The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 212 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#13078 - 07/17/05 11:00 AM I'm going to be a Grandma
Sandpiper Offline

Loc: Kissimmee, Florida
Hi, I hope this is the place to put this information. I found out a week ago that I was going to be a first time grandma in February or March. Yippee!

My son and his wife will be married for nine years in August. We had about given up hope that they'd try for a baby. What a happy time. I asked them why now and he told me he guessed he had wanted to spend time partying and just being a couple. I understand that.

The best part is they are ready for this baby. I had two children and planned both of them so am glad they planned this baby. It helps them realize the time is good.

So, thought I would share this with you all.
Thanks for listening to me go on.

Sandpiper

#13079 - 07/17/05 05:23 PM Re: I'm going to be a Grandma
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
WONDERFUL NEWS! Take it from me, there ain't nutin like it. I melt everytime Lea does a patty-cake, or leans her little chubby cheek over to mine, to give me sugar. Unconditional love, that's what grandchildren are...sigh. CONGRATS!

JJ

#13080 - 07/17/05 06:25 PM Re: I'm going to be a Grandma
Pam Kimmell Offline

Loc: Warrenton, Virginia
Yippee! Great news Sandpiper....I'm sure this is a happy time for ALL of you with only MORE happy times to come. Congratulations to you AND your family!

#13081 - 07/18/05 07:16 AM Re: I'm going to be a Grandma
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Congratulations Sandpiper! What glorious news! Have you started browsing the baby clothes yet?!

#13082 - 07/17/05 11:16 PM Re: I'm going to be a Grandma
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
sandpiper, I'm tickeled at your news. And how smart of them to wait until they were ready. My sister is also going to be a grandmother for the first time. I shared in her excitement Friday night when my daughter and I started shopping with her for the shower we're throwing. Gald to hear exciting times are ahead for you and your fmaily. This news makes me smile ear to ear.

#13083 - 07/18/05 02:08 AM Re: I'm going to be a Grandma
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Yes, blessings and Joys is the perfect place to post this news, Sandpiper. Congratulations from me too.

chick

#13084 - 07/18/05 02:50 AM Re: I'm going to be a Grandma
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
All of Gods blessings to you dear Sandpiper and your son and daughter-in-law. What a wonderful surprise. Being a Grandmother is always so magical but especially the first time.... [Big Grin]

#13085 - 07/18/05 08:15 AM Re: I'm going to be a Grandma
Sandpiper Offline

Loc: Kissimmee, Florida
Hey, thanks everyone for the warm thoughts. I am as pleased as can be. I'll share this with you all. I asked my older sister, along with my twin sister and myself to pray they would get ready to be parents. Sometimes they just don't realize what it is in their lives they need and are missing.

Yep, we have started browsing the baby items. My daughter and I went last week to Macy's and saw the baby items. Sooo cute! Have looked at shoes.com at baby shoes. Looked at Target for baby clothes and furniture. So, I guess I am more than ready to be a grandma.

I have an Aunt that just became a grandma for the first time about 3 years ago and she is now 80 years old. The baby is such a blessing to her. But I kept telling my son, please don't make me wait till I'm in my 70's!

So glad to hear it is exactly what everyone has said. You all are, I am sure, fantastic grandma's. Thanks again for the lovely thoughts and wishes.

Sandpiper

#13086 - 07/18/05 09:23 AM Re: I'm going to be a Grandma
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
Congrats Sandpiper,
You're going to love this. If I had know it was this much fun, I would have STARTED with the grandkids. Being a grandma is great. I love it. Love my grandkids and they love me. And that's what it's all about!!
smile

#13087 - 07/19/05 01:06 PM Re: I'm going to be a Grandma
writegirl1949 Offline

Loc: Arizona
Sandpiper ... one of the biggest blessings I had as a Nonnie (grandma to most), was doing the things I never had time to do with my daughter. Now, I can have fun with my granddaughter, Alix, who is almost 10, and my grandson, Cody, who is 8 1/2. We have special things we do together and even though I'm here in Germany, when I go back and visit, we make sure to do those things. It helps keep us connected.

I feel like I am that special adult they can trust implicitly.

Congratulations.

Blessing, Francine

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved