The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 142 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#181156 - 04/29/09 09:42 PM My Mother is/was...
Di Offline

Loc: NM, transplant from NJ
...fill in your own praise for your Mom whether she is still with you or with the Lord. What she may have taught you; an inspiration; a special" memory; something you'll never forget that she did that maybe makes you smile!

Everyone may not be a mother, but we all have/had one!

#181162 - 04/29/09 11:27 PM Re: My Mother is/was... [Re: Di]
dancer9 Offline

Loc: Arizona
gifted. That's the best thing I can say about my mother. She was definatly gifted. I guess beautiful too, yes, she was beautiful and taught me a lot about art.

Unfortunately, my mother was lost to me very young due to illness and I had no grandmothers to step in.

Good post, Di!

Dancer

"Question your privilege"

#181165 - 04/29/09 11:42 PM Re: My Mother is/was... [Re: dancer9]
Di Offline

Loc: NM, transplant from NJ
My Mother, Sally Ann, was happy, fun, creative, in love with her kids and husband, had lots of friends, smart, funny, giving, generous and too young when she died at age of 43.

#181191 - 04/30/09 02:52 PM Re: My Mother is/was... [Re: ]
Edelweiss3 Offline

Loc: American living in Germany
I always thought my mother to be very beautiful; and that she still is. As a young woman, she had a fragile frame, with long slender legs, tiny waist, and fair blond curls. Her heart shaped face, high forehead, and fine lined eyebrows curved softly above blue twinkling eyes. Her perfect shaped mouth, doubles in size when she laughs. When my Mom laughs I have to always laugh with her, it pulls some giggle string within me. Her eyes crunch up into fine lines. Her cheeks get rosy, and my mother can laugh and laugh from the bottom of her heart.

One of the most valuable traits my mother has is positive thinking. She doesn't have to try to see the sunny side of the street, it was always in her reach. My Mom rarely ever speaks negatively about anyone. She is also an attentive listner. and shows authentic interest. She can admire a blouse or house decoration with a genuine honesty. She sees and observes with her heart, her enthusiasm and her love of life.

She is an independent nature. Happy and thankful for the varieties offered outside her home, but as grateful to be back in her own home made nest.

Funny the phases one goes through as a daughter. First you look up to your Mom. Then she becomes your hold in life. As a teenager your Mom is suddenly old fashioned and a bother. Later you gasp, when you recognize some of the same traits, movements or whatever you have from your mother in yourself. And much later in life you smile and feel content when you see the same shimmer of a smile, smile back at you from the mirror, and you know what you think and do is just like she would have done.

A mother stays with you forever and ever.

#181196 - 04/30/09 03:53 PM Re: My Mother is/was... [Re: Edelweiss3]
humlan Offline

Loc: Sweden
My mother is still alive..living in Napa, Calif. I can call her, but she can´t respond as she has had quite a few strokes. But she is very aware of all I say. She is cared for in her own home..around the clock..all the time.

My mother was tall and blonde..with thick hair that she wore in a "french roll" or a thick braid down her back. Her grandmother was German from Sudatanland. My mother was/is a beautiful woman.

She was/is patient..very patient. She stood by my father thru his alcoholism and all his troubles thruout his life. He passed away some years ago.

My mother has 2 masters..one in Chemistry and one in Library Science. She worked all her life.

She is a refugee from the Czech Rep after WWII..when our family was threatened by assasination by the Russians because my grandfather, her father, was symbol for the Czech people being a general in the Czech Army. I was just a baby when we fled for our lives.

My mother´s youth was ruined by the 2nd WW..so you could say that she was very playful as an adult and as my mom. She loved swimming and was very good at it. And she loved sunbathing afterwards..something I also took after.

She liked to chase me and friends when we played hide and seek or "you´re it".

She had her own wisdom thru all our difficult years when I was growing up that has made our relationship quite complicated. But today..being much older myself..I can respect and see where she is coming from. Her generation..the one that grew up in Europe is quite different from mine..that grew up in the US. But I can see now and understand..I think.

She loved/loves me very much in her way..and I am so grateful that she is my mom. I can still see her tears (which were very rare) and my father´s (rarer still) when they said good-by to me at the airport when I left for Sweden..newly married and starting a new life..and I am still here in Sweden..now with 5 grown children and 4 grandchildren.

Good post. Thank you for giving me this chance to give tribute to my mom...

#181210 - 04/30/09 07:01 PM Re: My Mother is/was... [Re: humlan]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
gone, and I would give anything and everything to have her back for just one more day to hold her, hug her, and ask her the million questions that I never thought to ask her while she was alive.

(Maya Angelou)

#181214 - 04/30/09 07:21 PM Re: My Mother is/was... [Re: Eagle Heart]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
devoted to her family. Until the bitter end, she would have given anything for any of us.

Eagle, I also have so many questions for her now that she's gone.

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved