The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 150 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#12646 - 09/16/03 02:47 AM It’s the little things in life that bring joy
Julie Offline

Loc: Australia
It’s the little things in life that bring joy –
Like the disabled student I just saw in a wheelchair speeding down the ramp to the college canteen. Enjoying the rush of air on his face and the empowerment of moving so fast unaided.
I’m sure he didn’t know how much I enjoyed it too!

#12647 - 10/03/03 06:03 AM Re: It’s the little things in life that bring joy
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Julie is so right. Tonight I spent from 6-8 taking care of a disabled young man at the Children's Advocacy Center while his grandmother celebrated some kind of program graduation for herself at the center. What an honor it was for me to talk with him, help him write letters (one was to me as his new friend) and just be in his presence. It brought a lot of things into perspective for me and blessed me in so many ways. I wish I had the words... [Smile]

#12648 - 10/03/03 04:00 PM Re: It’s the little things in life that bring joy
Evie Offline

Loc: Nipigon, Ontario Canada
From what you've told me, you do have the words. I hope you journal the experience too, for future writing material.

Hugs to you for taking time out to make a difference to someone. We need to be reminded that we change our world one small step at a time, one person, one relationship at a time.

The "little things" really do count [Smile]

#12649 - 10/07/03 05:50 AM Re: It’s the little things in life that bring joy
Candice Johnson Offline

Loc: Alexandria, VA
You know jawjaw, i read your post and I think to myslef "I am never going to complain about not having time for something again." I don't know how you do everything that you do. No idea at all.

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved