The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 127 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#120666 - 06/08/07 03:58 PM Little Things that Mean A Lot
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
What do you say we post some little things that mean a lot as they happen to us? Are you in? I'll start.

-youngest son called for advice the other night
-oldest son trimmed and weeded both beds in the front of our house yesterday
-daughter and her room mate dropped by her uncle's 50th birthday party last night to give him a gift
-a 30 something young man who was in our youth group when hubby and I were advisors sent us a beautiful letter sharing how much we have meant to him through the years
-I received an email with all these wedding
photos from an out of town friend whose daughter recently married

Edited by Dotsie (06/08/07 03:59 PM)

#120667 - 06/08/07 04:08 PM Re: Little Things that Mean A Lot
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
My grandbeauty Lea called me the other night to tell me, "Gan Maw, you are my best friend."

#120668 - 06/08/07 04:33 PM Re: Little Things that Mean A Lot [Re: jawjaw]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Hubby & I went out for a nice supper last night. But the "little thing that meant a lot" was the long walk through the market afterward (if you ever look up Ottawa, one of the major attractions is the Byward Market). Normally he doesn't enjoy meandering, especially there, but I do. Last night I didn't even have to ask. He even suggested we go into one of the kitchen gadget stores along the way - thought I'd died and gone to heaven. A little thing, but it meant a lot!

(Maya Angelou)

#120669 - 06/09/07 01:49 AM Re: Little Things that Mean A Lot [Re: Eagle Heart]
Saundra Offline

Loc: Daytona Beach, Florida
I get hugs from a few of the guys at work and today I got a kiss on the cheek. Just so you know, I'm old enough to be their mother and some of them, their grandmother. Very cool.
www.gotteethguide.com for your Free Tips

#120670 - 06/09/07 08:58 AM Re: Little Things that Mean A Lot [Re: Saundra]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
I told her to come down for breakfast but, she paused at the top of the stairs with clasped hands and closed eyes...mumbling. I asked her what it was she was doing. My nearly three-year old granddaughter said: "Oh, just a little prayer for Madeline".

Madeline is a three-year old girl from the UK who was abducted a few weeks ago whilst on holiday with her family in Portugal. They are still searching for her.

#120671 - 06/09/07 12:52 PM Re: Little Things that Mean A Lot [Re: Lola]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Lola, this brought tears to my eyes. What a beautiful image. I too have been praying for Madeline ever since hearing the news of her abduction.

(Maya Angelou)

#120672 - 06/10/07 01:58 AM Re: Little Things that Mean A Lot [Re: Eagle Heart]
gerrbeck Offline

Loc: Jacksonville, FL
We are housesitting for a friend while she is on vacation.
She lives on the river and it is beautiful here. My son
who as a young child we used to refer to as Mowgli (spelling?), the jungle boy, who is now 14 and a computer junkie is having such a great time. It's like I have my "real son" back. Last night, he got out of the pool and we heard a woodpecker, as I started to tell him that sometimes you can spot pileated woodpeckers here, he looked up in the tree and there it was. We got out the binoculars and he spent part of the evening birdwatching, we spotted egrets, a great blue herron, cormorants, red winged black birds, mockingbirds, ducks, etc., etc. Last night was a beautiful night, we sat on the dock until the sun went down.
This morning when I woke up, I went to let the dog out at 8:30 and was stunned to see my son sitting out on the dock again. You know teenagers, it's the weekend, usually they want to sleep away the day. He was just sitting there staring out at the river. I didn't disburb him, I just smiled and did my own thing until he came a while later and started telling me about the birds, fish, and crabs he'd been watching.
This evening he and my husband sat on the dock fishing and just hanging out together, I love that! They don't get enough of that.
Last night my daughter was out shopping and picked out and bought a swimsuit for her brother! How nice was that?
Yesterday, I went to pick my daughter up from work, (she works for Red Lobster), she had put in an order for some fresh from the oven cheddar bay biscuits for me! YUM!
This is great Dotsie, it takes our minds off the negative little things that we tend to focus on and you realize that there are so many little blessings we take for granted.
Thanks,
gerrbeck

#120673 - 06/10/07 08:31 AM Re: Little Things that Mean A Lot [Re: gerrbeck]
SharonE Offline

Loc: Australia/ U.S. websites
Dotsie, I am grateful for the opportunity your post has provided, because I so much want to thank you and the other wonderful ladies who use this forum, for the prayers offered and support I received during the terrible storm just experienced here in Newcastle, Australia.

It was seriously scary, and much like a tsunami, although it did take a little longer to hit (18 minutes). Just enough time for most people to scramble for higher ground. Sadly, about 7 were swept away in the floods.

So thank you all, you are beautiful, caring, loving and supportive individuals, each and every one. Your kindness meant so much when I needed it most and it will never be forgotten. The little things really do mean a lot, don't they. God bless you all.
For U.S. Baby Boomers: www.babyboomerexpress.com

#120674 - 06/10/07 09:10 AM Re: Little Things that Mean A Lot [Re: SharonE]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Hi Gerribeck, the way you described the scene with your son...well, I felt like a little birdy watching from a tree top; twirping merrily down to you. I agree, watching nature together with the family is one of the nicest things to do.

This morning Hubby surprised me with breakfast on the deck. Our 16 month old granddaughter 'remained' sitting in her highchair and ate her scrambled eggs all up!

We listened to the birds singing. Watched big fat bees zooming between bushes of pink roses. A warm soft wind made the corn fields move like waves over a sea. I couldn't resist…here's a picture.

#120675 - 06/10/07 01:11 PM Re: Little Things that Mean A Lot [Re: Edelweiss]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
What a doll!

Something you said, either here or somewhere else, Hannelore, made me think about the little things that my D does that mean alot. He washes the dishes, when I cook. He doesn't put them away in the places I would like, but I just thank him and go hunting for the spatula the next time I need one.

Anyway, you reminded me that it should not matter if someone does not do something for us the way we would like them done, but we should only be grateful that they are helping.

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved