The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 160 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#84983 - 08/11/06 06:33 PM Thankful for their help
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
While looking at this forum, I was moved to post about how our parents still care for us. I can't tell you how often my dad does kind things for my family.

Just this week he picked up our dog from the kennel so we wouldn't have to keep her in there another day. He lives close by and loves to get out and about so sometimes he'll run little errands for me. I pretty much speak with him every day and if two days go by and we haven't spoken, he calls and says, "I'm just calling to see what's going on over there since I haven't heard from you." It makes my heart sing. How many people pick up the phone these days to check in and see how we are doing? Everyone is so busy, and that's one thing I love about dad. He always has time. What a gift.

Any of your parents still caring for you?

#84984 - 08/12/06 10:08 AM Re: Thankful for their help
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
My Mom still cares for me, by being a sounding board for me. She is so good in that respect...She let's me talk, pats my hand...and says everything will be all right...without giving advice. I love her so much for that. I call her twice a day, mainly because she had had a stroke, and I just want to check on her.

Do you have any brothers or sisters, Dotsie, to share things with your Dad ?

A friend sent me this link. It's not my intention to make anyone sad; it's just something to think about.

And I just want to say, you are all a part of my "dash."

www.thedashpoemmovie.com

#84985 - 08/13/06 11:53 AM Re: Thankful for their help [Re: Edelweiss]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Hannelore, what a great mom. I especially like how you pointed out that she doesn't give advice. I guess she knows you can figure it out for yourself at this stage of the game.

I have three sisters and one brother. All ubt one sister are in town, and we all pretty much adore him.

I'm heading to see the dash poem.

#84986 - 08/13/06 12:00 PM Re: Thankful for their help
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Thanks for the compliment. That's so sweet.

Ladies, it takes a few minutes for this little movie to load, but it's worth it.

The one point the movie made was tihnking about how others feel. That is something that is wrong with this world. We travel along life's path too focused on self. We need to get outside of ourselves and consider others feelings.

#84987 - 08/13/06 09:51 PM Re: Thankful for their help
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I don't think I have every seen more beautiful pictures in all of my life. Anyone wondering if there is a God, look at these pictures and you'll know that there is, and he is alive and well in a glorious world whose inhabitants have gone mad!

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#84988 - 08/13/06 11:38 PM Re: Thankful for their help [Re: chatty lady]
Di Offline

Loc: NM, transplant from NJ
I've heard the term "how do you live your 'dash'" before, but I'd forgotten about it. Thanks for the reminder.

Yes, Dad still takes care of me. And think moreso than my siblings because, well, I think I need to feel like "Daddy's girL".

Honestly, I do not think I've ever "grown up" as much as my siblings because i've never HAD to be a grown up for children. May not make sense to most of you, but my whole life has revolved around taking care of ME and making sure my life is full.

Oh,I'm not angry or depressed. But I theorized once that I just never had to be mature for anyone; ie: teaching kids how to become adults etc. So, Dad still corrects me. I still ask for his advice etc. He's 78 (and was 47 when Mom died at age 43) and I have watched HIM grow as well.

Yeah, my Daddy. I'll miss him so much when he is gone. :(:( Thankfully he's very healthy and he says he wants to live to 104!

#84989 - 08/14/06 01:04 AM Re: Thankful for their help [Re: Di]
Pam R. Offline

I loved the Dash movie Hannelore too. It is lovely and very inspirational. I am sending it to all who are dear to me. Thank you.

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved