The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 209 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#106226 - 02/03/07 07:50 PM Amazing Divine Timing
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
This is nothing short of divine intervention. Hubby wasn't supposed to come to my brother's place until mid-afternoon, but changed his mind when I enticed him over with his favourite eggy-thing for lunch. After lunch, I was restless (staring at the same four walls day-in-and-day-out) and in desperate need of a change of scenery. So we drove to the mall. A mall with many, many entrances and hundreds of parking spaces. We parked, picked an entrance slightly farther away in order to get in a little walk in the fresh air. When we got into the mall, I started taking my gloves off and unzipping my coat (i.e., distracted). But I looked up just in time to see a woman passing us on her way out of the mall. It was my old doctor from Nova Scotia - for anyone who has read my book, it was "Dr. C", the one who was my incredibly caring doctor for almost 17 years, and the one who worked hard and long to literally save my life the night of my overdose. One of my all-time favourite people, and someone I hadn't seen in over 10 years, but someone I had hoped (but never expected) to someday see again. This was the very last place on earth I expected to run into her!!! (She still lives in Nova Scotia.)

Anyway, she was almost to the door when I called out her name. We had the most amazing reunion/chat. I felt like dancing with the sheer delight of seeing her again, and couldn't believe the many "co-incidences" that conspired to bring us face-to-face today! I rarely ever go anywhere these days, and of all the places to choose to go, to have chosen that particular mall on a Saturday afternoon is almost unthinkable for me! And then to choose the same entrance out of dozens of possibilities...well, the timing possibilities just boggle my mind. It was a delightfully unexpected gift from God on a day that needed brightening!!!

(Maya Angelou)

#106227 - 02/04/07 05:30 AM Re: Amazing Divine Timing [Re: Eagle Heart]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Eagle, I'm smiling as I read this. Some connections are never broken. I'm so glad you got to meet up with her again.

Poet and essayist

#106228 - 02/04/07 02:44 PM Re: Amazing Divine Timing [Re: meredithbead]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
What a wonderful uplift for you. Yes, it was divine timing. A well deserved day brighter, for sure.

#106229 - 02/04/07 03:11 PM Re: Amazing Divine Timing [Re: Anno]
TVC15 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
What a wonderful surprise!

#106230 - 02/04/07 07:28 PM Re: Amazing Divine Timing [Re: TVC15]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
Doesn't look like coincidence had anything to do with your meeting. I am so happy for you.

#106231 - 02/04/07 09:13 PM Re: Amazing Divine Timing [Re: gims]
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Well,wonders never cease as my Mom used to say.
Eagle did you exchange addys and phone numbers?

chick

#106232 - 02/04/07 09:21 PM Re: Amazing Divine Timing [Re: chickadee]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Eagle, I call those God-incidences. He knew how it would lift your spirits. That is so cool. Thanks for sharing yoru little miracle.

#106233 - 02/04/07 10:05 PM Re: Amazing Divine Timing
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
I like that - God-incidences. How appropriate.

#106234 - 02/05/07 01:31 AM Re: Amazing Divine Timing [Re: Anno]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Dotsie, I had originally entitled my post "An Amazing God-Incidence", then changed it. God-incidences are one of the reasons I can get out of bed in the morning...I know now that if I keep my eyes and ears open, they'll unfold in the most unexpected places. Sometimes they're not as blatant as this one was, but even a song playing on the radio can make my day and becomes just one more way that God assures me He's with me every step of the way and day.

Chick, I thought of asking if we could exchange contact info, but couldn't drum up the nerve...17 years of doctor/patient relationship and respecting her space and privacy (e.g., at church) was hard to overcome in the space of a few moments. She helped me through my first major breakdown in the 80's, which was a very intense road for both of us - she was beyond incredible in her support and care, insisting that I come in to see her twice a week, and doing quick checks on me at church...she went way beyond duty for me. I love and respect her too much to ask for anything from her now. But you know that whatever will be will be, so who knows...

Edited by Eagle Heart (02/05/07 01:32 AM)

(Maya Angelou)

#106235 - 02/05/07 06:38 PM Re: Amazing Divine Timing [Re: Eagle Heart]
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
great on your part eagle and do you know she just might off been the very person you needed to see on that day too. if she that dedicated a doc then maybee she was down or feeling the weight of some of her responcibilities....So seeing you alive fit and well might of been just the toonic she needed too, could of been a two way thing, just a thought

celtic_flame

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved