The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 198 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#11427 - 05/02/03 11:43 PM Right at home
roxxie Offline

Well just thought id spread the word of this new In HOme care and assistance facility.Its hard on alot of families taking care of there family,and also there parents .Well this new place has care givers that come in to the home of your loved one and basically cares for them and keeps them company.Assistance with activities,takes them to dr appts. companionship and more.Ill be working with these people within the next week or so.Its new here in sw florida but they have offices all over the usa.Im trying to spred the word here in sw florida to build cliets.You can visit there web site at www.rightathome.net\swflorida

#11428 - 05/04/03 08:36 PM Re: Right at home
lionspaaw Offline

Loc: SW Florida
This is like the company I work for (I'm the night time/weekend on call schedule coordinator)-- we send HHA's (home health aides) or companions into peoples homes or nursing homes or facilities to take care of people.

It's a very rewarding business to know that you can take care of someones loved one when they can't - or being able to give a family a night out when they have an elderly sick parent living with them. Or, in bad situations, take care of someone that no one else cares too.

Good luck on your new job !! I hope you enjoy it as much as most of our girls do. [Smile]

#11429 - 05/05/03 03:03 AM Re: Right at home
roxxie Offline

Hey its tanya,whats the name of the place you work for.Please tell me more about it.Do you guys have health insurence?whats the starting pay?this place probally wont have anything right away.Are you guys looking for any more employees???Well let me Know.Thanks

#11430 - 05/05/03 05:52 AM Re: Right at home
lionspaaw Offline

Its Alternative Home Health -- but right now they are only hiring HHA's -- they are moving away from the "companion" cases. They're supposed to be getting insurance shortly and they pay the HHA's 9 an hour -

There are a few other agency's right in the area we are (College Pkwy) - Able, and Abby and Heartland -- but I don't know too much about them.

If you like this kind of work -- maybe you should go to school and get trained for either HHA - CNA or even a nurse -- either Edison, Vo Tech or Gulf University will be a good way to start. You can get grants or loans and there's a real need in this field in our area -- as you know -- there's lots of older people in our area [Smile]

And there's lots of work available in the doctor's offices and hospitals -- for insurance billing, medical transcriptionist, x-ray techs -- and all of those fields pay extremely well with short training time -- again -- check out North Tech High as they are offering alot of those courses. [Smile]

#11431 - 05/05/03 06:17 PM Re: Right at home
roxxie Offline

Thanks ,I'll be looking into schools here soon.I'm trying to get some kind of grant through my father that passed away.He was a vet. in the military.I need a web site or # to call the va in this area do you know a # or site?.Well thanks again for all your help.

#11432 - 05/06/03 01:02 AM Re: Right at home
lionspaaw Offline

The Regional Office for benefits info and assistance phone number is 800-827-1000. I wouldn't get to optimistic about them helping though.

The financial office of any of the schools can help you apply for assistance -- or you can try
www.salliemae.com/ and see if they can help ( they're the ones the school grants and loans go thru)

and by the way -- how's my grandbaby and her parents doing ? I haven't seen/spoken to them in quite awhile now -- has trav left for LA ?

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved