The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 64 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#149042 - 05/21/08 04:15 AM Ten Years!!!
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
I've been working 70+ hours/week for the past 3 weeks, so I haven't been in the forums much recently. That's typical for my May & November schedules, and thank goodness it's over for now!

My blessing is this: yesterday, May 19, was the 10-year anniversary of when I was diagnosed with cancer. So I'm a 10-year survivor!! In remission and doing fine. And tomorrow is my 58th birthday, something I didn't think I'd see 10 years ago.

Life is a miracle, and I'm glad to be here another year.

Poet and essayist

#149043 - 05/21/08 04:52 AM Re: Ten Years!!! [Re: meredithbead]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
WOW!!! What an extremely joyful news and anniversary to celebrate with you, Meredith. I am extremely joyful. Nay...ecstatic would be the most appropriate word to describe how one feels. What a grand, grand blessing indeed! And, as it is with my faith, and in the spirit of its greatest expression, I offer a Mass in thanksgiving. God bless.

#149044 - 05/21/08 06:20 AM Re: Ten Years!!! [Re: Lola]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Rejoice! Rejoice! Medicine has come a long way. Thank God getting to hear the prognosis "Cancer" isn't a death statement anymore. I just read that women's deaths are 10 fold more related to heart attacks than cancer.

#149045 - 05/21/08 07:44 AM Re: Ten Years!!! [Re: Edelweiss]
Mountain Ash Offline

Have a lovely birthday Meridith. you are an inspiration.
Mountain ash

#149046 - 05/21/08 12:12 PM Re: Ten Years!!! [Re: Mountain Ash]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Happy, Happy, 10-year anniversary to the Divine Ms. M! You are an inspiration to women everywhere and give so many hope where there was none.

Just think; I bet there are lots of women who lurk and read but are not members, so your message of hope is probably traveling around the globe. How cool is that?

We just never know when that message is exactly what one person needed to read today.

Thank you for sharing your inspirational life with us all and for letting your light shine for other women to see!

#149047 - 05/21/08 01:10 PM Re: Ten Years!!! [Re: jawjaw]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Meredith, your news brings tears of joy, happiness and gratitude to my eyes and heart. You are indeed a shining inspiration to so many.

I remember the poems you sent to my brother during his struggle with cancer. What amazing strength, courage and inspiration you radiated to him and to me through your writing, your life and your generous, kind willingness to share your journey with us.

Thank you for being - thank you for your life - thank you for your awe-inspiring presence in this world.

(Maya Angelou)

#149048 - 05/21/08 01:14 PM Re: Ten Years!!! [Re: Eagle Heart]
ladyjane Offline

Loc: Southern Maine, USA
Meredith, here's to you on this wonderful milestone! Speaking from one cancer survivor to another (it's been six years this month for me!!) life IS precious and never to be taken for granted. Each day is to be enjoyed in some way. What a gift!!

#149049 - 05/21/08 05:00 PM Re: Ten Years!!! [Re: ladyjane]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
TEN YEARS!!!
That is wonderful!
Here's to the next 10, 20, 30...
Blessings, Meredith.

#149050 - 05/21/08 06:03 PM Re: Ten Years!!! [Re: gims]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Thanks everyone! And here I am on my birthday, celebrating with all you wonderful women! Lola, your post brought tears to my eyes.

We are all on this journey for a reason. If my story brings hope to one person on this planet, then my purpose is fulfilled.

Poet and essayist

#149051 - 05/21/08 08:25 PM Re: Ten Years!!! [Re: meredithbead]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Meredith, I celebrate all your good news. I'll share it with my sister who is also a cancer survior, but not for quite as many years.

This is a message of hope!

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved