The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 170 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#181910 - 05/10/09 06:06 PM Mother´s Day Today??
humlan Offline

Loc: Sweden
I live in Sweden..our Mother´s Day is at the end of the month..is it Mother´s Day in the US today???

If it is..and I kinda hope it is..otherwise I feel a bit foolish..I just want to wish all you moms out there a very HAPPY MOTHER´S DAY!!!!

Lots and lots of Hugs!!!! blush smile

#181921 - 05/10/09 06:48 PM Re: Mother´s Day Today?? [Re: humlan]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
You dear lady Humlan could never be foolish and everyday should be Mothers Day anyhow. LOL!!!!

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#182027 - 05/12/09 12:43 PM Re: Mother´s Day Today?? [Re: chatty lady]
Danita Offline

Loc: Colorado
I spent mothers day with both of my children for the first time in three years (20 year old and 18 year old). (Mark my fiance', and an older woman friend my family "adopted" years ago was there also) Talk about a blessing.

We went up to Estes Park to our old church, and my 20 year old daughter recommitted her life and was baptized. She is three months pregnant, she told our pastor, "I don't have it all together yet, there are still a lot of things I need to fix, I just believe that this is what I'm supposed to do"

We then went to a friends cabin and had fondue. It was just wonderful.

The pastor preached on David's life. How he made mistakes, and yet he still sought God. He talked about the struggles in peoples lives.

He played this song during his message:

This song talks about the "sacred being torn away"....but talks about how we are "held" by God.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOufqWodFNo

"This is what it means to be held.
How it feels when the sacred is torn from your life
and you survive.
This is what it is to be loved,
and to know that the promise was
when everything fell we'd be held."

I realized that this is the story of my life. I have experienced tremendous loss, and yet, I have always sensed God's hand in my life - the he has truly held me.

For those of you ladies who are in a period of mourning - my heart is with you. God is faithful. He will bring you through it, and TO something new and beautiful. None of our suffering is in vain. He will use it, I promise you!

As long as their is life, there is hope.

Keep the faith sisters! I love you all deeply and thank God for your lives!

Danita

Edited by Danita (05/12/09 12:45 PM)

My most recent story for my mom:
http://www.heritagemakers.com/projectBro...tSponsor=384221

#182028 - 05/12/09 12:45 PM Re: Mother´s Day Today?? [Re: Danita]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Danita, just you sharing these personal times with us is a blessing to us all. Thank you kindly for being so open and allowing us to walk this journey with you. God bless your daughter. I pray that she comes to realize she has a best friend standing right in front of her!

Sending love,

#182066 - 05/12/09 11:09 PM Re: Mother´s Day Today?? [Re: jawjaw]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Danita you don't pop in here very often but when you do dear lady and friend, you leave us with your wisdom. Something for us to reflect upon. I am so pleased that your Mothers Day was one filled with love and hope. You are awesome!

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#182352 - 05/16/09 05:09 PM Re: Mother´s Day Today?? [Re: chatty lady]
humlan Offline

Loc: Sweden
Thank you, Danita..and you other ladies..for this thread..I needed to read something of what I found here..Danita and Chatty..

Our Mother´s Day, here in Sweden, is at the end of the month. I plan to celebrate my brave and wonderful daughter who lives here..a single mom with her 3 kids..my grandchildren. I know that my other daughter was very well celebrated in the US..got news of that over facebook! smile She and her family have been thru hell and back this past year..but the operative word here is..back..they are on the mend!!! Bless them all!! And ALL MOMS everywhere!!!

Hugs!!

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved