes Administrator Offline
Boomer in Chief

Loc: Illinois
Thanks for reminding us of the power of prayer, Dotsie. Glad you are seeing such improvement in the eldercare situation.

And Eagle Heart, I loved your story!

I couldn't get through the day without God's help, and it's amazing the way He works.

One I put something into His hands, I never know where or how the solution is going to come -- but I know it will come! Such a powerful thing, prayer!
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#206937 - 08/17/10 10:47 PM Re: Just ask God to fix it... [Re: Anne Holmes]
LTWayfaringWords Offline

Loc: Missouri, recently moved from ...
I loved reading Dotsie's and Eagle Heart's stories, and Anne's encouragement. Thanks, Friends!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved