The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 212 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#176826 - 03/12/09 01:48 PM the strangest place
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
i just back from london as some of you rember.

I was at the lions with po and L (trafalga square) and you can see big ben from their, so we walked and showled L, big ben and houses of parliment, from their you can see westminster abby (Gods house lol)(look chattie a capital wink )so L got exited about that but when we got their you could't get in not open to general public......so dowen the street westminster cathedrial lol. rember in the other thread i had issue about going and going to a mass their.

so looking at one tourist attraction lead to another to another to another and then the cathedrial....and no i never been before or thought it was neer those attractions.

anyway we walked dowen to westminster cathedrial (think same happened with anno and D as well ) which we could get into, by now L in frenzie about getting into Gods house and did i think he be in!&!....anyway we got in waling around looking at wee sub chapels at side within the cathedrial.

The mass started so i ended up at the very place i said i wase't going to go to while the mass was going on which i was objecting to a few weeks back. strange ways and strange times.

anyway L light his first candle and said his first prayer which nearlie had adults in tears.

Now L can be a bit hyper active at times but through out his time in their he was quite calm and listened and looked about himself, we was in well over an hour and a half since before and after the mass, just goes to show that my journey not necassarily his path and vice versa. I do well to rember that.

anyway so much for saying i aint going their becouse of that lol, plse have a lugh at me or on me!

you any similare twist and turnes of faite you wanna share? in a big way or a small way that lead you someweer....

#176837 - 03/12/09 02:31 PM Re: the strangest place [Re: celtic_flame]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Great story. And thinking of you helping L light his first candle is endearling. I was picturing it and could see you bending over and helping him with the flame stick. Very touching. I haven't lit a candle in church in ages. We don't do that in the Presbyterian church. Did it many times a a child growing up Catholic.

I have to think about the change of fate piece. For now, I don't have anything to share.

#176849 - 03/12/09 07:07 PM Re: the strangest place [Re: Dotsie]
Poppie Offline

Loc: London
Well, how proud was I as we strolled into Westminster...it was filled with little moments indeed,the most precious one was helpng L light his first wee candle and explaining why one would do such a thing as fire is dangerous and not to play with. I assured him with why it was only in one of gods house that he would be allowed with supervision. I went first and lit mine saying my prayer as I went. L was a very beautiful little man all lit up with delight. He Piked his candle and we helped him light it...then he closed his wee eyes and said the sweetest wee prayer I have ever heard sisns my big boy was doing his first ones. L was itntrigued with everything and I gave him as muc as he could handle about the whole experience. The whole what was this and that...I always suprise myself at how natural all the information comes to me. Mass was going on at the time and I was anwering and stopping to be quiet at appropriate places..more intrigue from the wee man...I taught himhow to genufect(sp!!lol)which is to go down on one knee and bow one head...such grace and delight when he knew he had got it right.
Right Celt, firstly you didn't pull your hand back in jest when you went to bless yourself with holy water at the font and we left at the creed so your alright just now..it it does have its' on typical brand of humour or teasing...but I won't

Yet...muwhahha!!!
''Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love

#176861 - 03/12/09 08:54 PM Re: the strangest place [Re: Poppie]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
Quote:
you any similare twist and turnes of faite you wanna share? in a big way or a small way that lead you someweer....

My friendship with you and Poppie is a story of Blessed Serendipity.

#176875 - 03/12/09 10:35 PM Re: the strangest place [Re: Lola]
celtic_flame Offline

no poppie the holie water didn't give me acide burnes AND why would it ;o....

i actulie listened to the creed...i can when its in english, no problems ;p..you mentalie left. Your just biased about the creed anyway and your wrong to be so ;p

but you do describe a storie better than me....and you can spell lol.

#176876 - 03/12/09 10:44 PM Re: the strangest place [Re: celtic_flame]
celtic_flame Offline

LOLA

of Blessed Serendipity....THAT ONE Way to put it and i like it.

and that storie above leads back to you ...heers how

you took poppie after her inicale gripes had diead dowen to westminster, again mentalie removing the mental blocks to mass, becouse your you and becouse she likes you. I like you for that doing that and becouse your you...:) following so far.

so mental blocks removed, lead to her knewing the route from the Abbie to the Cathedrial, i would't have knowen itt.

so if you hade't met po and done what you did L would never of made it their (possiblie) funnie how one thing leads to many good things.

As for us all ending up as frends, yep from outside it seems strange but from inside thirs the same strange humer smile the love of god, personal honestie bommers and london towen....oh and millies cookies might have a small part to play in it all, you bought me a box when we first meet up, yea it was all dowen to millies cookies lol. smile

i am beating you with post now as we were equale earlier lol.

#176878 - 03/12/09 10:56 PM Re: the strangest place [Re: Dotsie]
celtic_flame Offline

dotsie

in manie ways its the wee small rituals that i do miss about catholisisum. I also miss some of the bigger rituales. I am very symbolic, and love meaning tuned to a physical action.

i do at home mostlie light candles to meditate and pray anyway. maybee a left over from catholisisum but i am still consiouslie calling the light to me. anyone else light candles for ths practises?

Arn't lighting candles within catholisisum done to symbolise and in memorie of the eternal flame of christs love and light...anyway blowing out candles mentalie i will say the eternal flame never dies, or eternal flame never goes out, eithers good. enough about my mental ocd lol.

DOTSIE
do you miss some of the rituales from when you were young just for nostalgas sake? Are thir good rituals within prespartarianisum?

he prayed out load after lighting the wee candle and we got to hear what he was praying for, he did take it more seriouse or ernestlie think it was the being in "Gods house" becouse at home we are a lot more casule in prayer, he detected the diffrenses. Its what he was praying for that would have had us in tears, the subject matter as well as his sincerity but especialie the subject matter.

i love kids prayers, someone should wright a book about them, sorta chicken soup for the soul type stuff smile

#176885 - 03/12/09 11:17 PM Re: the strangest place [Re: celtic_flame]
Poppie Offline

Loc: London
Fess up Celt, there were tears a plenty. :-p. xx So, whats the biggie about me preferring the creed in latin? Although the latin mass is very beautiful...the Irish mass is something else, its like singing all of the mass from start to finish.
Celtic, you were tempted to withdraw in horror as if you were being burned by acid albeit in jest, but then you remembered how literally L takes things and plays them out literally.
As I walked with L nd Celt in tow through Westminster, I also remembered Dennis being surrounded by three adoring ladies who doted on him and had a wee cry then too...that time is very special in my heart and I remember Mom Ann cuddling me and saying how wonderful it was to feel and be loved from all over the world. I was lonesome for Ann and Dennis and said some prayers for you guys too
''Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love

#176892 - 03/12/09 11:27 PM Re: the strangest place [Re: Poppie]
celtic_flame Offline

its not that you prefaire it in latin or even irish...just you don't like it in english, that whats weired lol. english is fine with me, i like understanding. Anyway its too good a point o NOT BRING UP LOL ;P.

yea anno and D you were being rembered to me that day and i heared the whole storie about you all going from po and then in part from lola on the phone the day after, so their you had good thoughts from afaire that day smile

how could i explaine L explaning to his teacher "when mum blesses herself this happens to her" all wide eyed...thank goodness i know when to stop kidding... well how to stop kidding but keep kiding in other ways (that won't get him or I into trouble lol)

it was a good day even if it was onlie ment to be a romp with the lions lol.

#176893 - 03/12/09 11:29 PM Re: the strangest place [Re: Lola]
celtic_flame Offline

lola

apart from us two ejits what other turnes of fate happend to you as i am sure thirs plentie to tell if you would smile

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved