The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 108 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#13063 - 07/07/05 06:26 PM Lost and found
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
A man came into the store where I work and asked if anyone found a single key. I said no, but let me help you look for it. We found it right away and he began to tell me another lost and found story. It is amazing.
A few years ago, he lost a ring that his father left him. It was designed by his Dad and meant a great deal to him. He lost it on a street in New York one night.(that's all he said about that)

He said he was devastated and prayed faithfully to God that he would find the ring one day.

He was on a beach in Florida, years later and was looking at the young woman next to him on the beach. "Looking because she was so pretty," is what he said, grinning.

He looked at her hand and there was his Father's ring. He began telling her the story of how his Dad left him a ring very similar to that one and he lost it on the streets of New York a few years ago. Before he could finish his story, she took off the ring and said, "THere take it, this has to be yours, I found it on a street in New York a few years ago."

What are the chances?

A true miracle from prayer.

chick

#13064 - 07/07/05 06:33 PM Re: Lost and found
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
I LOVE stories like this. Thanks Chick!

#13065 - 07/08/05 07:57 AM Re: Lost and found
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
How cool is that?

Wouldn't it be fun to be able to write a book of miracles?

#13066 - 07/07/05 08:38 PM Re: Lost and found
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
A book of miracles would certainly be great. Miracles, great and small.

The family of one of the poorest boys in my graduating class saved money to buy him a class ring and at a graduation party at the lake, he lost the ring in the middle of the lake. Everyone dived for it, but of course no one could find it in the huge lake. He went home heart broken.

A month or so later a sophomore was at the lake diving in a completely different place and he found the ring. He knew who it belonged to because of the initials, date, etc. and took it to the guy who lost it.

Just another miracle.
smile

#13067 - 07/09/05 06:56 PM Re: Lost and found
chickadee Offline

I bet one could write a book just on "sentimentals" being found. My grandmother's ring showed up three years after we thought it might have been stolen and pawned. I never stopped praying for the ring to show up. I often say a prayer of thanks that it did.

chick

#13068 - 07/09/05 10:24 PM Re: Lost and found
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
It's not on the same level as a special ring, but my Mom bought me a hot pink sweater for my birthday one year. How I loved that sweater. It was perfect for bringing along to summer picnics, the beach, outdoor parties...I wore it constantly and dragged it around almost everywhere with me. And over the years Mom bought me a varitey of matching shorts, capris and tank tops to go with it.

Well I took it to our annual office beach party one year (1991 or 1992) and left it in the big tent (where everyone else was leaving their stuff too). But when I went to get it a couple of hours later, it was gone. It was clear that it had been stolen, and what was worse, just about everyone who was at that party knew me well and knew how much that sweater meant to me. So at first I thought it was a practical joke. But it never did show up again.

That was over 15 years ago, and I know it's ridiculous, but there are still days when I think about that sweater and yearn to have it back. I don't like getting "attached" to material things, and rarely do, which makes my continuing attachment to this sweater annoying.

But I suspect it's meant to be a continuing chapter in the lesson about why NOT to become attached to material things. But I still can't help saying a little prayer that one of these days I'll find it again in a second-hand shop, or a new one just like it.

[ July 09, 2005, 03:25 PM: Message edited by: Eagle Heart ]

#13069 - 07/11/05 04:12 PM Re: Lost and found
chickadee Offline

I enjoyed reading your stories. Eagle, you never know when your sweater or a reasonable facimile will show up. It's not over yet.

Smiles, where is the Bassinette now? And little Abigail? How old is she?

chick

#13070 - 07/12/05 07:55 AM Re: Lost and found
Songbird Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
Chick, what a beautiful story of lost and found... from NY to Florida! God works in mysterious ways, doesan't he? [Smile]

#13071 - 07/11/05 08:02 PM Re: Lost and found
Songbird Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
Smile, wasn't this story posted before on a different thread about a yr. ago? I believe I read it before, it's a beautiful story!

I'm sure there are many more stories that we can all share! It's so interesting!

#13072 - 07/11/05 08:27 PM Re: Lost and found
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
I posted it first on here then submitted it. I think I have to take it off here though. Someone just told me there's a question about "first rights" or something if it's been online.
smile

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved