Mountain sent me a pm and asked a provocative question. I thought I would share the question, and some of my answer here, in hopes that some of you would also wish to share your Mother's story.

What is the story of the girl/woman that was (or is) your Mother?

My mother was very intelligent. She had a well rounded type of intelligence - social, math, the written word and music.

Her biggest fault was comparing herself to someone else. All of my life I remember her looking at her talents and not believing that she was damned great.

She was a stay at home mom, until all of us kids were in junior high school. Then she went to college and got her teaching license. She loved teaching, and made many friends through out her teaching years. She loved school, as I do, and loved learning.

She read every day, and read for hours at a time. She was mostly into fiction and mystery, but would read any book that was placed in front of her.

These last few months, I got to spend more time with my mother, and I realized how friendly and happy she was in life. We lived far enough apart, that I only saw her for short periods of time, and only with family. While she lived in her assisted living place, I was able to see her away from family. She was truly a fun, happy and easy going woman. She was truly loved by those that were able to spend time with her.

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com