The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 126 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#160722 - 09/23/08 08:54 PM My mother's passing...
ariadne54 Offline

Loc: WV
I cared for my mother, who was in her 80's when she was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. This was a kind of healing experience for me, since she had been quite abusive and unloving toward me all the time I was growing up, even well into my college days. My sister, two years younger, and who never received the extent of the abuse, was very antagonistic about my decision to care for her, not wanting to help. She finally came around, though, and we both treated Mom lovingly. I took much time off work, and when I couldn't be home, my sister, who doesn't work, came to help. Mom never acknowledged how she had treated me, and discussing it with her was out of the question, even before the illness. She was a very angry person, never showing love toward me, but I'm still glad I was able to care for her, and give her comfort during her last days.
Patty

#160723 - 09/23/08 09:04 PM Re: My mother's passing... [Re: ariadne54]
Edelweiss2 Offline

Loc: American living in Germany
You know, I think it’s all about knowing what the right thing to do is. It was right for you to be there for your mother to the end. So now you have piece of mind, and can go on with your life without feeling guilty. I’m sure that is worth it. And I guess that is what love is all about.

#160770 - 09/24/08 01:49 AM Re: My mother's passing... [Re: Edelweiss2]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Two wrongs never make a right ariadne54... Your mother was wrong her whole life where you were concerned, but you were right to be there for her in the end and that is a big KUDO to you. What you did was probably harder than any of us can know but when chips were down, you stepped up to the plate and did what good daughters do, BRAVO! to you...

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#160850 - 09/24/08 08:04 PM Re: My mother's passing... [Re: chatty lady]
ariadne54 Offline

Loc: WV
Thanks, Chatty, and Edelweiss..
While she was still in the hospital after her diagnosis, and I was there attending to her, she asked me, "How did you get to be like this???" I just answered, "It's my nature, Mom." which is true. That was about as close as we came to ever acknowledging how she raised me. And there was no more discussion. I told her I loved her often, and gave her all my attention when she was here with me. She really enjoyed and appreciated that.
Love
Patty

#160883 - 09/24/08 10:42 PM Re: My mother's passing... [Re: ariadne54]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Ariadne, your story really touched me. I'm glad you shared it here.

(Maya Angelou)

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved